info correct installation and configuration of the motorized dish

There are 177 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 11,889 times. The last Post () by hondasat.

• Maybe that motor is different than mine but mine had table inside the manual that tells me the angle based on my lat lon. Its manufacturer specific.

mine too, but I don't know which one to consider

In the engine manual it says:

1) You site latitudine 40 elevation angle 50 declination angle 6.3 disk bracket angle 23.7

2) You site latitudine 41 elevation angle 49 declination angle 6.4 disk bracket angle 23.6

My latitude is 40.5 so, what should I take into account 1) or 2)?

Satellite reception: :dish: [1]80cm dish: Emme esse 80cm 13°E :dish:  [2] 80cm dish DIGIPOWER MOTECK SG-2100A             

Handset in use: OCTAGON SF8008 Limited Gold Edition - 4K UHD E2 DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 (Dual OS) Combo

Image: OpenATv 7.2 / 6.4

• 49.5 elevation. Now you say this your image looks good. Leave it there and never change.

ok, but i have very little low signal on 16e and other satellites. Raising or lowering the dish the signal worsens

10803 RTSH SHQIP=============>SNR:52 63<==maximum signal that is reached AGC:96 BER:0

11094 SPEKTRUM TV CZECHIA====>SNR:33 46<==maximum signal that is reached AGC:91 BER:0

11094 WAU HD================>SNR:33 46<==maximum signal that is reached AGC:91 BER:0

10972 ASTRA TV===============>SNR:46 55<==maximum signal that is reached AGC:92 BER:0

11553 RTS 1 HD SERBIA=========>SNR:58 72 <==maximum signal that is reached AGC:99 BER:0

12517 PRO TV INTERNATIONAL===>SNR:24 49<==maximum signal that is reached AGC:84 BER:0

12639 RTSH 1 HD==============>SNR:55 64<==maximum signal that is reached AGC:80 BER:0

12717 NATIONAL TV============>SNR:47 58<==maximum signal that is reached AGC:74 BER:0

11177 ZADRUGA LIVE 1==========>SNR:44 52<==maximum signal that is reached AGC:90 BER:0

Satellite reception: :dish: [1]80cm dish: Emme esse 80cm 13°E :dish:  [2] 80cm dish DIGIPOWER MOTECK SG-2100A             

Handset in use: OCTAGON SF8008 Limited Gold Edition - 4K UHD E2 DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 (Dual OS) Combo

Edited 2 times, last by viper82 ().

• Official Post

Is there a scale on the dish bracket ? or are you using an angle finder ?

IF you change the motor elevation angle, then the dish must also be adjusted.

My channel master dish has no scale on it anywhere, either for the mount or the dish. I simply adjusted both elevation / declination until i had the full arc.

• Sorry I do not understand sat signal levels. Maybe someone can explain it all?

When I adjusted the dish I used a meter similar to this one and got the signal bar as high as possible. I don't think they were all very high, lots of 60-70% from memory, but it works.

EDIT:

Before you try to line up the sat are you telling the motor to move to 16E?

Is your software settings correct? I am not E2 so I cant help with that part.

• Here is something wrong. I see that is motor elevation more than 40. Your latitude is 40.17 and on motor must be also40.

Also , your dish elevation is too high . In your post #97 if is calculated elevation 43 must be 43 and not 49.5. How I mentioned

before the motor and the dish , both must have same direction or be in the same line on 16 E satellite. You must move

both , motor and dish together. Probably is also problem because you can't access motor from behind.

• But his manual says

1) You site latitudine 40 elevation angle 50 declination angle 6.3 disk bracket angle 23.7

2) You site latitudine 41 elevation angle 49 declination angle 6.4 disk bracket angle 23.6

But something I wonder... Isn't dish angle calculated by elevation angle - declination angle? Not sure where 23.x comes from?

• My latitude is not 40.17 but 40.5 ( Latitude 40.5 longitude 17)

On the engine manual as previously written it says that for latitude 40 set elevation to 50 for latitude 41 set elevation to 49.

I set 49.5 because my latitude is 40.5

Tomorrow before mounting an 80 dish I will try to bring the engine elevation to 40.5 let's see what happens.

Edited 2 times, last by viper82 ().

• But his manual says

But something I wonder... Isn't dish angle calculated by elevation angle - declination angle? Not sure where 23.x comes from?

I did not understand the question

• yes, before aligning the signal, I press on a channel of 16e the motor moves to 16E and I find the signal there.

what do you mean the settings of the software? what do you mean by e2?

• I'm attaching the engine manual, in case I missed something.

Manual DIGIPOWER MOTECK SG-2100A

• OK so this is correct for you

pasted-from-clipboard.png

As already written in previous posts I don't know which of the two to use, since my latitude is 40.5

If you set these precisely then all should work.

the post is bubble checked with different bubble levels on the 4 sides all levels say it is bubble.

If not then there is a problem software settings.

How do I know if the software settings are correct?

Edited once, last by viper82 ().

• This is a very long thread but what you are trying to achieve can be made very complex, here is a basic summary.

1, the rig must be 100% vertical.

2. The dish and motor has to be facing dead straight, like a gun, when you stand behind it and look down.

3. Your location ie lat/long known as USALS has to be correct.

4. You need a good LNB like black ultra.

5. Good sat cable.

6. receiver with a sensitive tuner.

7. The lnb will be dead straight when motor at 0 the motor performs the skew.

8. When on the first sat you have to tune the lnb by moving it in and out, this called getting the correct focal length.

9. On first sat you fine tune the rig ie move motor elevation up and down for best signal, you have to do this on a vertical channel and a horizontal channel. And you sometimes adjust dish elevation.

10. Once you have best possible signal you tighten everything up slowly while ensuring signal is good.

11. different images will give a different signal reading openatv is lower than open vix, anything above 60 on ooenatv is good.

Now try next sat and all will be good, if not then it can be because, dish is too small, lnb is no good, rig is misalinged ie crooked. and so on. You can tweak by adjusting usals in box.

enigma2 is the linux softwrae used in your receiver. Openatv 7,2 is very new but should be ok.

40.5 is greater than 40 so use 41.

Can you say make of dish and lnb. any pics of how it is mounter??

NB above all you must have a clear view of the sky.

Tell me some channels on 16e and i'll check them. i jave 1.1m triax dish, with darkmotor, black ultra lnb and vu duo2 box and openvix but i have other boxes connected with openatv 6.4 and 7.2 so can check my readings. i am near at atlantic ocean 8west.

just saw you have a signal meter but if rig is crooked makes no difference or if obstructions in way but is a great help if working on your own.

• Great work... Very good explaination...👍👍👍

Vu+ duo due - Zgemma H9.2H - Motorized system with Amiko DM 3800, LNB Inverto Black Ultra Single and Fracarro 100 cm dish (70,5E to 45W).

• 1, What do you mean by: " the rig " the pole? if you mean the pole is plumb on all 4 sides checked with different spirit levels

2. Ok, I will check.

3. Correct position obtained from google, inserted in the decoder.

4. can you send me link of amazon ultra black LNB so i can place order?. (right now i'm using this LNB) let me know if it is okay.

5. the satellite cable I'm using is this: 15 meters long.

6. what do you mean by receiver? the decoder? if yes i'm using this (OCTAGON SF8008 Limited Gold Edition - 4K UHD E2 DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 (Dual OS) Combo)

7. OK thank you

8. once I put the engine at 0, lnb perfectly straight, told the engine to go to 16e, I don't have to rotate the lnb but focus it and that's it?

9. Ok thank you

10. ok

11. if you recommend that I install open vix, I'll install it right away. ( now i'm using openatv 6.4 i'm not using 7.2 ).

12. ok

13 ok, 41 ( engine elevation 49 )

pasted-from-clipboard.png

14. I did not understand the question

15. clear view of the sky.

16.ok, i'll tell you the channels i'm using for the signal: (channels checked right now 16E)

10762 RTK 1 SAT (KOSOVO)=========>SNR:72 AGC:96 BER:0

11262 TV DUGA PLUS==============>SNR:52 AGC:96 BER:0

11512 TVR INTERNATIONAL=========>SNR:72 AGC:96 BER:0

12643 DIGI 24====================>SNR:64 AGC:96 BER:0

10803 RTSH SHQIP================>SNR:66 AGC:96 BER:0

11094 SPEKTRUM TV CZECHIA=======>SNR:47 AGC:91 BER:0

11094 WAU HD===================>SNR:46 AGC:91 BER:0

10972 ASTRA TV==================>SNR:57 AGC:92 BER:0

11553 RTS 1 HD SERBIA============>SNR:72 AGC:99 BER:0

12517 PRO TV INTERNATIONAL======>SNR:49 AGC:85 BER:0

12639 RTSH 1 HD=================>SNR:70 AGC:82 BER:0

12717 NATIONAL TV===============>SNR:60 AGC:74 BER:0

11177 ZADRUGA LIVE 1============>SNR:55 AGC:91 BER:0

Edited 3 times, last by viper82 ().

• Rig = is the pole , motor, dish.

When you say engine I know you mean motor and that is a good motor.

14. 40 and a half apples is more than 40 Apples, = extra half apple = more than ie greater.

4. that LNB would be classed by me as crap ie useless, if I went to a house and that was the lnb I would bin it but test it first might be ok for a static dish.

5 I use a quad ultra as more than one box, here is a twin, important to get the correct version. There is another make of lnb that people rave about I'll try and find it and post later.

11. Dont install openvix 6.3 its too new. I think your box is multiboot so stick with openatv 6.4 and then will be same as me.

NB there is an old video on u tube that has a great illustration on how to explain rig dead straight, it uses 3 dots. Pole may be straight but dish and motor can be uneven. I'll post video link in a while.

16e I'll check in a little while and give u three readings one for Vix 6.2 and other for open 7.2 and then 6.4

this is the video, 16 years ago!! the bit you need to pay attention to is at 5.16 mins ie the tree RED DOTS thats the secret.

Edited once, last by claihew: add a bit ().

• 4. ok , what you told me has two participants, if you tell me a very good lnb with one participant.

5. now I study it well

11. yes my box is multiboot, i will install vix 2.0

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!