cccam - just the basic's - please....

There are 38 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 7,818 times. The last Post () by newtolinux.

• Hi to all.

Ive posted in the welcome bit..... so here we go...

most of the posts ive seen are with regards to setting up routers (which ive got no problem with...but) i just dont need all of that - all i want to do is use my vu in my living room to share to another dreambox 600 in my own house.....so all i need is a simple client server set up...

I have a vu+ duo with VIX 2.2 on - cccam is installed and running and a blank config file is sitting there - same on the Dreambox. for the life of me i cant see the first and most obvious answer to the question i need to get me started - where does the c line go and where does the f line go....i take this is a client server type thing/arrangment

I did start to read one of the tutorials but it made no sense, in one part the guy says you need all of this:

SERVER LISTEN PORT : 12000
    ALLOW TELNETINFO: yes
    ALLOW WEBINFO: yes
    WEBINFO USERNAME : yourchoice
    WEBINFO PASSWORD : yourchoice
    TELNETINFO USERNAME : yourchoice
    TELNETINFO PASSWORD : yourchoice
    TELNETINFO LISTEN PORT : 16000
    WEBINFO LISTEN PORT : 16001
    ZAP OSD TIME : 3
    #OSD USERNAME : yourchoice
    #OSD PASSWORD : yourchoice
    OSD PORT : 80
    SHOW TIMING : yes
    DEBUG : no
    NEWCAMD CONF : no
    DISABLE EMM : no
    EXTRA EMM LEVEL : no
    MINI OSD : yes
    SOFTKEY FILE : /var/keys/SoftCam.Key
    AUTOROLL FILE : /var/keys/AutoRoll.Key
    STATIC CW FILE : /var/keys/constant.cw
    CAID PRIO FILE : /var/etc/CCcam.prio
    PROVIDERINFO FILE : /var/etc/CCcam.providers
    CHANNELINFO FILE : /var/etc/CCcam.channelinfo
    EMM THREADS : 1
    #MINIMUM DOWNHOPS: 1
    #LOG WARNINGS : /tmp/warnings.txt

You can disable/enable any of these by adding/removing #

And then says this....

A simple Fline looks like this.

F: linuxsat 10Bel0w

so what do i need - all of the above or not.....aaannnndd which does this go on - the DB or the VU.....totally confused....spent hours on this already and im no further....

id really appreciate if someone could go through the absolute basics....thanks to anyone that chips in....

Comfy

• By the way - to any admins - i tried to donate a tenner to become a vip but the link takes me to something about using smiley's....so if you can fix that ill happily pony-up as i appreciate help in whatever form it comes in....

• if you are using your vu as your master box . i.e master cccam server then this box would contain the f line you have setup for your dreambox .

In your dreambox you would have only a c line which would point to the local ip address of your vu with port your are using for cccam server and then user details.

for example in your dreambox

C: 192.168.1.2 12000 test test

thats it !!!!!

&

in your vu u must create a f line like this

F: test test

regards

new2

Dont forget to hit the thanks button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:41_002:

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• Hi Comysofa,
    like you I am a newbie but have got past your hurdle. I am using three dreamboxes and I used a great tut that puts it in laymans terms. Cant remember where it was now but I have it as a word doc. I will paste it in here... Its long but is a really good un....Oh I assume u r only internal sharing ie using ur own sly card. Below is the relevant bit u need this talks about dreambox but it covers the c and f lines quite good. u also need ur boxkey. I assume u have that bit sorted................

if your using your own *** card and want to enter in your *** box boxkey in to cccam follow the instructions above to open cccam.cfg and scroll down to line 317 , the first thing as always is to delete the # symbol , now you will see BOXKEY:/dev/sci0 11 22 33 44 (where you see the boxkey example 11 22 33 44 edit this and enter your boxkey , as above click on file and click on exit and save and reboot your dreambox . now you can view all of your paid for channels including all sports and movies channels . i can only fit in so much in one post and so this tutorial will be over 3 to 4 posts . so in my next post i will talk about how to share your paid for *** card to a second box in your own home (this is called internal sharing )and how to share your paid for card with family or friends in their homes (this is called external sharing ) i will talk also about c lines and f lines ,and i hope at the end you will successfully card sharing . remember that on the whole the information in this tutorial can be used on nearly all models of dreambox not just a dm500s .

ok cardsharing in your own home (internal card sharing ) first you need to follow all the instructions in post 1 above to get your second box flashed setup and connected to your router ,now you have box 1 with your paid for *** card in it (this is called the server ) and you have box 2 in another room (this is called the client) you will need to put your server box c line in to cccam.cfg in the client box . how do i know what my c line is you ask ? , a c line is a line of information and the information in it consists of the server box ip address ,the default port which is 12000 , and a user name and password (of your choosing) example if your server box ip is 192.168.0.100 and you want to share your card to box 2 in your bedroom your c line would look like this C:192.168.0.100 12000 share1 bedroom ,your server box ip starts the line ,the default port for cs is 12000 and share1 is the user name and bedroom is the password ,again you can choose any user name and password . to find out what your server box ip address is press menu on your remote ,press 6 (setup) and open expert settings ,then open communication setup and you will find the ip of your box . so box 2 is setup and connected to your router and ready to go so open cccam.cfg and type in your c line as i explained in the last paragraph in post 1 ,then save and exit and reboot your box ,now your client box is ready to go but it still wont recieve the *** channels from the server box ,this is because the server box must have an f line . an f line for internal sharing only needs to be simple ,it only needs to contain the same user name and password that you used in the c line ,example F: share1 bedroom thats all you need , so in the server box open cccam.cfg as i explained above and scroll down to line number 24 and delete the # symbol as always and type F: and the user name and password you have chosen , dont forget the user name and password in the f line must be the same as those in the c line . save and exit and reboot your box ,you should now be successfully sharing your card to box 2 ,of course you can add box3 and 4 if you like just follow all of the instructions above .

PS dont use port 12000 (default) use summat like 16680 or make up ur own

• Official Post

By the way - to any admins - i tried to donate a tenner to become a vip but the link takes me to something about using smiley's....so if you can fix that ill happily pony-up as i appreciate help in whatever form it comes in....

Not sure what link you were clicking but if you click HERE it will bring you to the correct donation link.

• Wow - thanks for all the replies.....im at work at the moment so ill have to digest....

firstly - yes youre right - i have my own paid for card.

second - im only on the minimum channel package -my card is working in my vu at the moment and i havent done the boxkey stuff....so - do i need to do all of that....?

ill carry on reading - but ive gotta confess im getting confused already....im the worst person in the world to teach....

• ok - another question.....say i set my port number to 16456 - on the client machine DB600 i put in the cline 16456 - now where on the vu do i change that value as it must know that traffic is coming in on that port....another thing is im on vix 2.2 i gather this is running cccam server (2.2.1) in the menu option there is server config stuff so i guess its set up as....although i was playing around with that last night and couldnt get anything out of pissing around with the remote....nothing....

• just continuing from that - on my vu in the ccam info theres a shed-load of menus relating to servers, active clients, clients...etc etc....does something in there have to be configured - after all it is the server????

• Ok - so does that mean that i dont have to do anything in there - the F line insert will just fire that all up into life....

Oh - the link worked (probably my browser playing up earlier on) - im now a VIP

many thanks for all the help although i expect to fall flat on my face when i get home and none of it works....i just remoted into home and set both of the cccam.cfg files...

so - on my DB i have and empty file with just one line in..... c: 192.168.0.xxx 16xxx test test

and on my vu i have F: test test

And thats all i need...?

• Well, let's see when i get home - not holding my breath as stuff like this never works for me....thanks very much for the help by the way - quick response - i didnt think id hear anything back....

• Well, let's see when i get home - not holding my breath as stuff like this never works for me....thanks very much for the help by the way - quick response - i didnt think id hear anything back....

Thanks, we don't like to keep members hanging around waiting...

Vu+ Solo, VIX 1.2 with CCcam2.2.1 - 1.2 Mtr Fibo gregorian, (53E - 58W). A couple of DM800's and a DM500 on a fixed 60cm dish

• heh - thanks...home now and it doesnt work...just out of curiosity - is the config file name case sensitive...and if so what should it be accurately called...?

• I reckon the best way to thank is to share your experience with the next user in need ;)
    Glad to hear you got it going and the best part :::: you did it all by yourself following instructions ;)
    welcome aboard ;) caz

• hey....now im off the starting blocks.....can i share another card from the second slot on the VU?? i have a freeview card which i pay for as well....the vu has a terrestrial usb tuner plugged in....again...cant say thanks enough...

• Official Post

hey....now im off the starting blocks.....can i share another card from the second slot on the VU?? i have a freeview card which i pay for as well....the vu has a terrestrial usb tuner plugged in....again...cant say thanks enough...

Yes you can mate it just a case off adding the reader path to the cfg e.g
    SERIAL READER : /dev/sci0
    or
    SERIAL READER : /dev/sci1 depending which is already in use.

CCcam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for CCcam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!