Enigma2 OpenVPN Guides and scripts

There are 157 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 40,050 times. The last Post () by Sateze.

• I think it still needs to replace spaces with _ though

Do you mean spaces in the filenames of the contents of openvpn.zip ? because there are no spaces, only underscores.

I still get AUTH_FAILED errors while the pass.file in /etc/openvpn contains my correct username and password and also the username and password in VPNmanager. (X1234567 / password)

• I think it still needs to replace spaces with _ though

Do you mean spaces in the filenames of the contents of openvpn.zip ? because there are no spaces, only underscores.

I still get AUTH_FAILED errors while the pass.file in /etc/openvpn contains my correct username and password and also the username and password in VPNmanager. (X1234567 / password)

in the pass file username and password go into in seperate lines

• Hello,

I flashed my Zgemmah7s with openatv 6.4. Only configured the tuner and static IPaddress with DNS 8.8.8.8 and 1.1.1.1

Used the vpn generator : https://e2openvpn.com/OpenVPN_Generator/ entered my PIA username (X1234567) and password .

copied the wget script line in Zgemma terminal.

Changed VPNmanager setup to : all config in one folder to YES

and activated default DNS.

Then choose Netherlands and OK

After a few flashes of VPN logo : Login failed auth_failed.

I checked my username and password in the PIA app to use the socks5 proxy and then they connect.

• try vpn config importer OpenVPN Setup guide for most VPN,s and scripts

• I don't have a pia account to test but are you generating both username and password?

username is the standard username which begins with a P. (P1234567) The PIA username for openvpn is the same but with an X (X1234567) and the password is generated.

I copied and pasted the username and password into the vpn generator. to prevent typo's.

• Username and password are showing correctly in VPN manager. The only thing i noticed is, when I 'cat' my old password file it shows two lines.

When I cat 'pass.file' the prompt is directly behind the password.

I have sent my credentials to test. Waiting for a result.

I also tried connecting my Zgemma to my phone's hotspot to exclude network errors, but, same result. auth_failed

• ***** RESULT ******

After a good night sleep, I did the following:

1) flashed Zgemma H7S with openatv 6.4 emmc

2) only set tuner config.

3) kept dhcp settings (using static lease)

4) installed vpnmanager using script file in terminal.

- replaced user with my standard PIA username (P1234567)

- replaced password with my standard PIA password matching above P-account

5) Box rebooted as programmed in script

6) Menu-> plugins->vpnmanager

- in VPNmanager ->menu->all config in one folder "YES"

- check PIA username & password

- Press "OK"

- select country to connect to

- press "OK"

- IPaddress in top right corner should change

7) Extra check,

- open terminal and connect to receiver

- copy "http://checkip.dyndns.org" and paste on prompt and press ENTER

I want to thank all who helped me with my troubles. I learned a lot from it.

It remains strange that when configuring VPN connections in the past, I had to use the X-username instead of the P-username.

But as always, results counts.

greetings Tom

• Trying to install the latest VPN Manager v1.1.6 (Python 3) on openatv 7.0 through blue button/Plugins/IPK Installer but it shows as nothing installed. Decided to try Dream-Explorer but get the warning message as attached below. I thought as Python 3 should be ok so perhaps openatv 7. Anyone managed it or indeed got it working on openatv 6.5. I am using a vu+ solo 4k.

51157f4c119.jpg

• I haven't tried VPN manager on ATV 6.5 so I'm not sure if a specific version of the plugin is needed

[Plugin] VPN Manager

Just to advise that 1.1.6 of VPNmanager works perfectly on openatv 6.5. There is however a big but, any of the Internet Speed checkers on the feeds that work perfectly well without vpn manager installed all stop working with trace back errors. If I then uninstall the vpn manager plug-in the speed checkers still will not work and even if I try to uninstall and reinstall them no joy. This is really just for reference to you and anyone else who may be trying to use openatv 6.5 that it looks like you can have vpn manager 1.1.6 or a speed checker but not both.

• VPN Test generator for PY3/2 please let me know if any issues before I convert to main generator. Thanks

This should detect if using py2 install vpnmanager_1.1.3 if using PY3 install vpnmanager_1.1.7

Known issues LTVPN is not updated as this was made with local configs that I no longer have acccess to so VPN Config changer is still used so I have dropped this. PureVPN have changed there config locations so im not sure if this will work on PY2 please let me know if they work.

On script

"Nord VPN" "IP Vanish" "Digibit" "PureVPN" "PIA VPN" "Windscribe" "SurfShark" "TorGuard" "IvacyVPN"

Test generator site

Code
    https://e2openvpn.com/Test/

Py3 test branch on github incase anyone wants to make a pull request

Code
    https://github.com/davesayers2014/OpenVPN/tree/PY3

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!