CrossEPG on Vu+ Duo2 Vix Image Not Working. HELP Please!!

There are 26 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 9,474 times. The last Post () by bottleandahalf.

• Hi ALL, I have a Vu+ Duo2 on

Vix Image Version 3.0
    Build 808
    Kernel 3.3.8
    1TB HDD Mounted

For as long as I have had this box, I have never quite got the CrossEPG to work Flawlessly by itself for more than 2 weeks straight. There was a time I managed to update and have the whole 7days...but after an update I losts all EPG, and now get only Now and Next EPG.

I have read and re-read the "How to setup CrossEPG" PDF a hundred times. Deleted and re-installed CrossEPG and gone through the settings again and again, but to no joy. Now am asking for help. Please can someone advise me step by step where am going wrong...
    Included is all the Screenshots, I have on EPG ...maybe you might notice my silly mistake....

Thanks in advance..
    e5ea7e5cbc0e7597c843.jpgac1da76106fd9dab23cdc6b20.jpgf72cfffeeee7b02c.jpg9e3ec82c8f273c9e8f.jpg88a62f79b.jpga8943128.jpg8e080.jpgc0accbe4e92a4dc3.jpg189c29b13a.jpg1249e0102bd96a68.jpg1249e0102bd96a68.jpg

• Guys...trust me I have tried it all and read and done everything on the above PDF enough times but still to no avail.

Dealing with boxes has never been an issue for me...but the crossepg....is proving to be difficult...hence the screenshots...so that you see my settings.

• By the way Quick Question ...when ur box is updating EPG does it change channel to a Radio Station? Coz mine doesn't stays on the same channel I was watching. Even though I have a twin tuner.

Is that right, on the PDF it says it should change to a Radio Station to update the EPG??? Maybe that's why it wont update? And yest both tuners are on 28.2

• Using ViX no it doesn't change to a radio station... just stays on whatever channel i'm viewing at the time...

Only time I seen that happen was when using Blackhole.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Official Post

Have you tried to delete the existing epg.dat, if not I sugegst you do. As you may be aware, epg data resides in RAM and is written to storage device when shutting down. If you are going to delete epg.dat, first put enigma to sleep with telnet command

Code
    init 4

Disable Rytec. Why use data on a server when you can use data on the satellite.
    Why are you using csv import?

• Guys thanks for all your support..managed to Telnet and delete epg.dat file on /media/hdd as well as one I saw in /etc/enigma2...then ran the CrossEPG, but still No Luck. Even after uninstalling and installing CrossEPG

I re-installed Vix Image again afresh, when through the settings, and this time set up again according to the guide posted above on the pdf.....same issue..not populating epg for 7days. BUT...I have 7day EPG for FreeSAT channels but not pay channels like Sly 1.

So there u have it..3am and nowhere closer to the resolution.
    Any ideas....

• Are you sure your channel list is up to date?

I reinstalled Vix Image and when I did I rescanned the Astray 28.2 and said clear before scanning....then loaded my own saved Bouquets style...but still nothing.

Am sure there is a very simple solution to this, I but, am not getting this. Only question is, is Auto Bouquets Maker a must, inorder for CrossEPG to work? From the Setup guide its the only thing I don't have installed. Cox I like my Sly Bouquets style....could this be an issue...

Edited once, last by Kenyan ().

• I reinstalled Vix Image and when I did I rescanned the Astray 28.2 and said clear before scanning....then loaded my own saved Bouquets style...but still nothing.

Am sure there is a very simple solution to this, I but, am not getting this. Only question is, is Auto Bouquets Maker a must, inorder for CrossEPG to work? From the Setup guide its the only thing I don't have installed. Cox I like my Sly Bouquets style....could this be an issue...

Autobouquets maker is not a must for crossepg to work buddy, and it is already installed in the ViX image as standard.....

menu/setup/service searching/autobouquetsmaker

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Official Post

I reinstalled Vix Image and when I did I rescanned the Astray 28.2 and said clear before scanning....then loaded my own saved Bouquets style...but still nothing.

When you transfer your own bouquets back, you replace the channels that you had scanned. You should transfer your bouquets and then scan. Afterwards sort your bouquets by replacing dead channels.

As above ABM is not a must, having valid channels is.

• hänge mich mal hier mit rein , habe zwar kein vix Image, sondern black hole 2.0.8.1 auf solo2 und duo2 amm laufen aber zur zeit geht es garnicht mehr hatte vorher noch nie Probleme mit crossepg gehabt , aber nun geht Garnichts mehr, haben die dort ihr Service ein gestellt oder liegt der fehler wo anders
    danke im vorraus
    gruß

• hänge mich mal hier mit rein , habe zwar kein vix Image, sondern black hole 2.0.8.1 auf solo2 und duo2 amm laufen aber zur zeit geht es garnicht mehr hatte vorher noch nie Probleme mit crossepg gehabt , aber nun geht Garnichts mehr, haben die dort ihr Service ein gestellt oder liegt der fehler wo anders
    danke im vorraus
    gruß

hang myself to talk with pure, although have no vix image, but black hole but 2.0.8.1 on Solo2 and duo2 amm running at the time it is not at all more had never had problems with crossepg, but now Nothing at all is more, have there their service provided or where the error is different
    Thanks in advance
    greeting

This is a English only forum buddy, please use the google translate in the forum when posting. Thank-you

fI7WHhv.png

• warhead1999 - My CCline is active as am able to watch all channels, free as well as paid like all Sly Channels. So am sure its live and working as it should.

abu baniaz - I don't have any dead channels, and all channels HD and normal are working ok....And thanks for the info on the AutoBouquetsMaker, didn't want to use it from the get go...as it adds bouquets to my well designed Bouquet, so am happy that you've said it's not a must.

Ten Below - I have also killed enigma and deleted my EPG.dat file which is in my HDD </media/hdd>, where I have set epg to store data, not sure if there is another location for the epg.dat file....please let me know...

• Right, after the weekend and very many hours if troubleshooting and all kinds of uninstalling and re-installing image (vix image 3.0) as well as plugins (crossepg) and everything under the sun. With the generous help of abu baniaz and I troubleshooted the tuner image and stripped it to the bare minimum...after 2hrs we came to the realization that my CrossEPG was not working becoz, during setup I Automatically picked Astra 28.2E and not Manually Added them for my 2 Tuners.

Trust me that sounds weid and had to believe, but with the troubleshooting, and disabling 1 Tuner after another. As well as Manually choosing Satellite and not Automatically, it FINALLY WORKED. Thank God for that..and has since worked everynight at 4am.

Thank you abu baniaz for all the help...much appreciated...Cheers.:78::36_002::thumbsup:

• Hi Guys, I've been following this thread with interest because, I've got a VU+ UNO twin tuner, I updated to VIX 3.0 Build 808 and changed my cam to MGcam 1.35a a couple of weeks ago. Since then you guessed it, 7 day EPG on FTA only. I know that these boxes are not Plug-N-Play but at times they can be frustrating! Guys if you have the time could you give me a step by step guide as to what I need to do to get a full EPG.

• I also have a VU Duo running VIX 8.0.8 and lost my EPG.

Thank You Kenyan I followed your advice and went into tuner config and shut down my second tuner, ran cross epg downloader and my channels are all back on epg.

Defeats the purpose of a twin tuner tho!!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!