CrossEpg For Spark

There are 17 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 8,626 times. The last Post () by bupbupe.

• Hi mate downloaded and installed on my alien 2 box turned it on in plugins but can'nt find it anywhere please can you help

Cheers Greg

• first did you FULL reboot box after installing then it´s probably in MENU->SETUP->
    and you might see it there as thats where its usually located on E2....although spark works a little different..

• Completely agree Ghee, i also cannot get crossepg to work on the Alien2, if i set to use my usb pen, i cant even see the opentv providers, so am forced to use internal storage. My epg remains the same, i.e. now and next only. I wish i could get this ruddy thing to work, anyone with any experience? please help :-(

Thanks

• As you have found for the moment there is a bug in this plugin so it's not working right now, however this and various other small bugs we know of have been passed over to the right people and are being worked on as we speak, so hopefully before long we will see some better news on this and one or two other small issues in Spark.

If any of you have any specific bugs you have found within Spark on the Amiko Alien 2 specifically then please send us a PM (private message only please - not in the open forum) and we can make sure these are relayed to the right people to take this on board, we can't ourselves make any promises on how quick things get resolved but we can for sure make sure the right people hear about them.

• There is more to this than a simple bug, but for sure it is still being worked on and looked at and will be released if and when there is more to offer - for now though there is no new news to give.

• I have updated my Spark (Amiko Alien2 box) to the latest version and it has the CrossEPG built in, but it isn't clear how to set it up. Do you have to input the data manually, if so what is the data for 28.2?

• Sort of got this working on my Amiko 8900 now on the Spark side.

Basically what I've done is to tell it to use the internal flash, but then renamed the directory in the plugins folder and created a soft link (ln -s) over to the real folder which is on the usb drive.
    You do need to copy the providers sub folder from the original folder over to the one on the usb.

Haven't tried a download, but it loaded the data that had downloaded on the enigma image fine - I dont see a reason why the download wouldn't work - was just a bit worried about causing problems for the enigma side. Will have a go and see if I can make more progress when I get some time.

Crossepg only gets you so far though - really need something like CoolTV ported over to spark - seeing the schedule for just a single channel isnt as usefull as a full grid view like we're familiar with from $ky/ freesat boxes. CoolTV works pretty well on the enigma side of things - would be nice to see it on spark.

Spark is simpler and more straight forward than enigma - but the lack of a decent epg is it's major failing at the moment for me.

• hi... i was trying to remove some hd channels... but by some stupid mistake i deleted all of them and now i have just radio channels left in my amiko Alien 2 :(
    i'm using spark. don't know what to do :( i also tried to update crossepg but not working at all ....
    please help...

thanks

• master G

Added the Label Spark Plugin

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!