H9 Combo

There are 117 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 15,158 times. The last Post () by Snoopy8.

• It's planned for H10. No one knows when...

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• I have small problem Zgemma H9 Combo running OpenATV 6.4 with wooshbuild v10 everything working great except terrestrial freeview EPG it does not populate untill you actually select one or the channels. Sky UK sat side populates no problem both are setup in ABM . Not sure if it is setting in Menu\ Setup\ EPG\ Setup\ EPG settings should it be set to Automatic refresh and Automatic save ?

P.S. IPTV also working using jedimaker and epgimporter.

• Probably, yes... I don't, as I don't need it (I'm OK with it populating as I am opening channels) - but I presume if you set it to 3 days download it should work fine with automatic save and refresh.

If you do set it up like that, though, I guess it should be saved on USB/SSD/mSD, since otherwise flash would be overwhelmed soon, as those packages can eat up both ROM and RAM... unless they are very big. But better not write onto ROM all the time, I suppose...

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• Got it setup to save to Hard drive, I can always just connect tv aerial back into TV but though it would be better having sat and terrestrial running off the zgemma plus problems with sound on zgemmas thought it was just the h2s but must be all got to turn volume up to full on tv and sound always seems low on box. And if you went back to normal TV if aerial was connected it would deafening :shocked3: as I mentioned not a big problem with EPG just annoying.

here are images of EPG setup.

d2808c33d5c422.jpgaca93df.jpgcf8d91d27b16284a72b748.jpg

• HDD will go bonkers, turning all the time, m8....

• No, sorry, you must look a bit closer to a variety of (better) sources.

A number of us are always warning never to put picons, EPG, SWAP etc. to HDD.

Personally, I have never written about it in those terms...

Have a look here: Mounting devices/partitions in PurE2's Device Manager and which files to send where!

"Do not put picons, SWAP, cache, buffering etc. on devices with moving parts, like HDD. Make and/or direct them to USB sticks (they are cheap and fast nowadays). So:

-SWAP file, if you need it, is made on USB stick. (PurE2 has a SWAP Manager built-in but SWAP Manager 2 works better! You can download it from Plugins > Systemplugins.)

-Picons are kept on USB stick (picon folder is on media/usb/picon - Picon Path plugin is built into PurE2!)

-EPG goes to USB stick > /media/usb (in MENU > Setup > System > EPG > EPG settinsg > button to the right > /media/usb > OK/save)

-Buffering for E2iPlayer goes to /media/usb/Buffer

-Cache for it also goes to USB stick: /media/usb/E2iP Cache

-Temporary data for E2iPlayer - I recommend /media/usb/Cache or make a folder for it /media/usb/tmp (the default one is limited and E2iPlayer is made to seek for 1,5GB of space).

-Downloads location for E2iPlayer should be /media/hdd.

-Recording and instant recording, plus Timeshift should go to HDD/SSD! Nothing else!

-MENU > Setup > System > Recoding settings > /media/hdd/movie

-MENU > Setup > System > Timeshift settings > /media/hdd/timeshift"

• gorski , I had already read your section on Mounting devices /partition in PurE2 , thought that was just your personal choices for PurE2.

As I mentioned I also have 32GB mSD mounted I keep store Backups, plugins, Playlists, nline e,t,c. on there for handyness. But will take your advice and move swap file and other various stuff over.

So basically hard drive is a waste of time:lollz: will never use 500GB unless downloading tones of movies only got a few on there at the moment.

What about picons is there a place you put path in or do I just copy folder from hard drive to mSD card.

• gorski , found this info

You can install the picons on the internal flash memory of your receiver, the internal hard disk, a USB key

Command to add when copying picon to the internal hard drive

ln -s /usr/share/enigma2/picon /hdd/picon

Command to add when copying picon to USB stick

ln -s /usr/share/enigma2/picon/usb/picon

I do have picon folder on Hard drive but do not have any in /usr/share/enigma2/picon

• I use the HDD for various things, like timeshift (handy if somebody interrupts you), downloading or recording something really great but also .kodi folder goes there, if you have a strong machine that can handle it. Imagine, you install one image on a multiboot STB (H7 or 9 Combo/Twin) and set up your Kodi properly and in the next image you install in the same machine with multiboot as soon as you install Kodi - it's all there, as they all use the same folder for settings, addons etc. Neat!

Picons go to USB stick and I transfer them, using FileZilla Client... The path to them is set by a little tool included in Setup > System > User Interface > Picon Path.

You could say these recommendations are just preferences but I would claim that logic dictates this structure...

Try it and tell.... ;)

P.S. It is very important not to do a dirty umount of a device (PC or STB!)! Always use a device manager to correctly unmount a device first... :)

• No, it's from PBnigma and now in PurE2...

I put it up in general plugins/tools, as a separate plugin...

EDIT: For older, weaker boxes: tools, plugins, information...

• For those who want to format their SATA, USB and mSD card devices inside their STB, with PurE2:

PurE2 > MENU > pManager > Device Manager > HDD Initialization > choose which one and it will be formatted in EXT4."

Be careful with Combo now. If you flash a new image, all other images might be lost. Incompatibility is the key word. Maybe in a week or two one might have compatibility again and in that case the most likely outcome will be - new flashing of everything from scratch...

• Hey everyone, trying to mount a 256gb microSD card on the combo as an hdd. Box wonā€™t recognize the device at all. Tried exFat, NTFS and ext4 formats. Is it possible itā€™s too large? Zgemma specs show up to 128gb as compatible but canā€™t understand why larger wouldnā€™t work.

• Mano, you can push it and have a headache or you can spend a few quid buying a smaller one and - no headache...

• You can show hidden files in FileZilla. Please see instructions below:

Open the Filezilla FTP program.

1. From the menu bar at the top of the screen select Server.
    2. Select Force showing hidden files.
    3. In the Remote Site panel on the right, you should now see all of your files including any hidden ones.

When you think you know, think again. VU+ Solo2, Xtrend ET7500 with OpenATV 6.4

Zgemma H9 Support Forum - Combo Tuner DVB-S2X DVB-C/T2 Linux Enigma2 Multi-stream QT Stalker WiFi Digital Receiver

Download Zgemma H9 Twin SE, Zgemma H9 Combo, Zgemma H9 Combo SE, Zgemma H9s and Zgemma H9s SE 4K UHD Series Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV, OpenBh, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenPLi, OpenLD, OpenSPA, OpenViX, OpenVision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, Sat-Lodge.

Participate now!

Donā€™t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!