SlyUK Anti-CS measures switching off HD Channels

There are 586 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 94,605 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• The story so far:

2710 : ITV Encore HD
    0F15 : Sly One HD
    0F19 : Sly1 HD
    0F17 : Sly Arts 1 HD
    0F4A : Sly Arts 2 HD
    0F0D : Sly Atlantic HD
    0F1A : Sly Living HD
    0F47 : Sly Showcase HD
    0EED : Sly Movies Premiere HD
    0EE7 : Sly Modern Greats HD
    0F3C : Sly Disney HD
    0EEA : Sly Family HD
    0EE6 : Sly Action HD
    0EEB : Sly Comedy HD
    0F16 : Sly Thriller HD
    0EE8 : Sly Drama HD
    0EE9 : Sly Scifi/Horror HD
    0F3D : Sly Select HD UK
    0EEE : Sly Sports HD 3
    0EF0 : Sly Sports 3 HD
    0EF2 : Sly Sports HD 4
    0EF3 : Sly Sports 4 HD
    0F4D : Sly Sp NewsHD
    0FC3 : Sly Sports News HD
    0FC4 : Sly Sports News HD
    0EFB : Sly Sports F1 HD
    0EFC : Sly Spts F1 HD
    0EF8 : National Geographic HD UK
    0F2D : NatGeo Wild HD
    0F2E : History HD
    0F30 : Crime HD

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

Edited 2 times, last by thatfellow ().

• some have prob read another forum someone has stated they have HD miovies working again, and will release in 3-5 days, all from a xml file??? ........ ill eat my words if and a big IF it is true and working

this is not jokes section but must admit very funny

The Thomson boxes will also permanently loose the HD channels which use the new pairing mechanism. So subscription customers with one of these boxes will need to be prompted to phone *** and arrange for a free replacement.
    ***'s also started displaying an on screen message regularly on the old Thomson HD boxes prompting them to phone *** for a replacement.

Can someone please post a pic of this on screen message and maybe give us an idea of how regularly it pops up..

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

im sure if you do a full scan you may well see it, as im sure itll be a data stream? maybe wrong but i have found loads of interesting named channels as of late

I check all streams regularly & no sign of it, I was thinking it was built into the last firmware update..

• I check all streams regularly & no sign of it, I was thinking it was built into the last firmware update..

Mine started doing this back in early december and was popping up every 15 mins or so. It stopped just before xmas which I presumed they had turned it off to avoid getting complaints over xmas period since it was quiet annoying. I have never seen the message again though.....

Mine started doing this back in early december and was popping up every 15 mins or so. It stopped just before xmas which I presumed they had turned it off to avoid getting complaints over xmas period since it was quiet annoying.

Did the message take over the screen like part of the sly menu or was it a just a pop-up text type?
    Also, how long did it display before going?

I have never seen the message again though.....

Are you still using your card in Thomson box?

• i dont know if anyone has seen the new sports5 HD and SD chns

sly sports 5 HD and SD channels are on the epg
    now testing and it launches august the 12th:
    and both channels can be found with a scan

sports HD 12460-h-29500-3/4

sports SD 11.914-h-27500-2/3

and guess what the hd channel is blocked even
    on the preview, i did'nt see this chn added to the blocked list.

• was receiving all sly hd and sd channels until a few days ago now i can't get any hd channels sd still works ok tho

if they can do it to hd channels why not sd?

Edited once, last by colt45 ().

• If you read up on this you will find it is going to cost too much to stop sd channels.It may well happen but not for a while because there are too many s** customers that have still got sd boxes.Unless S** give everyone free HD then it is going to carry on for the imminent future.

• If you can't work out now what sly are doing let me tell you. All SD Channels will go soon aswell they are going HD only, that's why they are knocking one by one channels off " testing the water for cs to see what happens" also they only do HD boxes was told by a very good source sly will be HD only channels by the end of the year they where hoping for the end of last year.

• If you can't work out now what sly are doing let me tell you. All SD Channels will go soon aswell they are going HD only, that's why they are knocking one by one channels off " testing the water for cs to see what happens" also they only do HD boxes was told by a very good source sly will be HD only channels by the end of the year they where hoping for the end of last year.

But with the stats on amount of SD only subs still for *** I think this year may be pushing it

It is not who's in front of you,But who stands behind you that matters!

• Why dont the channels work even though a card isnt paired using the new system ie Thomson box? Have they found another way of blocking HD on all cards?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

• Why dont the channels work even though a card isnt paired using the new system ie Thomson box? Have they found another way of blocking HD on all cards?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Thet dont work paired to any hd box not just thomson even a drx card that never went back in the drx to be paired has the issue hence no one has hd working yet someone just lost them yesterday ???impossible as the encryption in the broadcast changes instantly , box must have been off a few weeks as everyone is effected at the same time , all related to the new firmware ,all hd channels effected are either 85 or 99 hex with different encryption

Edited once, last by stevejo ().

• i cant believe some people are still up in arms about it lol. there's going to be no break through anytime soon. in fact, with everything else, its probably going to get worse before it gets better. is there anything good about *** that you will miss?? maybe the football, and personally for me the racing (ch4 do a crap job lol) so i think everyone should just sit back, relax and enjoy what you have!! only channels that get watched in my house is bloody nicktoons....spongebob all day....i be happy if they blacked that one out lol

• If you read up on this you will find it is going to cost too much to stop sd channels.It may well happen but not for a while because there are too many s** customers that have still got sd boxes.Unless S** give everyone free HD then it is going to carry on for the imminent future.

*** dont have to give free HD, the only thing they have to do is replace all SD boxes with HD boxes. If you have a HD box and cancel your HD subs you SD channels replace the HD channels. No Free HD needed.

It also looks like *** only care about premium channels, at the moment its only the HD and premium channels that have been paired with the HD box, all other channels such as *** One SD are still unpaired and can be shared.

Unless *** start some new campaign to replace all SD boxes in a short time frame I cant see SD going any time soon.

was told by a very good source sly will be HD only channels by the end of the year they where hoping for the end of last year

This is kind of irrelevant to this discussion but in reply to SWEENEY's comment

Out of 420 or so Encrypted SIDs on the Sly Platform, only 90 are broadcasting in HD. (These numbers include variants of the same Channel)

Out of the 330 SIDs broadcasting in SD minus (37 Box Office & 28 Sports Active) = 265, there are 201 unique Channels.

Out of those 201 Unique Channels There are 140 that have no HD versions
    Of those 140, 47 are +1 channels that could be switched to HD overnight (Assuming enough Bandwidth on Astra 28.2)
    That leaves 93 Encrypted Channels that have no HD Alternative..

That looks like years of work to my untrained eye.. I cant see Sly Broadcasting HD only in the next 5 years..

• Did the message take over the screen like part of the sly menu or was it a just a pop-up text type?
    Also, how long did it display before going?

Are you still using your card in Thomson box?

It was a pop up text type but it filled the majority of the screen, It was not possible to watch the programme with the message and I had to manually acknowledge the message before it would disappear

I stopped using my Thomson when the first HD Movie chans changed to the new pairing (around 20th may) I hadnt seen the message again after Xmas. and the box was regularly reset (Full power down and new chan scan required)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!