Autobouquets Help

There are 47 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 8,512 times. The last Post () by SatelliteJunkie.

• No I haven't applied a swap. What is that exactly?

Do you know what time of day a channel number usually changes?

What actually happens if a channel number changes and I've set a recording for a channel? Will it just record a different channel due to the numbers changing?

I usually look at my bouquet before noon every day and set timers for shows I want to record. Is there any way to be informed of when the channel numbers change so I don't end up recording the wrong channel?

Just to clarify will I need to setup the Scheduled Update Scan or does autobouquets update the bouquets automatically anyway?

• Official Post

Have a look at the swap.txt file
    101=141
    103=178
    104=230
    105=171

If activated, when you press 101 you will get 141. When you press 103 you will get 178 and so forth. If I remember correctly, the deafult one has 102 =142, before BBC2 was HD by default. This line would need to be deleted. Northetrn Ireland users would need to edit theirs too. You cannot swap channels between 1-100. Lraizer has reserved these for something else.

Channel numbers won't change regulalry. Only when something stops/starts broadcasting or a major reshuffle happens.

Your recordings are based on the service, not channel. Sorry don't know too much on this, but your EPG data needs to be up to date. Have a look at the crossepg section. You should automate this too. After AB runs.

Sheduled update scan = NO, Autobouquets will not update your chanenls/bouquets automatcally.
    Sheduled update scan = YES, Autobouquets will automatically update your chanenls/bouquets based on your selection. (picon symlinks too if enabled)

I don't know what time teh chanenl changes happen. But would imageine at the time that fewest people would be affected. Any time after 06:15 will be fine.

• OK everything was working and yesterday I programmed autobouquets to update every day at 6.20AM. At noon today I was trying to change channels and noticed that it wouldn't change channels. I then looked at the bouquets and noticed that all the autobouquets were gone! The only thing that was left was my own bouquet (nothing to do with autobouquets) that I created but all the channels were greyed out.

I then pressed Start to downloaded the autobouquets again and the autobouquets came back again along with my custom sort list in the Enterainment bouquet however my own bouquet (nothing to do with autobouquets) was gone.

That's very worrying! Has that happened to you and how can I prevent that from happening. I thought the whole point of autobouquets was that it's prevents you from losing a picture, this is worse than losing a frequency on 1 channel as now I've lost all my channels!

• OK everything was working and yesterday I programmed autobouquets to update every day at 6.20AM. At noon today I was trying to change channels and noticed that it wouldn't change channels. I then looked at the bouquets and noticed that all the autobouquets were gone! The only thing that was left was my own bouquet (nothing to do with autobouquets) that I created but all the channels were greyed out.

I then pressed Start to downloaded the autobouquets again and the autobouquets came back again along with my custom sort list in the Enterainment bouquet however my own bouquet (nothing to do with autobouquets) was gone.

That's very worrying! Has that happened to you and how can I prevent that from happening.

• you must set it up as expert and keep all bouquets to keep your own list , that way it wont be wiped out I do similar i load catseyes the run abm and have both lists with *** Scotland in the front as said previously it you want custom lists be prepared to maintain them , it s easier to remember where the channels you watch are

• I'm not really bothered if my custom bouquet (nothing to do with autobouquets) disappears - is that what you were talking about that I have to maintain?. What I am bothered about is the autobouqets disappearing. I clicked start and I got all the autobouquets again along with my custom sort list. I just want to prevent the autobouquets from disappearing.

What settings do I need to change? I didn't see an expert setting in autobouquets. What do you mean keep all bouquets to keep my own list - how do I do that?

What do you mean have both lists with Sly Scotland in the front? Does it matter if I set the "Local Area Selection" to my area as I want BBC1 not BBC1 Scotland.

I thought the whole point of autobouquets was that the channels are maintained automatically?

• Please tell me what to do to get this working. I've got stuff I wanted to record today, I don't want the recordings to fail because the bouquets disappear again.

I'm already on Expert here if that's what you're referring to: Menu > Setup > System > Customize.

• Please tell me what to do to get this working. I've got stuff I wanted to record today, I don't want the recordings to fail because the bouquets disappear again.

I'm already on Expert here if that's what you're referring to: Menu > Setup > System > Customize.

No buddy im talking about this in the setting up of auto bouquets

for vix but itll give you the idea

Edited 2 times, last by stevejo ().

• How do I check that? Are you talking about the onboard flash? I only have a few plugins installed so surely that can't be the problem?

I used the custom sort file to add a bunch of channels to the top of the Entertainment autobouquet. Was I supposed to delete their original places in the list? I didn't do that - just wondering if that's what caused the bouquets to disappear.

Does the AutoBouquetsMaker allow you to change the order of channels with a swap file? If so, I'll try that if I can find an ipk.

• Official Post

SatelliteJunkie, sorry mate slipped my mind. There were a few extra lines added to the script file in case of errors. Please replace your existing one.

• Thanks mate. I've done that now. Will that stop my bouquets disappearing then when autobouquets updates in the morning? What kind of errors would cause the bouquets to disappear?

I used the custom sort file to add a bunch of channels to the top of the Entertainment autobouquet as we discussed before. Was I supposed to delete their original places in the list or does it not matter?

• Also just wondering if that updated file you gave me will stop my own bouquet (nothing to do with Autobouquets) from disappearing when Autobouquets downloads an update.

Keep a copy of your own personal bouquet in a safe place just in case...
    Don´t use abm myself so can´t help you with that but I do remember reading that it didn´t maintain the catseye settings in place.

• Keep a copy of your own personal bouquet in a safe place just in case...
    Don´t use abm myself so can´t help you with that but I do remember reading that it didn´t maintain the catseye settings in place.

How do I backup & restore just my bouquets and nothing else?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!