Tutorial - Ubuntu Server x32/x64 - Automated Oscam only Install Package

There are 100 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 50,498 times. The last Post () by master G.

• To upgrade oscam, use this tut..
    http://linuxsat-support.com/os…u-debian-simplebuild.html

If you used the latest oscam installer (Updated 2013-09-12) simplebuile is already installed..

Just type:

Code
    cd /opt/simplebuild
    ./simpleblild menu

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• Cheers for the tutorial have been having a play and updated my ubuntu server to lts 12.04 and now have run your update oscam all went fine .

Cheers

Jono

Regards

Jono

:wales::linuxsat3:
    Currently using VU+ Duo, VU+ Uno & DM800 all original don't do clones!

• Just curious is there any reason why this script reboots the complete server at 6.38am (sbin/reboot) whereas your script for Oscam+Cccam install only restarts the Oscam and CCcam processes ?

• Just curious is there any reason why this script reboots the complete server at 6.38am (sbin/reboot) whereas your script for Oscam+Cccam install only restarts the Oscam and CCcam processes ?

it will be in the crontab, in my opinion it is better to reboot the server completely rather than just restart Oscam.

each to there own however, if you want to just restart Oscam/CCcam just edit your crontab

Just curious is there any reason why this script reboots the complete server at 6.38am (sbin/reboot) whereas your script for Oscam+Cccam install only restarts the Oscam and CCcam processes ?

To be honest m8 I would prefer to have them both rebooting and starting fresh daily.
    On my own setup I have the daily reboot & I find oscam far more stable when all temp files are purged daily with a reboot.
    You can remove the reboot line from crontab as suggested by bren & all will be fine with the check script so Its completely up to you m8..

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• To be honest m8 I would prefer to have them both rebooting and starting fresh daily.
    On my own setup I have the daily reboot & I find oscam far more stable when all temp files are purged daily with a reboot.
    You can remove the reboot line from crontab as suggested by bren & all will be fine with the check script so Its completely up to you m8..

Thanks thatfellow ,I will stick with the daily reboot so.

• Hello Thalfellow
    I installed your file "oscam Ubuntu x32-x64" in my mini PC with Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit and I have to say I was surprised, because everything worked perfectly, thank you for making available your work. Now I want to install on the same PC and coupled with oscam already installed, the Multics, as possso procedre to have no problems on the files that are already installed? , There is a self-installing file with the relevant procedure.
    Thank you.

Hello Thalfellow
    I installed your file "oscam Ubuntu x32-x64" in my mini PC with Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit and I have to say I was surprised, because everything worked perfectly, thank you for making available your work. Now I want to install on the same PC and coupled with oscam already installed, the Multics, as possso procedre to have no problems on the files that are already installed? , There is a self-installing file with the relevant procedure.
    Thank you.

Thanks buddy & MultiCS auto install will install along side, & wont cause any side effects for oscam..

• vitoribeira
    Please Read the rules here
    Forum Rules

Then make an Introduction here as required by Rule <1> above
    Introductions

Make your own to suit, plenty of tuts on here depending on your cards, card readers, sub etc...
    Here is a good starting point...
    Oscam configs for all packages

If server & user files do not exist, go to the webif/files - oscam.server/oscam.user & populate the files with the correct reader/account settings & save then restart oscam..

• in use/local/ect/ make 2 folders, oscam1 & oscam2..
    Put configs for each in these folders
    In usr/local/bin put 2x oscam bin files, oscam1 & oscam2

Start them like this in rc.local:
    /usr/local/bin/oscam1 -b -c /usr/local/etc/oscam1 -t /usr/local/tmp.oscam1
    /usr/local/bin/oscam2 -b -c /usr/local/etc/oscam2 -t /usr/local/tmp.oscam2

Obviously you will need different webif port-no's & proto port-no's etc..

• I'm running a 12.04 LTS x64 setup with this script, got a message that current hardware support(HWE) is outdated. Just run "sudo apt-get install linux-generic-lts-trusty linux-image-generic-lts-trusty -y" and you have HWE until 2017.

Thnx for a great script

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!