Oscam information

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,219 times. The last Post () by ezferret.

• i have been using Oscam for 7-8 months now and its very hit/miss. So many great and versatile features and so much to change. Loads of info but I dont know what it means and a lot of the wiki seems like google english and could mean anything when you dont know what your doing.I do think the hyperlinks are good but again something lost in translation. Apart from this site which is best Ive found is there anywhere a roadmap for webif eg. under user section what do headers mean like "idle,ok,nok,ign,tout,cache " etc. i have come to terms with the mechanics of oscam like updating and use readers users etc and incorporating various scripts etc relatively easily with the help of excellent tutorials etc here
    if I'm honest I still dont what 90% of info provide in webif means and for sure i spend more time looking at it than I do watching TV. If someone can point me in direction of where or how to decipher all of this info I would greatly appreciate.

• Iame,

It probably easier bud to explain what problems you may be experiencing?

I don't think there is a Hands On Manual that will explain the ins and outs e.t.c bearing in mind its not corporate or money backed so to speak!

If you hover over the headings (idle, Ok e.t.c) you should see a caption of what they mean to answer that specific question!

But i haven't touched mine for months apart from restarting and updating certain files like whitelist for example (normally issues are flagged in forum when they need to be changed lol), i find if its doing what you wish then leave it and enjoy some TV or perhaps setup a few other experiments!

If you are experiencing problems post what they are and we will get you sorted!

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• Think what you need to do is decide what you want out of it before deciding what you need to know. Oscam has many features, but if you don't need them, then you can save that learning curve until you need to go there. There is no point learning to drive if you don't want to get a car!

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Well spotted ....I have to know how the car works before I drive it(even take it apart first). its a long standing problem.
    But the "hovering" is brilliant. i must have done that 1000 times but never for long enough. thanks

• If there is anything specific you want to know then ask the questions if you cannot find the answers elsewhere, what I was getting at is from my own knowledge of Oscam, CCcam and all else - there are gaps in my knowledge because for me I will decide what I want, and then try to find the tools and the functions in the tools to achieve my goal.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• I agree with this...
    but I also think a main part of the forum is to educate so members can improve and pass on their knowledge to newer members.
    If this is not done then the scene will not survive .
    I posted a very specific problem concerningan oscam server which I cant sort out and is "in process" ATM but dosent it seem to raise any response in the way of soiving it so I or any other member could
    I feel that if more was done to direct or show members how things worked then all would benefit
    BTW at the same time I must say that this forum is one of the best and is mostly responsible for me getting my server up and running (Thanx Ten Below)

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!