Automatic channel change

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,210 times. The last Post () by hacksat.

• Is there any way to have the dreambox change channel automatically ?

I use my TV as like an alarm clock in the mornings, it is set to turn on at a certain time, and I would like the dreambox to change to a certain channel so that I can wake up to the local good morning show :)

anyone know if this is possible ?

//Niklas

EDIT: I mean.. if its not recording, cause then I wouldnt want to change the channel...

DM 500 HD - USB Enabled, Gemini 5.2 | T90 - 1W, 5E, 10E, 13E, 16E ,19E, 23E, 28E

• You can set the default startup channel. Is that any good?
    When in the bouquet channel list, press Menu and select 'Set channel as startup channel'

• Yeah.. but I dont know if that will do the trick since I dont turn off my box..

Hmm.. I tried setting up a timer event (like a recording, only dont record, just switch) will see if it works tomorrow

DM 500 HD - USB Enabled, Gemini 5.2 | T90 - 1W, 5E, 10E, 13E, 16E ,19E, 23E, 28E

• get your box to reboot every night in cron jobs and it will be on the start up channel

Had that running when I had a stand alone linux server now I'm using a dm800 is there any benifit running the cron on it.

If its not broke --- fix it anyway.

• Yeah, that will work too. That sounds better and probably more stable too than having a timer running all the time... that just doesnt feel "right"..

Better freshen up on the ole' linux skills then though.. I dont remember setting up cron jobs... you just edit the crontab right?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!