What plugins are you using?

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,251 times. The last Post () by ishara.

• Hey guys,

just thought it would be a good idea to see what plugins people are using on their vu+ boxes as there may be a few hidden gems out there that some people are not aware of

Ill start.....Currently i have

• TS Panel
    • Remote channel stream converter
    • Airplayer
    • 1Channel plugin

These 4 plugins that I'm using are all fantastic in their own right and add many awesome functions to my duo

What plugins are you using?

• Just TS Panel but great idea for a thread. Probably no point in stickying it as plugin options will change as images evolve.
    I'll check out the other plugins mentioned there though.

• Crossepg
    • Permanant Time shift
    • NTP Update (gets time from ntp server on boot/connection to internet)
    • Cool TV Guide
    • Skin - HDGlass
    • 1 Channel plugin

Thats the ones I recall, might be others, its not connected at present, as im waiting for a new psu.

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• Think plugins are a personal preference and one man's meat is another man's poison. I have;
    TsPanel
    Foreca Weather Forecast
    AutoTimer
    CoolTVGuide (powered by CrossEPG)
    Enhanced Movie Center

My TubePlayer

and the usual ones that come already with the BH 1.7.3 image.

The ones I highlighted in red are essential to the way my system is set up as a PVR.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• I agree addons are a personal thing, but I see the reasoning behind the thread, as on TSPanel you only get the name of the addon and there is so many, it would be easy to over look, some of the more functional addons.

EDIT: Corrected typo

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• thanks for the replies fellas

just been looking at some more plugins, the 2 that interest me are:

* project valerie
    * nStramPlayer VOD

Does anyone know what these 2 plugins actually do?

Id also like to ask what does the cool TV guide plugin do?

• Project valarie is an experimental media player front end which turns the look of the GUI to something more resembling a HTPC frontend like Mediaportal or 7MC.
    The NStreamPlayer plugin I think is a online video player and you can play vids such as youtume, dailymotion and some adult.

Now - CoolTVGuide is an EPG frontend and is arguably the best EPG interface out there. It doesn't grab the EPG (you will need CrossEPG or the native EPG data) but it organises it in a familiar way and employs search functionality, ease of selection for adding events to your timer, and integration with the AutoTimer plugin for a better PVR experience.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• If you have more than one Enigma2 receiver then RemoteStreamConverter and Partnerbox are great plugins.

For football fans then i would totally recommend Live Football by mfaraj57. It gives you access to all the live scores as games progress, has links to satellite schedules for live matches and league tables and stats galore.

Another brilliant sports plugin is "Sport Portal" which provides stats for EPL, Bundesliga, Serie A, F1, MotoGP, ATP Tennis. It is a great way to check up quickly on scores, results and stats.

WebRadioFS is a good plugin for internet radio. The database that it uses is updated frequently by the author and his user base and is generally very good with a focus on quality over quantity.

• We need a sticky or a sub-forum with a thread for each of the plugins so they can be discussed and so people can find out what they are before having to install them, fiddle with them for a while before knowing what they do!

It would be great if somebody who knows a lot about these plugins could start this off!

tx fred

VU+ Solo2 ¦¦ VU+ Zero ¦¦ VU+ Zero for parents

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!