Skin Support - Post questions for all my skins in here.

There are 1,467 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 149,110 times. The last Post () by bmitie.

• As giopet has replied on the openatv thread.

They are experimental images, (as you are both fully aware), so any issues raise them on openatv github 7.0 branch.

The skinned menu not showing is probably an unnecessary name change or a broken bit of code with is preventing the screen name="menu_mainmenu" from being skinned.
    (I am not changing anything in my skins for that - as it would break every other image other than that one)

name 'selection' is not defined, is something they have broke and not fixable by a skin author.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• And as they have currently broke the menu named pages

I wouldn't be surprised if they have also amended similar code for all the Settings/Setup pages. So they are probably not skinned as I designed them either.

i.e.

setup_subtitlesetup

setup_autolanguagesetup

setup_remotesetup

setup_specialfeatures

setup_time

• KiddaC , thanks for reply yes I know openatv 7.1 insiders is beta and 7.0 RC1 also beta but release candidate 1.

and your skins were working ok before their last update, I know you have already converted your skins for python 3.xxx.

I only posted just to let you know , just as before when they did make name changes.

• We don't get those text in the UK, so they were never skinned.

it might be this screen. Not 100% sure

<screen name="RdsInfoDisplay"

METRIX code for radio elememts live in

/usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/skinfiles/skin_openatv.xml

If copying metrix skin elements you would have to change the colours to hex values or colours already named in my skin.xml file.

• KiddaC , I know you are not a fan of file commander but when using it on your slyk1080 and slyk-onyx-1080 skins on hitachi 4k tv but only using 1080 resolution screen is quite small so when you go into various directories you cannot see full file details but everything is ok on mertix hd skin.

I did ask on openatv forum thinking it was problem with filecommander but they said skin problem. Dream explorer also has small screen. I know you are not working on your skins at the moment , busy with jedimaker :) also is there any settings I can alter to change size of pip screen to stop black line down left hand side.

was goint to send screen shot from openwebif but funny thing is it displays ok on that .

• File commander is small in my skins, because it never existed when I created my skins, therefore it isn't skinned.
    I also delete file commander every time I flash my box, so I have never once used it :)
    It probably isn't too hard to skin.

Looking at metrix skin
    /usr/share/enigma2/MetrixHD/skinfiles/skin_plugins.xml

Search for commander and copy all the commander screens over and change the colour refs.
    You can dump the code in my ?-plugins.xml files.

In fact looking at metrix skin it uses a lot of template panels now. It might not be that easy for a non-skinner. You would have to hunt down all the template panel code too.

How to get rid of mini tv offset black borders.

You should know me, there is a post for everything ;)

Black borders Picture in Graphics EPG screen

• I might have a skinning session over the next few days. Jedi is hurting my brain.

Remind me what is broke /unskinned and in what image, and what skins. I don't skin EMC, and try not to skin 3rd party plugins unless its popular.

• urie, was that menu/setup screens eventually re-fixed on openatv 7.1

KiddaC not sure what the screen problem you are referring to just running openatv 7.0 at the moment is it EpgSelection.py that you had to edit for 7.0 when we went on menu it was not available ? I still have to manually copy EpgSelection.py over replacing one from enigma2-plugin-extensions-openatv-epgselection-mod_3.1_all.ipk when on openatv 7.0 ,

that many changes going on with openatv at one time if you pressed menu button that would bring up menu with topics showing and when you pressed menu again it would take you back to normal enigma tv channel you were playing now if you press menu againg it goes to OSD settings.

• I might have a skinning session over the next few days. Jedi is hurting my brain.

Remind me what is broke /unskinned and in what image, and what skins. I don't skin EMC, and try not to skin 3rd party plugins unless its popular.

EMC I do not even install I remove it using myrestore.sh in Harddisk/images/config folder.

here is one on extensions screen could be possible because I have a lot of entires first screen ok next screen text seems to be cut off .

• Hi, I can't seem to get the EPG tabs working on the latest openvix build not sure why (have a zgemma h9 se). I was trying on sly Q skin by kiddac but also vskin and even after installing it just wont update with tabs. Please can this be looked into or advice what needs to be done for the latest sly Q skin.

Version of skin i got is here and the steps -> *UPDATED* Slyk Q 1080 (Install - FAQs) - Enigma2 KiddaC - Linux Satellite Support Community (linuxsat-support.com)

I followed this part ->

"

EPG Buttons / Tabs Mod

(See Graphical EPG Picture in the Gallery Below.)

OpenATV - enigma2-plugin-extensions-openatv-epgselection-mod_3.1_all.ipk Post Nov 2019

This skin will only work on newer builds due to the new button codes being used."

Trying to get the part highlighted red pasted-from-clipboard.png

pasted-from-clipboard.png

• There is no openvix version of the tabs anymore. They changed all their epg code, so it no longer works.
    Hence why the only file on that post says openatv.

Is it possible for something to add please for openvix?

Or would I have to flash to openatv? Which openatv version would it work with if not? Because i saw a few yesterday there so many releases like 7.1, 6.4 and another can't remember.

Is wooshbuild still a thing to flash to or better to flash from the image on the open atv site?

• i dont think wooshbuild is a thing anymore but you do have grog and willow builds on that other forum.

The ever changing landscapes, who knows what it works on and what it doesn't. I't does work on openatv 6.4

I don't have time or the desire to keep up with all these changes any more.

• As KiddaC has mentioned VIX no more tabs available since they went to python 3.xx, wooshbuild fair enought you will get tabs on one of the skins , Still not on VIX if you manage to install it , so look elsewere for that problem plus not updated any more.

KiddaC skins work with openatv 6.4 7.0 and 7.1 and other builds and are still maintained when he has a chance so if you are looking for wooshbuild tab type skin look at *UPDATED* Slyk 1080 R19 (Install - FAQs)

• I made a plugin just for you :nerd face:

KiddaC Skins and Plugins

KiddaC Enigma2 Picons, Plugins and Skins, includes slyk-1-HD, v-skin-HD, slyk-q-HD, slyk onyx skins, Bouquet Maker Xtream, E2Piconizer, IPTV Bouquet Maker, Jedi Maker Xtream, Jedi EPG Xtream, ScreenNames, Visual Weather and X Class, X-Streamity - Xtream Codes IPTV Player.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!