Skin Support - Post questions for all my skins in here.

There are 1,432 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 146,013 times. The last Post () by urie.

• Beanster most of my skins are in feeds

Just use them as they install all the revelant files for you.

If manually installing from files on this forum you need to install the my common skincomponents ipk first

All instructions are on each skin post. Please read them.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Right chaps, I am pretty much up to date with everything (except Jedi), so over the next few days I am going to probably have a look through my old skins and see what needs tweaking.
    Can you let me know of any new screens which are broken/unskinned.

I tend not to skin 3rd party plugins, but there is no harm in asking. I might say yes, I will probably say no.
    I don't skin enhanced movie center.
    EPG tabs is not going to be updated any time soon due to openvix now doing something completely different with their epg files.

I know longer update my SD skins. Its 2022. If internet explorer can die. Then so can 720 skins. Time for a new box :pleading face:

I will need to know what image you are using as it it might be image specific.

I also have a nice new screenname plugin that you can use to easily identify what screen you are showing. Please use it so I know exactly what the screen is called.

The only one that I recall mentioned of late is multiboot on openatv 7.1

• Ok KiddaC , I will get you started HelpMenu on slyk1080r19_2.21.20220323 and slyk-onyx-1080_2.33.20220323 no info at all an main help screen.

And

[ExtensionsList',' ChoiceBox'] Text towards bottom of extensions list text seems cut off at bottom.

3rd Party plugins if you would like to have a look ,

DreamExplorer plugin , screen name DreamExplorerII screen to small all others seem correct.

And the one you do not use FileCommander, FileCommanderScreen also to small and FileCommanderContextMenu text unreadable quashed as to say other menus seem ok when you go into them.

• Timeshift i,e when pausing channel on openatv 7.0 and 7.1 not sure now if problem was there with 6.4 do not have image now.

KiddaC , not sure if problem is with your skin or openatv I did ask question over on open atv forum

Could someone try to explain but if I am watching a channel and I press pause button why does counter only go to -60 Secs and the repeats so you don't to know how long channel has been paused.

not as if -200 Secs or 3mins 20 Secs

here are two screenshots of one channel when on pause it was on pause for over 5 minutes, but I would not know that from screenshots.

member on openatv replied:

Try the same with skin Metrix-atv.

GREEN-MyMetrixLite-GREEN-OK, and reboot.

I replied ,

Thanks I will try with Metrix HD don't wan't to be installing another skin. or wait untill KiddaC has time to update his skins again because of continual changes yes.gif on openatv

reply again from openatv ,

You do not install another skin. That key sequence activates Metrix-atv the right way.

Afterwards you can to the menu, and reactivate your skin again with the skin-selector.

Metrix-atv of the image is one of the skins, that might NOT be activated by the old skinselector, but via the konfig-tool MyMetrixLite.

I did try this , but it did not make any difference.

• urie

because openatv have totally rewritten their serviceposition.py code.

The old openatv 6.4 one is what my custom widget it based on

So its looking for length and position of event that doesn't exist in the same context anymore.

Once again, I won't be fixing stuff that is different from all other oe-alliance images.

It will just have to remain broken for openatv 7+

• Ok can only hope :smiling face: a few :beer1: tokens sent anyway for your continued support in all your projects :beaming face with smiling eyes: as long as you are in good health that all that matters.

• yes, that was because my skins were originally for openatv and openvix.

They bothed used different folders at the time

So it was so the enigma2 script runner could be used to manual run these scripts.

• and a big tip.

create a new file with just your amends in. The screens you have edited. <screen>...blah blah blah </screen>

/usr/share/enigma2/skin_user_<skinname>.xml

i.e

/usr/share/enigma2/skin_user_slyk-1080-r19.xml

These overwrite the original skin and allows you to update the skin when there is updates, but your edits will override my file.

pasted-from-clipboard.png

• KiddaC , can you add contents from edited s-extras.xml and s-main-templates.xml to skin_user_slyk-1080-r19.xml to save having to add them to select Additional Backup files ?

EDIT: ok I added edited s-extras.xml and s-main-templates.xml to skin_user_slyk-1080-r19.xml and that is working :))

Also is enigma2-plugin-extensions-openatv-epgselection-mod_3.1_all depreciated as at the moment I need to install that then overwrite it with one you modded here RE: Skin Support - Post questions for all my skins in here.

• How display picons on infobar please?!

Skin slyk 19r

/usr/share/enigma2/slyk-1080-r19/s-extras.xml

#########################################################################################################

<!-- infobar layout -->

<!-- 1 = 2 programme style with tuner and snr -->

<!-- 2 = 2 programme style with tuner and snr with picon -->

<!-- 3 = original sly style with 3 programmes, now, next, later -->

<!-- 4 = original sly style with 3 programmes, now, next, later with picon -->

<screen name="InfoBar" flags="wfNoBorder" position="0,0" size="1920,1080" title="InfoBar" backgroundColor="transparent">

<panel name="Infobar-layout2" />

</screen>

#########################################################################################################

cheers!

• Hi Kiddac, hope your keeping well.

A couple of questions if i may, could you take a look at this Skin it has been modified by the Owner and supports all of the openPli images.

I have his permission to Post on other Boards and so no problem here.

Currently i am using the openPli 8.3 on a Octagon SF8008 Box. But am having a few issues with it being compatible above openATV 6.4 .

All the others 6.5 - 7.0 - 7.2 crash the Box, any chance you could look at it and fix?

I have attached it here below.

Second issue is the picon in the above left corner of the "Channel Selection TV - user Bouquets Screen. They do not show up and i cant figure out why.

What should the picon folder be called? and where to put it ? I have picon - piconSat and piconProv in ..../media/hdd/.......and they show up no problem.

would be great if you could check and fix these two issues.

kindest regards. AJP

KiddaC Skins and Plugins

KiddaC Enigma2 Picons, Plugins and Skins, includes slyk-1-HD, v-skin-HD, slyk-q-HD, slyk onyx skins, Bouquet Maker Xtream, E2Piconizer, IPTV Bouquet Maker, Jedi Maker Xtream, Jedi EPG Xtream, ScreenNames, Visual Weather and X Class, X-Streamity - Xtream Codes IPTV Player.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!