Tutorial - Ubuntu Server x32/x64 - Automated Oscam only Install Package

There are 100 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 50,424 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Important notice:

I have just noticed this Auto installer has oscam r8916, This version of oscam has issues with EMM updates through CCcam Protocol.
    See this thread: Vide0guard unique EMM's Broken in oscam between range SVN 8830 & SVN 8961
    You can manually update oscam to latest version using this thread: Updating Oscam to latest SVN - Ubuntu & debian with Simplebuild
    I will update the included oscam version asap..

Automated Oscam only installer Script for Ubuntu Server x32/x64

Scripts Cleaned & Updated 2013-09-12

Code
    Updated oscam to latest #8916 at time of upload
    Included Simplebuild in the script so you can build your own oscam.
    Introduced Auto Detection for x86 or x64 OS, the script will now install the correct package based on OS Version (This should eradicate all the wrong version installs)
    Removed the need to edit the script, so its just a matter of copying the install pack to /tmp, chmod the script & run
    Automated Script even further so no user interaction is needed during the script!  (Start the script, have a cuppa and oscam is up & running within 5 mins)
    Added nightly backup to the script so all your cccam/oscam configs are backed up @ midnight
    Removed dummy reader from oscam.server (It was causing problems with latest versions of oscam)
    Cleaned all unnecessary junk from script.

What you will Need:

Tested & Working on:

Ubuntu Server 11.10 amd64 & x32
    Ubuntu Server 12.xx amd64 & x32
    Ubuntu Server 13.04 amd.64
    (I am sure it would work on older releases also if repositories are updated, I did not have time to test with 9,10 & 11.04)

1.. Any PC (Preferably form Pentium 4 up)
    2.. Ubuntu Server 12 or 13 (x86 /amd-64-Bit)
    3.. PuTTY
    4.. WinSCP
    5.. >>Updated<<2013-09-12 - oscam Ubuntu x32-x64.rar

I have modified & updated the original script written by Youknowwho (R.I.P).
    This Script installs OSCAM 1.20-unstable_svn build r8916 (Compiled with Smartreader Support)
    After final Reboot the oscam webif is up and running.
    If you have a previous setup, just copy all your oscam configs over and off you go!

Download install package & Extract the zip to your desktop

Copy OscamInstall.sh & oscam_install_package folder to tmp folder

chmod the Script with this command

Code
    chmod 755 /tmp/OscamInstall.sh

Run the Script with this command

Code
    /tmp/OscamInstall.sh

The Script reboots the machine.

When the Server boots up:
    You can check your oscam Webif page by typing your server ip & oscam webif port no. (192.168.*.*:8888) in the address bar of your browser.
    Username: admin
    Password: admin

Now all you have to do Is edit your oscam configs to suit your setup & card readers.

Good Luck & Enjoy

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

Edited 4 times, last by thatfellow: Update ().

• thx , works fine , but tell me , where i can switch off autometed restrart ??
    each day at 4 morning server restart , i dont need it , thx for your help

• You will have to log into server as root user & browse to /etc/crontab. Then edit this file to remove server reboot line. (but I would suggest changing it to weekly if daily is too much..) Your system will run far smoother with a clean boot every now and then..

Good luck m8

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• Official Post

not working for me mate im getting syntax error at the end

I noticed you posted the same error on another thread, basically all you are doing is extracting then replacing your current oscam binary file. If you are getting this error then you have not followed the steps posted as written.

• I noticed you posted the same error on another thread, basically all you are doing is extracting then replacing your current oscam binary file. If you are getting this error then you have not followed the steps posted as written.

followed them to a tee , pretty fool proof ..
    iv just gone to the oscam download centre and downloaded oscam-1.20-unstable_svn8006-i686-linux-gnu-libusb ... done this as when i log into putty i see this i686 in the corner ... any way now this does update but my reader dissapears and cant get it back m not even listen in readers

• home that does not work, I have several error (ubuntu 12 xx)
    But I followed your method
    unless I missed whatever thing (I'm a beginner in linux)
    I have two pc one with windows 7 and the other has ubuntu

I am connected with putty (my login and pass word)
    there are errors like:

any file or folder of this type
    command not found etc. etc.
    I think I'll ask someone who knows linux help me!
    But I want to make a server pc unless I return to dreambox 800 or vu + solo ²
    Grrrrrr!
    I apologize for the translation went through a translator

la terre est un livre ouvert

• ok got there j''
    but I need help with my config
    I have to put my port 8005 my user and my pass word in any file
    I see Oscam. cfg file that contains a line newcamd
    10000 @ 1F1F: 0000000? what should I do
    I was told to put my Caid?

Another question I can not find the Caid of canalsat antille
    I think it is 0100 009F or I have to place it or bring it into any file

and more I have a smargo reader Argolis 3
    your help will be welcome

• OSCAM 1.10rc-svn build 6481
    all internal client can connect but no external client can not connect
    (I have my dyndns account and my web server is already configured with the port server oscam pc, I already another server with Ferguson that works well outside customer)
    I have missed something
    need help
    there is there a good tutorial for this oscam?

• all things have been solved by myself, after many efforts and sweat
    your help was very very .............. valuable:fish slap: :confuse:

• Working perfect. Have a second card with jsc on it. Is it easy to add a second card to readers. Its onmikey. Do I just copy whats in reader1 and put same into reader2.

• Scripts Cleaned & Updated 2013-09-12

Code
    Updated oscam to latest #8916 at time of upload
    Included Simplebuild in the script so you can build your own oscam.
    Introduced Auto Detection for x86 or x64 OS, the script will now install the correct package based on OS Version (This should eradicate all the wrong version installs)
    Removed the need to edit the script, so its just a matter of copying the install pack to /tmp, chmod the script & run
    Automated Script even further so no user interaction is needed during the script!  (Start the script, have a cuppa and oscam is up & running within 5 mins)
    Added nightly backup to the script so all your cccam/oscam configs are backed up @ midnight
    Removed dummy reader from oscam.server (It was causing problems with latest versions of oscam)
    Cleaned all unnecessary garbage from script.

• Hello Thalfellow
    I installed your File "oscam Ubuntu x32-x64" in my mini PC with Ubuntu 12.04 32-bit and I must say I was surprised, because everything worked perfectly, without having had no problem, thanks for having made available the Institute work. I ask you, if you wanted to update only the oscam v. File this in your 8916 with new and updated versions having the WebIf both traditional and modern, as I proceed to have no problems on the file already installed?
    Thank you.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!