H9 Combo

There are 117 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 15,241 times. The last Post () by Snoopy8.

• Yes i know, i can put 4 different image but why AN image have 2 release recovery_emmc.zip (16mb) and emmc.zip(80mb). When i must use one and when i must use other? Witch i must to use for usb flash. Thankyou

Recovery is like a bridge or backdoor to your images. To install you must have one working image. Also it does the work of partitioning your storage.

• I will let you know, as soon as I know... if, that is... ;)

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• Hello to all.... I have openatv 6.2 on a h9combo. I need to change image as sometimes i need to switch on and off several times before it works. I have tried wit 4 usb sticks but it just doesnt want to flash. it just stays on a green light........ what else can i do ????

• Try PurE2 v. 6.3, probably with older, smaller USB stick...

Help in PurE2 section under E2 teams...

Good luck!

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• PurE2 version 6.3, m8! It is fully supported!

First flash the latest file from H9combo-RecoveryĀ  => zgemmah9combo-PurE2-6.3-20191006_recovery_emmc.zip - it will partition the eMMC/flash etc.

Then you can have fun - this I write for those who do not know, not the experienced lot - one can have natively up to 4 images in this machine, as it has 8GB eMMC/flash divided in 4 partitions (actually 5 but never mind the Android one...).

Starting with this great image: zgemmah9combo-PurE2-6.3-20200121_mmc.zip- then you can flash, say, OpenATV, HDF, ViX etc.

One can also try the new 6.4 with "flash on the fly" function, of course, as explained in detail by yours truly...

Btw, our coders are working on 6.4 but it is not yet ready....

• H9Combo now is with OpenATV preinstalled .

• ??

• Kodi 18.6 now in PurE2, as well... ;)

• Kodi 18.6 now in PurE2, as well... ;)

Tested this earlier using latest PurE2 image on a HP Twin. I use Real Debrid with KODI. Still crashing a fair bit when you click on links but realise this is experimental at this stage. Been an issue for a while though with a lot of ZGemma boxes, images and KODI

• I tried on Live TV and 1 whole film and other than me making a mistake searching for subtitles the first time (had to reboot the box at the back) - it's been fine...

So, even the subtitles work in Kodi (writing from memory): press OK, then several times > button to go right (bottom right icon, one before last) to Subtitles > Search subtitles and one of the OpenSubtitles, I think, worked...

If they are not synced do the same thing as above and, if I remember correctly, the first option is for syncing subs to audio...

Enjoy!

P.S. Yeah, now it's in Zgemma H9 Combo and Twin, too... :)

• gorski , I was thinking of buying Zgemma H9 Combo 4K UHD at the moment I have Zgemma H.2s. Will there be a great difference in performance between the two Zgemmas also just normal sky dish not motorised.

What about when you boot to android to run kodi or stalker is it fast enough, or should I hold out for the H10 model I can afford the the Zgemma H9 at the moment no idea how much the H10 would cost.

• No Android for it, sorry... Kodi runs under E2. PurE2, also. Plus you get FNC plugins! No contest!

It's much stronger HW-wise, 8GB ROM & 4 partitions for E2, so multiboot natively, 1GB RAM, HDD slot and so on... Lots of fun!

You can have encrypted connection (VPN) and run demanding/high resolution streams and so on.

It's a really great improvement, for sure!

Seen H7? Triple tuner and so on...

Depending on your needs...

• Sorry, I have none... But I gather they have fallen in price...?

Good luck!

• Since somebody asked me for help and I put a lot of time into it, I don't want it to go to waste, so if anyone needs it, here's my PM to him....

(...)

You need to do the recovery procedure. Everything from scratch with PurE2, since we're doing it properly...

It will repartition the flash - delete all the images and with it any SW errors!!! - and put in the bootlader again.

Before everything else, switch off and then unplug your Combo and disconnect everything from it!

Take out the USB stick and your SATA HDD/SSD!

Reformat them both. SSD/HDD to EXT4 and USB stick to FAT32.

Do not put HDD/SSD back in yet! Put your Combo together, connect HDMI cable and electricity and flash it as follows:

Repartition COMBO/TWIN and flash the first image!

This "recovery procedure" is to be done only once in a blue Moon, either in order to install the secondary bootloader or if there are significant changes to partitioning of the "flash" (ROM/eMMC/"hard drive") or fastboot etc.

1) Download H9comborecovery from here: http://www.pur-e2.club/OU/images/index.php?dir=6.5/airdigital/RECOVERY/

2) Unzip it to a compatible USB memory stick formatted in FAT32.

3) Download a normal zipped h9combo v. 6.5 here: http://www.pur-e2.club/OU/images/index.php?dir=6.5/airdigital/

This one: zgemmah9combo-PurE2-6.5-20200416_mmc.zip (or the latest one...)

4) Send it as it is (do NOT unzip/decompress this file!) to the same USB memory stick.

5) Insert the USB stick into H9 Combo's front or back USB port.

6) Press the white power button at the back, while holding the small black reset button. Let the black one go when...

7) flashing of a new Multiboot/partitioning system starts (LED says FLSH [btw, when this is done eMMC will have 4 x E2 and 1 x Android partition]). (This will be quick!)

8) Then, one faces a menu: in order to flash the 'local image' (the one we put on the USB stick) one must select "Bootmenu" => Flash local image => choose USB stick where the image is => choose the zipped h9combo.zip" => choose the partition to flash it to (in my case Linux 1) => you will see "Flashing"... wait a bit... "Flashing completed".

9) When it is done one will see the menu again > Boot the image you just flashed...

Now, switch off your Zgemma Combo and then unplug everything from it, then insert SATA HDD/SSD into your Combo.

Prepare your USB stick by inserting it into your PC, delete everything on it and make folders: picon, subtitles, cache, buffer => it's faster to transfer all your picons to it while it's in PC, so do that now, if you use them [MMmark has a good collection])!

Properly eject the USB stick from your PC! Take it out and insert the USB stick into Combo.

Connect your Combo again with your dish and terrestrial aerial (coaxial cables), TV/HDMI, electricity and start the machine.

Now, these steps below ONLY!!!

Kill Automounting

MENU > pManager > Device Manager > Mount Manager > blue button > yellow button (to switch Automount OFF) > Exit > do this for all devices/partitions that you want fixed.

Do not restart PurE2 yet!

Now, mount them - permanently - like so:

Mounting devices/partitions in a fixed manner via FSTAB file

This you can do either by using the MENU or the BLUE button, then using the > or < buttons on your remote, changing the mounts, for example like this:

-USB memory stick as /media/usb (there are also usb1, usb2... if you have more than one)

-HDD or SSD (single partition device) as /media/hdd (there are also hdd1, hdd2...)

When you are done > press OK to save it, then you will see a window offering you 3 options > choose RESTART THE BOX.

Check in MENU > pManager > Device Manager if it is the way you set it up.

-Picons - MENU > Setup > System > User interface > Picon path > find /media/usb/picon (don't enter the folder, just get to it/mark it/choose it!) > Save > reboot!)

-EPG - MENU > Setup > System > EPG > EPG settings > button to the right > /media/usb > OK/save

-Buffering for FNC plugins goes to /media/usb/buffer (you will have to set them up individually, if they have such an option)

-Cache for them also goes to USB stick: /media/usb/cache

-Subtitles should go to /media/usb/subtitles

-Downloads location for FNC plugins (YIFY) etc. should be /media/hdd.

-Recording and instant recording, plus Timeshift should go to HDD/SSD! Nothing else!

-MENU > Setup > System > Recoding settings > /media/hdd/movie

-MENU > Setup > System > Timeshift settings > /media/hdd/timeshift

==========================================================

Now, send your channel list to the Combo and restart.

Next, MENU > Setup > Service searching > set up your tuners and scan if you must, for terrestrial channels etc.

Then, MENU > pManager > Cam Manager > Install Camd > confirm and then install OSCam Emu (Ccache?) and Softcamkey updater plugins from the same section. Connect your PC and Combo using FileZilla and send your OSCam config to etc/tuxbox folder.

After that continue like so: MENU > Plugins > green button > Extensions and download FNC plugins.

You will have to go into all of them which allow you to configure them by pressing MENU button while in each of them, to set them all up carefully, as described elsewhere... Save the settings for each plugin, of course - do them all.

OLM, Iwaatch, Streamlord, StreamlordTV, xHamster, YIFY-FNC, HbbTVplayer-FNC, Radio, WAZZup, LiveFeeds, LiveScore, Speedtest-FNC, Bitrate-FNC, IMDb-FNC, they all work! (Even Filmler but...)

While installing those you will also get Media Player2, SubSupport, ServiceApp and FFMpeg, some carefully skinned and specially prepared for PurE2 - latest v. 6.5 is ahead of everyone else!

Some more details here: Fabulous FNC plugins by Franc (for PurE2 users)!!!

Restart PurE2, then go through all the menus in System and do the rest as you need it to be (subtitles and so on).

Service App should be edited to use ServiceApp > Exteplayer3. Restart > confirm.

Additionally, you may want to manually install the attached DreamExplorer (this one works!) and VPN Manager (latest). YouTube, too, if... You have precise instructions how to set up YouTube (create your personal API keys) and VPN Manager on this forum, search under my nick...

Of all the other plugins I only instal Kodi, since it works really well in Combo/Twin.

Do not install E2iStream/E2iPlayer, so as not to mess up the essential PurE2 libs!

Good luck!!!

• thanks for your support some time ago I opened a topic on this topic for me it is very difficult to understand using a translator but I really appreciated your work and I say again thanks

Zgemma H9 Support Forum - Combo Tuner DVB-S2X DVB-C/T2 Linux Enigma2 Multi-stream QT Stalker WiFi Digital Receiver

Download Zgemma H9 Twin SE, Zgemma H9 Combo, Zgemma H9 Combo SE, Zgemma H9s and Zgemma H9s SE 4K UHD Series Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV, OpenBh, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenPLi, OpenLD, OpenSPA, OpenViX, OpenVision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, Sat-Lodge.

Participate now!

Donā€™t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!