Start from fresh

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 510 times. The last Post () by rangers19873.

• Hi,

Can anyone give advice on how to start from fresh. I have followed so many tuts and installed so many files and wasted many of days (well not wasted has been educational :-) )

Anyway, i want to restart again. Ubuntu and open to suggestions as to whether use Oscam, CCcam... etc and whats the lastest version to use. I was on the the streamboard looking for latest but my German is non existent.

I also have a sly irish card and sly uk that I want to use with 2 omnikeys. Server is raid and usb devices show as bus etc.

The recievers are capable of CCcam and MGcamd.

Any suggestions and comand to put in terminal to take ubuntu back to factory settings.

Thanks in advance

• I have messed up so often and did not even know Linux a week ago. I installed ubuntu server 4 times in a week. It did wind me up but tbh I did a fresh install every time and started from scratch. Now I can get it installed and ready for the config files in about an hour. This includes changing webif port and installing dyndns etc. it's worth it just to familiarise yourself with it. I just popped in the ubuntu server cd in and let it do its thing. I'm still learning so hope this helps.

My setup is different to yours but what I can tell you is if you look at my previous threads it states what tut I followed and even the omnikey works after following the tut. I did not have to configure it.

• ubuntu back to factory settings?????how do you mean??
    streamboard is in English too
    just install ubuntu 12.04 or debian and follow instructions you have min. 50 tutorials only on this site

• The easiest way to start from fresh, is as solo1 says, by inserting the ubuntu disc, and formatting during installation.
    Using two omnikeys shouldn't be a problem? I would start by using pcsc as the protocal, and set the devices as /dev/ttyUSB0 and /dev/ttyUSB1 in your oscam.server config. There are several tutorials for setting up the omnikeys, which I found a little unclear. Post back here if you have a problem?
    If you have followed the installs from this site, oscam is installed already. All you have to do then, is set the config file for which other protocols you'd like to support. If it is cccam, set the config, and then set your CCcam.cfg file to share as you want. CCam connects to oscam, and then can be set to reshare etc.

• if you are sharing friends and family and trust them, i have found that latest oscam with CCcam protocol works a treat, very easy to manage and stable, can add nice little touchs to the webif, like picons, custom skins etc.

• I put disc in and it ran through setup but when reboot and removed disc it just went back to insert bootable disc. Done this several times and was going off my nut :-) I eventually turned of raid in bios settings and that allowed me to install.

What happens now is that server will work until 4am auto script that reboots and then it does not find the 2 omnikeys and will not connect. If I reboot about 5 or 6 times it eventually finds both readers and starts to work again. It seems to be the same pattern. I have hit a brick wall. No one seems to be able to help :-(

If anyone has had this problem or knows of solution please let me know. Many thanks

• Official Post

What happens now is that server will work until 4am auto script that reboots and then it does not find the 2 omnikeys and will not connect.

You will have a cron setup to stop/start oscam & CCcam, look in /etc/crontab..You will see something like below;

These highlighted entries are whats causing the problem, remove them from the cron..

• Just a thought, I tried installing a couple of times when I had problems, and got the exact same problem as you. The server rebooted, and wouldn't find the readers. It turned out, that the multiple installs had duplicated those commands in the cron tab that masterg has pointed out.

• Didn't even see this reply :-( I will try as Ten has said same on another thread lol. I think this is good and will work but masking the problem. My gut instinct is there is a problem with nano /etc/opensc/opensc.conf ? in this I have provider_library = /lib/libpcsclite.so.1 as directed to do in 1 of the tuts. When I look at my directory and go into /lib/ there is no /lib/libpcsclite.so.1 could this be the problem? Further when I was looking at /etc/rc.local as per Ten I noticed a file called reader.conf.d so had a look in there and it says

# Gemalto reader with serial communication
    # - n is the serial port to use n in [0..3]
    # - reader is the reader name. It is needed for multi-slot readers.
    # Possible reader values are: GemPCPinPad, GemCorePOSPro, GemCoreSIMPro,
    # GemPCTwin (default value)
    # example: /dev/ttyS0:GemPCPinPad
    #FRIENDLYNAME "GemPCTwin serial"
    #DEVICENAME /dev/ttySn[:reader]
    #LIBPATH /usr/lib/pcsc/drivers/serial/libccidtwin.so
    #CHANNELID n

This made me have a look at /usr/lib and I can see files libopensc.so, libopensc.so.3, libopensc.so.3.0.0 but there is no libpcsclite?

Do you reckon this is the cause?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!