Skin Support - Post questions for all my skins in here.

There are 1,432 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 146,042 times. The last Post () by urie.

• Does your mod show "0 mins" below 1 or is it just completely blank? Either way it's much better than I've currently got and I'm up for modding some files if that's whats needed, if you could point me in the right direction?

It shows 0 mins.

/usr/share/enigma2/slyk-1080-r19/s-general.xml

Just delete the number 2 from the end of Remaining2, save and restart GUI

pasted-from-clipboard.png

• I will gif that a shot Willo3092 but is space is problem what happens if say 120 mins ? not that most would pause for that time

• Works perfectly. Thanks very much again :clapping hands:

That is now exactly the same live pause display behaviour as our old S*y HD box. My other half knows and understands that box well. That is what I'm trying to replicate, as best I can, in a modern open source box but without too much of a shock to her system!

• Sorry Chaps, it's me again - still seeking total GUI perfection having had some feedback from SWMBO..........

I'm not sure if this is specific to this skin or a general issue but I have a couple more questions about the Movie list page.

I am using the slyk-1080-r19 skin with the movie planner layout mod and Sky Planner selected.

1) I use the Trash Can. Although I rarely need to access it, it always sits at the top of the Movie list no matter how I sort it. This kind of wastes a line that could be displaying another Movie entry and also SWMBO thought the "Deleted items/ Trashcan" entry was actually a title line and that all the movie entries were in it. Is there any way to force it to always be at the bottom the list rather than the top? Or be hidden and accessed some other way on the rare occasions it needs to be accessed?

2) When I have navigated to a subfolder containing multiple recordings, I would like to use the exit button to go back up to the top level rather than click back up to the top of the list and then click the "Directory" entry. Is there a way to set that up? Currently the exit button takes you out of the movie list completely, whereas in most other areas of the system it just takes you back one level.

3) Following on from 2, if I have exited the Movie list from a subfolder when I go back in to the Movie list, it goes back to the folder I was in. I can see that sometimes you would want it to do that but I would prefer it to always go in at the top level. Is that possible to set up?

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

While I am still a very green newbie on the enigma2 system, I am reasonably familiar with Linux systems and can make my own changes to specific files, if that is what is needed to achieve any of the above.

Edited once, last by GeoffT ().

• I think Slyk-R19 only shows about 8 recordings in the list on each page to reflect what the Sky HD boxes used to do.

Have you considered using Slyk-Q or Slyk-Onyx instead?

The exit button behaviour is E2 default and nothing to do with the skin.

If you press the movie list button again it should show a list of your bookmarks for easier navigation.

I use ViX and the movie planner mod didn't work on ViX back in the day so I adapted the skin with one I nicked from a VIX skin.

I still use Onyx on a daily basis, it's my favourite skin.

This is my Slyk-R19 modded movie planner.

1_0_19_CD6E_844_2_11A0000_0_0_0_20230411123343.jpg

• I did try several other skins including Slyk-Q, but unless I was setting them up incorrectly with the options (quite possible), the Slyk-R19 was the only one that had a simple and small play/pause icon for live pause or pausing movie playback. All the others also showed the info panel in pause which in my view is not necessary and covers too much of the screen. I am really happy with pretty much all other aspects of the Slyk-R19 skin so would really prefer to tweak the movie screen in that if at all possible.

The screenshot of your Slyk-R19 modded movie planner looks perfect - the layout with the mini screen on the left and a full height listing area is spot on.

Would it be as easy as slotting your s-movies.xml file into my system to achieve the same effect, or is it much more complicated than that?

If it is fairly straightforward would you mind letting me have a copy of it?

• This is probably an obvious one, but it's been driving me mad for best part of an hour and I can't see it!

From the movie list how do I navigate to an alternative file location (eg usb storage, NAS storage) to view files there?

Maybe related, or just another newbie question, what exactly does the Root Directory option in the settings do? It says "to remove the .. from being shown in the that folder" so I've tried changing it to various options to see if then the ".." option would appear in the movie list and I could use that to navigate around the system but it doesn't seem to change anything.

• seems to me as not changed Willo,

That's not KiddaC's skin in your screenshots. It should be full screen and more like this.

I've been having a go at it myself but the actual info list doesn't look right. There is a pipe after the colons.

1_0_19_CD6E_844_2_11A0000_0_0_0_20230426213312.jpg

No such issue on my vu+ solo 4k - sorry just noticed yours is 7.3

1_0_19_83C_83D_2_11A0000_0_0_0_20230426213841.jpg

• ok just spent hours trying to work out why some of my screens no longer work.

openatv, have made some skin elements mandatory. WTF.
    Its up to us as skinners what elements we include in the screens. Not forced to put a load of unnecessary crap because they say its mandatory.

Warning: Skin screen 'LocationBox' rejected as it does not offer all the mandatory widgets 'fileheading, quickselect'!

Most ridiculous thing I have ever seen.

time for some hacks of putting things in a 0,0 and size 0,0. This is why for the last 2 years I haven't updated from 6.4.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Just logged into github after my extended break.

I see chaos is brewing again with my version numbers. Only been doing this nearly 7 years.

I also just noticed quite a few other comments and requests that I will get to shortly.
    Got a huge backlog of work to get through, not helped now that I got openatv 7.2 on my box.

...and yes this thread is going to turn into a complete whinge fest while I sort all this crap out.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• And I suppose one day someone needs to teach me how to use gittags. And will that even work with my constant updates and past files.
    abu baniaz

I've had a quick look on a repository say jedimakerxtream choose master to show branches next you will see tags and you can create a tag from here

Screenshot_2023-05-05-15-15-39-20_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Although I could be completely wrong 😂

Also I'm not sure how that would sync with OE Alience

KiddaC Skins and Plugins

KiddaC Enigma2 Picons, Plugins and Skins, includes slyk-1-HD, v-skin-HD, slyk-q-HD, slyk onyx skins, Bouquet Maker Xtream, E2Piconizer, IPTV Bouquet Maker, Jedi Maker Xtream, Jedi EPG Xtream, ScreenNames, Visual Weather and X Class, X-Streamity - Xtream Codes IPTV Player.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!