Amiko Alien 3 Android

There are 216 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 58,879 times. The last Post () by aidyc1970.

• Had this box for a few days. Great box except that I get constant glitches when running Oscam. No glitching when using same setup on Alien 2 E2 or Evo Xfinity so not a server issue. Anyone else having the same issues with one of these as I appreciate that it could be a firmware issue with it being so new bit also it could be the box is faulty.

Hi mate, just wondering if you've managed to sort out the problem? I'm having the same kind of problem except 90% of the time i cant even unscramble my channels.
    If i boot the box i get whatever channel i was last watching for a minute or so but the picture is glitchy slow motion and the audio is out of sync.After a minute or so it scrambles again.
    Also are you having an issue with the spark store? If i try to open the spark store while using wifi i get a 'network exception' error message then it crashes. It opens fine though when i use a wired connection. Wondering if its a common fault or if i've got a dodgy box.

• Well to be honest, It is a new devise so there are bout to be some bugs. Contact amiko about the problems your having. Im still waiting for my Amiko Alien 2+ box to come.

• Well to be honest, It is a new devise so there are bout to be some bugs. Contact amiko about the problems your having. Im still waiting for my Amiko Alien 2+ box to come.

My opinion is there shouldnt be any bugs at all. People have been testing these boxes for months so i would expect Amiko to have ironed out any bugs before releasing the final product.

• Hi mate, just wondering if you've managed to sort out the problem? I'm having the same kind of problem except 90% of the time i cant even unscramble my channels.
    If i boot the box i get whatever channel i was last watching for a minute or so but the picture is glitchy slow motion and the audio is out of sync.After a minute or so it scrambles again.
    Also are you having an issue with the spark store? If i try to open the spark store while using wifi i get a 'network exception' error message then it crashes. It opens fine though when i use a wired connection. Wondering if its a common fault or if i've got a dodgy box.

Nope fella, still glitches tho I have found for some reason slightly less when using WiFi than Ethernet. Have no issues using same settings on my other 2 boxes (Alien 2 and Evo Xfinity) but it isn't anything as bad as you're experiencing. I'd try a factory wipe and reset if I was you, that's going to be my next hope at finding a fix as my previous experience with Android is updates don't always go to plan when installing over older versions.

One other thing I have noticed is that XBMC Gotham 13.1 doesn't work properly for me on WiFi, I can download data of the streams from the Addons as in updating them but no stream data or streams are available yet as soon as I swop back to Ethernet they're all suddenly there.

Its all very odd and somewhat half baked atm.

• Nope fella, still glitches tho I have found for some reason slightly less when using WiFi than Ethernet. Have no issues using same settings on my other 2 boxes (Alien 2 and Evo Xfinity) but it isn't anything as bad as you're experiencing. I'd try a factory wipe and reset if I was you, that's going to be my next hope at finding a fix as my previous experience with Android is updates don't always go to plan when installing over older versions.

One other thing I have noticed is that XBMC Gotham 13.1 doesn't work properly for me on WiFi, I can download data of the streams from the Addons as in updating them but no stream data or streams are available yet as soon as I swop back to Ethernet they're all suddenly there.

Its all very odd and somewhat half baked atm.

Weirdly enough XBMC is the one thing I've had no problem with. I didn't upgrade it though, I've been using the Frodo version (12.2 I think ) that came preinstalled on the box. The add-ons I've tried in XBMC have worked perfectly.

Guess i''ll have to go with your idea of a factory reset tomorrow and see if that fixes it. If not i guess I'll be stuck with a lemon.
    Annoying as hell because the actual build quality of the box and the remote control are amazing. The air mouse takes some getting used to though. I won't be going near that when I get home from a night out lol

• Weirdly enough XBMC is the one thing I've had no problem with. I didn't upgrade it though, I've been using the Frodo version (12.2 I think ) that came preinstalled on the box. The add-ons I've tried in XBMC have worked perfectly.

Guess i''ll have to go with your idea of a factory reset tomorrow and see if that fixes it. If not i guess I'll be stuck with a lemon.
    Annoying as hell because the actual build quality of the box and the remote control are amazing. The air mouse takes some getting used to though. I won't be going near that when I get home from a night out lol

Tbh I expected issues, it took a while for the Alien 2 box to get sorted out too now running Opena.TV E2 the box is about as near perfect as you could expect it to work when you consider the nature of the software. Amiko isn't Samsung or LG and let's be honest, its rare a product from them heads to the shelves in fully working order but something about yours doesn't seem quite right compared to mine. Fingers crossed a factory reset is the cure.

• Tbh I expected issues, it took a while for the Alien 2 box to get sorted out too now running Opena.TV E2 the box is about as near perfect as you could expect it to work when you consider the nature of the software. Amiko isn't Samsung or LG and let's be honest, its rare a product from them heads to the shelves in fully working order but something about yours doesn't seem quite right compared to mine. Fingers crossed a factory reset is the cure.

Good news and bad news. I did a factory reset and now my channels are working but i'm having the issues you are with glitching etc. Guess thats something Amiko will address in a future update.
    Weirdly though when i did the reset all that seems to have happened is the reset removed XBMC and a couple of other apps i'd installed. It kept the android version i upgraded to when i got the box.
    I've got no idea how to roll back the android version.Unsure if it was the reset fixed it or the fact that this time around when i ran setup i selected LAN. Last time i ran setup i selected WIFI and only after id set the box up activated my LAN.

• Good news and bad news. I did a factory reset and now my channels are working but i'm having the issues you are with glitching etc. Guess thats something Amiko will address in a future update.
    Weirdly though when i did the reset all that seems to have happened is the reset removed XBMC and a couple of other apps i'd installed. It kept the android version i upgraded to when i got the box.
    I've got no idea how to roll back the android version.Unsure if it was the reset fixed it or the fact that this time around when i ran setup i selected LAN. Last time i ran setup i selected WIFI and only after id set the box up activated my LAN.

Hmmmmm yes strangely I also factory reset the A3, did a supposed full wipe only to find that all the files I'd previously downloaded were still there and when I re installed XBMC it had all its previous settings and add ons, so much for a complete wipe eh? So I still have the glitches, I still have a 720p limit on XBMC and I still can't use WiFi to stream on XBMC.

This is all rather bizarre........

• Hmmmmm yes strangely I also factory reset the A3, did a supposed full wipe only to find that all the files I'd previously downloaded were still there and when I re installed XBMC it had all its previous settings and add ons, so much for a complete wipe eh? So I still have the glitches, I still have a 720p limit on XBMC and I still can't use WiFi to stream on XBMC.

This is all rather bizarre........

Agreed it is pretty strange. Hopefully they'll release an update to fix the bugs sooner rather than later.
    Haven't gotten around to putting a HDD in mine yet i'll have to order one.
    I've got 4 or 5 HDD's lying around but all are 3.5. Sods law :48_002:

• Oh and I've a nice fat 1TB drive currently formatting in it too...

Forgot to ask, are you having any kind of issue with duplicate channels?
    After i scanned i've got 4 or 5 copies of certain channels in some cases even more.
    I've got 7 ITV duplicates for instance lol.
    Going to have to figure out the channel editor and maybe see if i can arrange them in an order like ***.

• Forgot to ask, are you having any kind of issue with duplicate channels?
    After i scanned i've got 4 or 5 copies of certain channels in some cases even more.
    I've got 7 ITV duplicates for instance lol.
    Going to have to figure out the channel editor and maybe see if i can arrange them in an order like ***.

That's pretty much standard with doing a blind scan. You will find that those duplicates are actually different region channels, both for here in the UK and in Ireland. Another bug is if you delete them off the list using the channel editor if you do a voice search they still appear.......

• I am still waiting the box. Should I cancel the order? reading what you explaining with the glitching and the other bugs I am starting to think is a buggy box

• I am still waiting the box. Should I cancel the order? reading what you explaining with the glitching and the other bugs I am starting to think is a buggy box

Yes it is buggy but its still a great box. New users should expect problems like this. This is a new direction, expect a few problems along the way. Its people like us that raise problems we find that makes a better product.

• Yes it is buggy but its still a great box. New users should expect problems like this. This is a new direction, expect a few problems along the way. Its people like us that raise problems we find that makes a better product.

I hope Amiko manufacter can read the buggs exposed and launch a new upgrade, fixing them.

• Does it come with any maual for setting up? at the beginning?. I don´t know if it is necessary a memory card to do backups of the system, or it will be enough with the Hard Drive. One of the first things I wanna do is to do a first backup in case i do something wrong and the box stay unstable.

Amiko Android, Enigma2 and Spark Receivers

Amiko Android, Enigma2 and Spark Receivers. Discuss everything related to Amiko here. Includes Kodi, MCAS, Oscam, Amiko A3 firmware, Amiko 3 Combo firmware, Amiko A4 firmware and OpenATV, OpenSPA and PurE2 images for Amiko A5 and A6 models.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!