protest to weakly support of Vu plus Company.

There are 28 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,157 times. The last Post () by alian.

• I had a problem with my Vu Duo.It was "Stucking in Starting and did not flash anyway".
    I search in web and find out many users of this box have the same problem.(you can search to find)
    It seems that this stucking problem is for hardware or software fail in bootloader of the box.
    Many users and me send email to Vu plus company for Solution but after 1 year any Solution.
    I recommend to all they want to buy a box do not buy Vu Plus solo duo uno and ultimo because they
    have weak support in software and hardware and an accountable company with expencive boxes.

Send your mails to vu plus company for support request of such problems.
    www2.Vuplus.com

• alian - post an intro first - and use the forum to ask for help, not to rant, because ranting gets you nowhere. You can search the internet to find anything you want to find, for example, I just searched the net and found lots and lots of happy Vu+ users. I am a happy Vu+ user, who had a similar issue and reflashed the bootloader, used up to date images and all has been fine since. If you introduce yourself and explain your problem rather than in rant form then we will be happy to help. If not, then this thread will be gone before long.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Me wonders whether its a Clone or Not firstly!

Either way there isn't much we/these guys don't know or haven't come across with the Vu so get an Intro sorted and explain in more detail your problem?

Vu Rocks Baby!

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• musogeek You are right bat :
    1-If too many boxes of users of a Brand such as Vu plus replay similar Problem (RED LIGHT LED ON PANEL AND DO NOT READ USB NOR REFASHING FROM ANY PORTS)
    the company and supports must be aware that is a common error and must be somting wrong in H/W or Software (NOT to be quite).
    2- My box is completly genuine and this problem Occured for me several times after i upgrade my box with new Bootloader CFE 3.0 (Vu Duo) and each time i try near to 100-150 turn on and off and many types of USB pen drives for reflashing the box.(COM port do not work in this situaation).
    3- Now I request of this company and technical mans and supportes Help me to solve this problem. Is any genuine technical HELP ??? or ...

• A) We have sold thousands ( literally) of the DUO alone and have perhaps 2 or 3 back ever with genuine hardware faults, that is simply amazing reliability and there is not one other single brand we sell I can say that about, their reliability is second to none.

B) The problem you describe sounds like nothing to do with the boot loader, that is probably a coincidence, if I had to guess I would say the power supply is potentially your problem, but it is only a guess and would need more looking at to say for sure.

C) Your first point of contact for in warranty repair should be your place of purchase who should deal with this for you, after that the distributor in your region. If you are not getting help from either then I'm afraid to say you perhaps need to choose where you purchase more carefully, these are the dangers I try to warn others over who shop on price alone and look to save every last pound, in the end it does you no favours.

• Im going to try a different approach from that of my fellow hobbyists...

You have firstly come on a forum of supports and enthusiast, and disregarded their rules but not making an introduction, this is like a Man City fan sitting in Man Utd stand on derby day.

Lets look at other developers of front end technological/electrical equipment, Sony for example and the yellow light with the play station, Microsoft and the red light of death, these items I would think are used, by a lot more people than VU+ Boxes.

If you do feel very strongly that something should be done, then you are going about getting people 'onside' in the total wrong way, at least in my opinion.

I am not obligated, or connected to any particular brand, seller or retailer so any opinions given are not biased in anyway.
    Any information given is for hobby and research purposes only, and whilst every effort is made to ensure that all my responses are accurate, - Any action you may take based on my replies is done so at your own risk.
    Viewing Premium Channels or Media, without paying for them is illegal and if you do so, you do so at your own risk!

BpGgW.jpg

• The original post reminds me of The Ongoing Technomate saga -
    Where there really is an "issue" with support -
    Unfortunately the smear campaign hasn't affected them at all - And i doubt that sort of protest affects any Producer/wholesaler anyhowz -

There is some nice advice given already -
    Have a look for your nearest TV repair shop and ask them to take a look at it for you ¬

:rikjaard1:

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• Sat-Shop.co.uk
    You say that "We have sold thousands ( literally) of the DUO alone and have perhaps 2 or 3 back"
    but i say you that is not reason because this box is not an ordinary box (It is so expensive) thus many users may be with
    official Image and has no upgrade even has not install any HDD.
    What I say to you is:
    1- What error or problem might be in this box that is common in all faulty boxes in reflashing (RED LIGHT LED ON PANEL AND DO NOT READ USB NOR REFASHING FROM ANY PORTS) solve by changing type of usb or another type of usb formating (FAT / FAT32) ?
    2- If there was a real support (Such as error correction in Images) the company & technical support team must try to solve this problem and advise users and technicians for repair it.
    Again again this is my request of company & anyone related "Please help me and other users to solve this problem and make box alive"
    My guess is new bootloader CFE 3.0 has error or not much with H/W or S/W because after 1.5 year of good job this problems accured after i upgrade my box
    with new bootloader from Vu plus site.

Problem : My Box stucks in "Starting ..." Red LED in panel do not read any usb pen drive and do not accept ip for flashing from Serial port (rs232).I wonder what is this Problem (As i say in first post it reads Usb after several on/off and accept flashing.Some users that have such problem says(in web) they have replaced C807 on Motherboard and some others suggest other ways.
    is there any profisional software to flasing this box (no VuUtil) ?

Any suggestion ???

• If you care to re-read my post you will see I have already made a suggestion as to what I 'guess' the issue you have may be - but I can not say for sure. There is no issue with using the latest bootloader, that much I can say for sure given the hundreds we have had pass through our hands, and that's only us so I dare say there will be many dealers similar to us, if there was a problem we would have heard about this a long, long time before now, we've simply not had this issue - your problem to me does not suggest a bootloader issue but perhaps something that needs returning to a distributor for jtag, perhaps faulty power supply - I couldn't say for sure the same as anyone else until it was looked at in more detail, what I can say is VU+ hardware is the most reliable hardware we have ever seen.

Contact your supplier as first port of call, contact the regional distributor as the next level of support, there really is no more to be added to this - I don't doubt you have had the problem you have but I am really not sure what is to be gained by not contacting your supplier about this first of all and taking it from there.

• I am waiting for any support or technical advise for my vu duo box that stucks in STARTING as i say i past posts.
    My Box is genuine (Not Clone or ferrari) and i bought it 1.5 years ago (not have warranty).
    I checked all PSU port Voltage and were correct all.
    It not responce any usb port or com port to flashing.
    I tried programs such as vuutil and putty for flashing it from com port but any result.
    I find out that many boxes that works for more than 1 year are same problem. i send my problem to Vu Plus company but they
    did not any answer.
    Please tell me what i do to make my box alive (I bought it so expensive i can not throw it to trash).
    Here i paste Putty log of com port of the box for any technichal advise.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BCM73350010
    Shmoo Version=1.9

MEMC-00000000 RW=00000010 WW=0000004D G=00000001 R=00000008 W=00000014
    MEMC-00000001 RW=00000011 WW=00000051 G=00000001 R=00000008 W=00000006 #$
    COPY CODE
    A567

BCM97335B0 CFE v2.17, CFE core v2.12, Endian Mode: Little
    Build Date: Thu Sep 29 12:01:32 2011 (shcheong@ncsh)
    Copyright (C) Broadcom Corporation.

writing vfd

DDR Freq: 395MHz
    CPU speed: 405MHz
    Memory Config: 32+16 non-UMA
    Device Tech: 1Gb
    Total memory: 384MB
    Boot Device: NAND
    ECC: Hamming
    Total flash: 128MB

Initializing USB.
    **Exception 32: EPC=8701D8E8, Cause=0000801C, VAddr=00000000
    RA=8701DB28, PRID=0002A044

0 ($00) = 00000000 AT ($01) = B0480000
    v0 ($02) = 00000000 v1 ($03) = 87020000
    a0 ($04) = B0480400 a1 ($05) = 87040000
    a2 ($06) = B0480390 a3 ($07) = 00000000
    t0 ($08) = 00000043 t1 ($09) = 00000055
    t2 ($10) = 00000046 t3 ($11) = 87069570
    t4 ($12) = 00000001 t5 ($13) = 870470E8
    t6 ($14) = 00000000 t7 ($15) = 07600000
    s0 ($16) = 8701D8CC s1 ($17) = B0480400
    s2 ($18) = 8700A4B8 s3 ($19) = 38C00000
    s4 ($20) = 00008000 s5 ($21) = 00000040
    s6 ($22) = 00010000 s7 ($23) = 00000040
    t8 ($24) = 00000000 t9 ($25) = 870471F4
    k0 ($26) = 00000000 k1 ($27) = 00000000
    gp ($28) = 8704E210 sp ($29) = 87148768
    fp ($30) = BFC00AA0 ra ($31) = 8701DB28

*** Waiting for system reset ***

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• and a Introduction wouldn't go a miss in return for some help Please buddy, considering Musogeek has already mentioned it!

I've added the link to make it easier!

Introductions

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• your log from putty shows that firstly, and most importantly, the COM port IS working, it also shows that it tries to initialise a USB port.

disconnect everything that doesnt need to be connected to update the firmware, dish(es), hdmi, scarts, rear USB devices, and, any internal hard drives, and try it again, it 'sounds' like hardware failure on the power supply, which if you are handy with a soldering iron, you could probably repair for pennys (today i repaired a £900 LG TV that was completley dead, for £1.36 worth of parts and 15 mins with an iron)

the members of the forum are all enthusiasts, who like to help people get the best from their equipment, if you can post details like in your last post, and follow any suggestions offered to you, then you will probably find that you can fix your receiver, no matter hod badly damaged you may think that it is

• your log from putty shows that firstly, and most importantly, the COM port IS working, it also shows that it tries to initialise a USB port.

disconnect everything that doesnt need to be connected to update the firmware, dish(es), hdmi, scarts, rear USB devices, and, any internal hard drives, and try it again, it 'sounds' like hardware failure on the power supply, which if you are handy with a soldering iron, you could probably repair for pennys (today i repaired a £900 LG TV that was completley dead, for £1.36 worth of parts and 15 mins with an iron)

the members of the forum are all enthusiasts, who like to help people get the best from their equipment, if you can post details like in your last post, and follow any suggestions offered to you, then you will probably find that you can fix your receiver, no matter hod badly damaged you may think that it is

I had done all works you say and as you know all output voltages of power supply is written on its board. I measured them and all is OK.
    NIC is ok but do not accept ip from Vu Utility program such it can not comunicate with PC.
    HDD voltage is ok.
    VFD is ok and show "starting & RED led"
    RED led on panel responce to remote and change its color.

That's All.

• I had done all works you say and as you know all output voltages of power supply is written on its board. I measured them and all is OK.
    NIC is ok but do not accept ip from Vu Utility program such it can not comunicate with PC.
    HDD voltage is ok.
    VFD is ok and show "starting & RED led"
    RED led on panel responce to remote and change its color.

That's All.

the outputs of the power supply will be fine, untill they are put under load. its possible to send the image via putty, but, this will be a SLOWWWWW process, and does have the capability to completley damage your receiver beyond all form of software recovery.

disconnect EVERYTHING, including the internal HDD, TV, dishes, rear USB, everything, so that all that is connected is the power lead, ethernet lead, and serial lead

or, with everything else disconnected, try a microSD card in a mini USB adaptor for USB flashing, try flashing only a bootloader first

VU+ UNO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!