[Plugin] VPN Manager

There are 542 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 164,496 times. The last Post () by 68ciccio68.

• gorski

Good Morning

After installing the vpn manager plugin, the server (in Rome and Milan) is very slow (8K). You can hear it, but you can't see Raiplay.

I connect to the internet by network cable.

My receiver is an edidion os mine 4K

Any suggestion?

Thank you

• Depends - I don't know your:

Internet provider

Speed of your connection

Your HW (modem/router) and its SW

VPN provider

Package you have with them

Status of their servers

How you set it up (UDP or TCP)

etc.

You have to investigate all that and see which element(s) you can improve...

Good luck!

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

http://www.columbia.edu/acis/ets/CCREAD/etscc/kant.html

• Hi. Thanks for the reply.

My internet provider is O2 (movistar) at 300 Mb.

My router is Mitrastar GPT-2541GNAC.

Speed is slow 7.19 kb

Surfsharck VPN provider. I have it configured with UDP.

Do I have to open the router ports?

Which port is better for UDP and TCP in vpn manager?

Thank you.

• You have some of the answers in my pdf file - how to deal with Surfshark and VPN Manager... TCP or UDP is answered there. I am concerned that you are asking that question. Did you do it as I wrote in my pdf?

Post 65: [Plugin] VPN Manager

So, read it carefully and do it as you read it, slowly but surely!

The speed can not be that low! There is something wrong in what you write!

Use IKEv2 on your laptop/PC! Not OpenVPN, which slows down your machine. Now they also introduced WireGuard, stating it is faster than OpenVPN. You can also try that, in their Windows (or Android?) app.

However, use OpenVPN in E2. We can not use anything else in E2 at the moment.

You must do it right, though! No shortcuts, you have to do it exactly as I wrote! Be disciplined and do not improvise!

Do NOT put it BOTH in your modem AND in your STB with E2. One or the other - not both!

I advocate controlling each machine separetely, NOT everything through the modem!

Modems are usually NOT well suited for OpenVPN, they do not have the firepower for it, most of the time....

Come back wth specific details - bot NOT until you have done it EXACTLY as I described....

One thing I can not help you with is your local Italian Sufrshark servers. That is down to Surfshark and you. You must speak to them about the speed of those servers. If they are too busy - they will be slow....

So, use OTHER servers! I use the Belgium server sometimes.... If that helps.... ;)

"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!"

• Thanks for the info.

I will check it slowly.

Unfortunately I am only interested in Italian servers, to see Raiplay; that this service can only be accessed in Italy, as it is geolocated. From outside Italy you cannot access Raiplay online, unless you buy a VPN provider.

A cordial greeting.

• a0dc9871.png

My speed is up to 70Mbsec, usually around 65.... No encryption!

This result is with OpenVPN encyption - I am in London - via Milan SurfShark server, in an old laptop, dual core processor...

I'll try to put it into my STB and test....

• gorski

Good Morning

I was trying to watch Raiplay with Kodi, installed on enigma2.

I have installed in the Edision: enigma2-plugin-extensions-e2iplayer_h git3701 ef19340-r4_all, and with VPN manager I am seeing Raiplay.

I don't understand any of this, because I'm a doctor, but it works.:suprised:

Thank you.

• You should read E2iStream/E2iPlayer and various versions of PurE2

Do not update it from the plugin itself but through PurE2's "SW Update" only (see post no. 3!)!

P.S. Also, see this one: e2iplayer python 3

• Edited 2 times, last by HolyCruz ().

• How is anyone going to help you if you do not give us almost ANY relevant information, m8?!?

• Hi, good morning everyone.

I can successfully connected to the vpn ( nord) by following gorski tutorial, but when it connected, the iptv channels are freezing or glitching, ( like bein sports usa, or other usa channels).

if i disconnect the vpn they are ok. I'm from UK, and i want to use vpn to access the channels. Thank you

• Look above your post....

• Hi, good morning everyone.

I can successfully connected to the vpn ( nord) by following gorski tutorial, but when it connected, the iptv channels are freezing or glitching, ( like bein sports usa, or other usa channels).

if i disconnect the vpn they are ok. I'm from UK, and i want to use vpn to access the channels. Thank you

you need to try different servers and countries in nord to see what gives you fastest and stable connection. it not just a case of connecting to any server.

I connect with vpn manager then I run E2Speedtest plugin to see download speed.

• Hi guys, I managed to set this up after a few goes and finally got the green light on the servers .. The only problem is that when I click on any plugin, it does not link to the internet..Can anyone help me please? Thank you

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!