Amiko Alien 3 Android

There are 216 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 58,876 times. The last Post () by aidyc1970.

• Does it come with any maual for setting up? at the beginning?. I don´t know if it is necessary a memory card to do backups of the system, or it will be enough with the Hard Drive. One of the first things I wanna do is to do a first backup in case i do something wrong and the box stay unstable.

Yes it has a basic manual and yes you can back up before updating. You can use USB sticks or drives to externally back up.

The manual doesn't cover anything other than standard stuff for obvious reasons.

• Hi all,
    Well i took delivery of my A3 yesterday afternoon.... due to it's small size it's purpose was to be used mainly on the satellite receiver blind scan for feed hunting to replace my bigger units and also to hopefully be able to relieve my full size HTPC pc. It's other attributes are an added bonus.
    So far iv'e just about got my head around the satellite tuner side of it and have to say i'm quite impressed with the performance but needs a bit more development for easier display of 4:2:2 signals .... still on a steep learning curve at the moment.
    Now, xbmc ..... i also have the same problem with 720p max resolution which is not good for me projecting high res images on a 120" projector screen. Also at the moment i have audio drop-outs using bitstream pass-through and although it can see the NAS with the hdd holding the movie's i'm having a struggle to get it to scrape the fan art and give me a video wall. All works perfectly on the pc based xbmc, this must be an Android thing ?. Early days yet but it does look promising

• Hi all,
    Well i took delivery of my A3 yesterday afternoon.... due to it's small size it's purpose was to be used mainly on the satellite receiver blind scan for feed hunting to replace my bigger units and also to hopefully be able to relieve my full size HTPC pc. It's other attributes are an added bonus.
    So far iv'e just about got my head around the satellite tuner side of it and have to say i'm quite impressed with the performance but needs a bit more development for easier display of 4:2:2 signals .... still on a steep learning curve at the moment.
    Now, xbmc ..... i also have the same problem with 720p max resolution which is not good for me projecting high res images on a 120" projector screen. Also at the moment i have audio drop-outs using bitstream pass-through and although it can see the NAS with the hdd holding the movie's i'm having a struggle to get it to scrape the fan art and give me a video wall. All works perfectly on the pc based xbmc, this must be an Android thing ?. Early days yet but it does look promising

Sorry you mean XBMC only can play 720p max resolution?, not Full HD. But is the box is capable for playing FullHD:27_003:.... do not Understant. I receive mine on monday

• The A3 itself has the provision for setting 1080/50 1080/60 etc in the resolution menu but it looks like xbmc Android version on the A3 will not set any higher than 720p at the moment in the xbmc set-up menu. My pc based xbmc has full HD video and audio but that machine and it's components are a completely different animal to the A3 hardware wise.

• Sorry you mean XBMC only can play 720p max resolution?, not Full HD. But is the box is capable for playing FullHD:27_003:.... do not Understant. I receive mine on monday

Very important ( I am reading a site from USA) to do a full backup with the app it comes for it. If you do a reset(full reset) with th ebutton in the back side, all the apps comes preinstalled are automatically deleted. So better do a Full Backup first.

• The A3 itself has the provision for setting 1080/50 1080/60 etc in the resolution menu but it looks like xbmc Android version on the A3 will not set any higher than 720p at the moment in the xbmc set-up menu. My pc based xbmc has full HD video and audio but that machine and it's components are a completely different animal to the A3 hardware wise.

It is a very odd problem that I haven't experienced with any other android device running XBMC right from cheap PC sticks through to an Ouya and across all manor of different phones and tablets.
    Clearly something is reporting to XBMC that it has only one resolution available.

• ... Iv'e tried to join the American site for Amiko .."Fridge-FTA" forum to put this problem to them but the site won't let me register saying that i am using a proxy server, which as far as i am aware i am not.

• I used to have a prism cube ruby xbmc box cost £250 and didn't have an epg for over 12 months also had an evo xfinity android box which did improve after each update so give it a chance and lets see.
    I personally am waiting for a quad core 2gb ram quad gfx android stb it wont be long:83:

• ..... boy how things have evolved since the days when i used to use such receivers as the Echostar LT8700 etc .... i really like this little A3 and like you would be exited to see the next generation .

• My bug list so far.

Internal hard drive cannot be read by XBMC if formatted to EX3 in fact no non-OS apps seem to be able to either. This is a problem if planning on using the box to record lengthy programs as obviously you will end up hitting fat32 size limits.

Gotham XBMC seems to lose the air mouse every now and again. Also stuck with just 720p resolution

Oscam glitches every 8 seconds

Volume control doesnt work regarding the headphone socket on the remote too, just stays at a rather loud volume.

Most popular Google Apps will not install from the play store, just get incompatible message. Side loading gives a lot of parsing errors.

Can't find where I can stop it powering down too so not very good as a network server not to mention when you want it to stream to a device when out and about. Nore can change clock display to 12h or dim it.

So all in all it is still very buggy, lacks a lot of E2 features and needs plenty of issues adressing but hopefully Amiko will sort this box out soon.

• I received the box on Friday, It appears the Europe version is missing some of the apps that the Americans have received. (Frode-A30 for example). Not sure why this has been removed.

• Its possible to put bug reports or general feelings re: the A3 directly to the guys that are involved more deeply with the A3 development on the American "Fridge-FTA" forum site once registered. A lot more reading on the A3 available.

• I cannot find the right way to connect a ftp from a laptop or pc. I used Filezilla and DCC put the IP and the users and passwords root root, but the conection is refused all the time.
    So no idea what else I can do. Driving me mad.
    When you zap with emu OScam Active doné receive the emm and have to restart again. I follow the steps to setup my cline from Oscam config Menu.

Edited once, last by cazuela: correcting translation ().

• Alright mate, I found think link from another forum that might help you out with FTP to the box. Not sure if you are allow to post links to other forums but here goes.

satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/ftp-and-http-server-services-for-amiko-a3.339224

• I download filezilla, I put the ip of the box from my laptop user:a3 password:a3, port 2221, and return a messsage connection refused.
    I dont know what else to do. It is piss me off.!!

Amiko Android, Enigma2 and Spark Receivers

Amiko Android, Enigma2 and Spark Receivers. Discuss everything related to Amiko here. Includes Kodi, MCAS, Oscam, Amiko A3 firmware, Amiko 3 Combo firmware, Amiko A4 firmware and OpenATV, OpenSPA and PurE2 images for Amiko A5 and A6 models.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!