Amiko Alien 3 Android

There are 216 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 58,958 times. The last Post () by aidyc1970.

• Spoke too soon, when I turned off the receiver and back on a few hours later the channels didn't clear, just black scrambled screen.
    I checked with webif and my newcamd line was connected to the server.
    I tried booting to system recovery, wiping the cache and all data.
    Even downgraded to version 2.0.60, then updated to this 2.0.61 and installed this Oscam again. channels now clear okay but despite wiping cache and data files the receiver still retained the configuration.
    Same happened when I downloaded and installed XBMC, it had all the repositories setup and the same addins were installed.

Seems there is an issue with either root access to the Android build as uninstalling an App doesn't actually remove it or its settings.

Anyone else come across this??

Edited once, last by patmcd ().

• RE: your first issue, did you try stopping and restarting oscam on the box before you wiped? Ive had my box running a couple of days now with zero issues.
    As for the box retaining xbmc settings & stuff i think every box does that. I did a wipe when i first got my box & was surprised to find all my xbmc addons were still there afterwards.

• No further problems for me either other than Oscam seems a bit slow to start initially from boot up, works fine once up and running.

- - - Updated - - -

RE: your first issue, did you try stopping and restarting oscam on the box before you wiped? Ive had my box running a couple of days now with zero issues.
    As for the box retaining xbmc settings & stuff i think every box does that. I did a wipe when i first got my box & was surprised to find all my xbmc addons were still there afterwards.

The A3 is the only android device I've known that doesn't wipe everything after a fresh install from factory wipe.

• All working fine now, as was said before the occasional audio glitch.

The Cache and Data wipe issue needs to be looked at by someone in the know.
    Every other type of box that I have for XBMC etc. all completely wipe the Data and Cache when upgraded.
    Its one of the requirements for a clean install of new firmware.
    They use the same Amlogic chipset as the A3.

• Now that the main issue is sorted, does anyone know how to go about getting a 7 day EPG? Not sure if there's one available.
    The EPG on my £35 Openbox is better than the one currently on my A3

• Now that the main issue is sorted, does anyone know how to go about getting a 7 day EPG? Not sure if there's one available.
    The EPG on my £35 Openbox is better than the one currently on my A3

Would be nice but suspect will be waiting while.. Based on time taken for Oscam fix. But progress is good even if slow.

• I'm wondering if theres a way to maybe activate the 7 day EPG. when you hit the EPG button on the remote the 7 days are there and you can scroll across, but they're all blank.
    Only now and next show.

• New Emus Oscam with basically same structure than E2
    Thank to Mihaip for uploading the file.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/ooo2jb
    P.D: Remeber is only available for the nuew firmaware *.61 Special version.
    https://www.sendspace.com/file/ooo2jb

Extract fron Mihaip post:

SHORT resume in English
    ================

- the plugin concept operate as in Spark1 ... upgrade/update ... the A3 flash
    with the content of /plugin folder from a memory stick
    - actual Oscam-EMU contains the executable ( /plugin/bin/Oscam-EMU ) and
    a prototype SoftCam.Key ( /plugin/tuxbox/config/SoftCam.Key )
    - the system will detect automatic the presence of /plugin folder , will ask for
    a confirmation and wait for about 3-5 seconds for OK then ... will cancel !
    - into "Plugin" window of Oscam you will find both versions : oscam4spark
    and Oscam-EMU ... starting one of them will stop the other
    - till the official 2.0.62 release ... you cannot overwrite files so pay atention
    what you put in SoftCam.Key !!!

The usage of Oscam plugin

- updating the executable Oscam-EMU : /plugin/bin/Oscam-EMU

- updating the executable oscam4spark : /plugin/bin/oscam4spark

- updating SoftCam.Key : /plugin/tuxbox/config/SoftCam.Key

- updating oscam.server : /plugin/tuxbox/config/oscam.server

- you can also make all together in one step !!!

From time to time , when noticeable progress occur , we will
    publish a new version for both versions of Oscam executable !!!

ONE MORE TIME THANK YOU VERY MUCH MIHAIP FOR THIS EXCELLENT WORK!!!!!

• Does anybody know how to set a username and password for spark tv webserver? when i enter the ip in my laptop browser or my mobile i go straight to the page that i can control my box from.
    At first i thought it was not asking for a username and password because i was connected to my network.
    However i just connected with my mobile & i was'nt connected to my wifi i was using my phones data connection and it took me straight to the same page, no username or password was requested.

Amiko Android, Enigma2 and Spark Receivers

Amiko Android, Enigma2 and Spark Receivers. Discuss everything related to Amiko here. Includes Kodi, MCAS, Oscam, Amiko A3 firmware, Amiko 3 Combo firmware, Amiko A4 firmware and OpenATV, OpenSPA and PurE2 images for Amiko A5 and A6 models.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!