Octagon Sf8008 4K UHD box with OpenATV-7.3 installed boot problem

There are 70 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,694 times. The last Post () by Fidanza Giuseppe.

• where to put this image? in tmp???

If you have one for this box dosen't matters what is there, I will do clean install after receiver start normally.

Please describe and give me one of this.

Many thanks!!!!

Edited once, last by leonlive ().

• this is openatv recovery image you copy it to fat32 formatted usb and flash reciever it should put reciever back to default then you should be able to flash other slots again.

can you still boot into openatv looks like it since you posted crash log you could try bressing blue button then selecting flash online

• Format a usb pen to FAT 32

Download this file openatv-7.4-sf8008-20240110_recovery_emmc.zip from the openatv forum.

Extract its contents to the pen (you should now have only 5 files on the pen drive

Insert the pen drive in the side usb port

Switch off the receiver, then on again whilst holding the power button on the receiver

until you see Updt. Then just let go the power button and wait until the box is fully flashed and booted to the new image which will also contain your Multiboot.

Edited 2 times, last by Pete29871 ().

• No! The receiver wont boot - they come to 100% and then down to 55 and 60 and so on without end! The Blue button don't work before either - some buck in plugins... theyfore i wanted clear install, but....become this booting problem.

The BOX(receiver) don't go in flash mode upon pressed power button!

IF this REcover image work automatically when i start - its ok, if I must press the button to go in flash modus - you can forget all this think!

Because RECEIVER don"t just go in WhaTEVER UPDATE MODUS!

bOX JUST STAY IN CIRLCE FROM 100 TO 60 AND AGIAN AND AGAIN. lOG FILE IS FROM TELNET!

• THANK YOU, but this one don't work for me.

Please, read my First post carefully :)

• If you have whatever image that start automatic without to go somewhere, just start automatic repair, just sned me this.

IF you know how to tell box to use my backuped image instead of his itself or somehow to put in automatic recovery without interuption, this will work.

• download openatv-7.4-sf8008-20240110_recovery_emmc.zip recovery image from here:
    http://images.mynonpublic.com/…7.4/index.php?open=sf8008

• Ok, but how to?

• you were given information here:

• Have you already tried this procedure?

Turn off the switch behind it and then turn it back on by holding down the power button in front of the decoder. At this point you should be in recovery mode and you can choose whether to boot another image from multiboot or install a new image online

Turn off the switch behind it and then turn it back on by holding down the power button in front of the decoder. At this point you should be in recovery mode and you can choose whether to boot another image from multiboot or install a new image online

I don't know waht he has tried information hard to understand

My first post began with info, that for me this procedure is no go!

I mean, I can't go to update by pressing down the power button.

THAT IS THE REASON OF MY POST!

For that I try somebary with more knowledge here to give me short instruction how to - without update BASIC procedure or whatever simillar flash with buttons.

This man should have a autoboot in root folder or simillar, or, replace the real command booting system to avoi Receiver boot from his flash - and use backuped in my hard disk image.

That's all.

otherwise, somebarry that have a OCTAGON openatv V 6.3 all python files in */user.../System.ryo folder that can give me this files.

That's all folks!

Thank you again for you efort :smiling face with halo: :)

• look here: https://www.opena.tv/octagon-s…sf8008-recovery-mode.html

• In don't think you have a special decoder just for yourself , you have been inundated with posts suggesting more or less the same procedure because that's the only one to recover your SF8008 4K UHD, now you ask if somebody has files from a quite old image (oATV 6.3 ) to give you, people using SF8008 keep updating it because this decoder is one of the best supported and think like I do that it isnt wise to stay with an old image, so will be very difficult for you to find what you're lookin for.

• In don't think you have a special decoder just for yourself , you have been inundated with posts suggesting more or less the same procedure because that's the only one to recover your SF8008 4K UHD, now you ask if somebody has files from a quite old image (oATV 6.3 ) to give you, people using SF8008 keep updating it because this decoder is one of the best supported and think like I do that it isnt wise to stay with an old image, so will be very difficult for you to find what you're lookin for.

:smiling face with halo:

Thanks for replay, but if something work and is OK, why should be go in trouble?

After all is a one stable 6.3 and work 2 much better than every new image of V7.

Yes, Is old platform, kernel and so and so, but until is not resolved all problems from V7 and the some of version 7 will not go in table "Stable" I don't need this exeperiment for couple more cents of programs that I don't use.

If I will use -then maybe I will go and do update.

That's is the reason Why I still work with this image.

But,

If I will not go to do update via image link from openAtv - maybe I still have the worked Receiver. :smiling face with halo: Because I followed procedure from a Openatv:))

After all, I'm here for a Help, and NOT to diskuss why I have this and that.

Because is my wish.

I read this lesson for a flash 10 years ago, so please don't link me to do a basic stuff - read carefully my first post.

The flashing/updating method via Power button don't work now in my receiver.

• Thank you, I'm looked, but again and again:

My receiver don't go in REcover/updated mode now!

Procedure and all another stuff don't work.

the only one that work is part time Telnet.

• how are you flashing from telnet ?

you could try this :

Download an image you know works on your receiver.

Unzip/extract it to the USB drive or HDD

Stop Enigma2 by issuing "init 4" command.

Issue the following command, adjust the path so it points to where your image is.

ofgwrite -r -k /folder_of_unzipped_image

• :smiling face with halo: My friend, YOU SAVE MY LIFE!

YOU GOT A drink from me :beer1:

Now, kann you please tell me how to restore my Blue button 'there was a plugin, somehow I doing mistake and now every time when want to see or start my plugin receiver crashed and say after 3 times REceiver will go and restart.

Somehow i remmmmber in meantime when i try to uninstall kodi and some dvb 'this Error after that happpend.

How to restore this ' was a oscam and cccam there.

In root folder is a cccam, but oscam is gone.

I try it to reinstall but don't work. same problem when i press this BLue button.

How to do that to work again?

OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD Linux Enigma 2 2160p H.265 HEVC Dual Wifi Multi-Stream DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 Combo Receiver

Download OCTAGON SF8008 4K UHD (DUAL OS) Images and Enigma2 Team Support from OpenATV - OpenB - OpenPLi - Open Vision - PurE2

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!