modify image before loading to box

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,440 times. The last Post () by russellhearn69.

• Just wondering if it is possible to decompile an image so that i can add a few things to it such as oscam files etc rather than have to add it to the box after it has been loaded in, that way i can modify what i want then load it into the box and not have to ftp anything.

any info on this would be great (i.e how its done if posssible)

Thanks

• Just wondering if it is possible to decompile an image so that i can add a few things to it such as oscam files etc rather than have to add it to the box after it has been loaded in, that way i can modify what i want then load it into the box and not have to ftp anything.

any info on this would be great (i.e how its done if posssible)

Thanks

hi buddy,
    Please explain in detail what you want to achieve.....bcos you mentioned oscam files,in my opinion,installing oscam in ur receiver wont take more than 2mins....
    Am thinking may be you want to learn to create backup images and add important stuffs,many of us are here 24/7...wishing we could learn also..or there is something more i dont know...just spill it
    Great guys are here to help..lol
    :caz3::very-drunk:

• it will take longer to do that than actually loading the image and ftping the files across.
    unless you can build your own image from someones source. :)

Mutant HD2400, Hades, 2xdvb-s2, 2xdvb-c
    Xtrend ET8500, Hades, 1xdvb-s2, 1xdvb-c
    Vu+ SoloSE, Hades, 1xdvb-s2 (out of action atm)
    Vu+ Zero, Hades, 1xdvb-s2
    Fixed 28.2e + 1mtr Orbital, Dark Motor, Inverto LNB

• guys am i right in saying this is for the alien2 images as thats what the thread is in

the file i posted works great and i use it many times in looking into the image before loading in to the box

iv also pulled files out of an image with out loading into the box as many a time i may just need a skin or plugin

• yeh it's for the alien2 that i'm wanting to mess about with, i'm just tired of having to load everything in again when i want to try a new image so if i could modify it before loading it into the box i can see what it's like straight away, it might take me longer but it's just something that i would like to have a go at.
    Ive never tried it and would like to learn a bit more on the enigma side of things.

I'll give your wee program a go pauldb and let you know how i get on

• its a long way around doing something tbvh, you only mention oscam files etc, why only these? ready made ready setup to connect, ahh

This has made me think a little, why would anyone want to do this really ?? curiosity?
    so I checked out the net a little and found that russellhearn69 has got a bit of a history of renting/purchasing this cannot be denied...

so why not a possible reseller ???
    Can you please respond to this post please ???
    Please take the time to read the rules again before you answer...

• This has made me think a little, why would anyone want to do this really ?? curiosity?
    so I checked out the net a little and found that russellhearn69 has got a bit of a history of renting/purchasing this cannot be denied...

@ cazuela
    I dont think it has something to do with resharing.....i beg to differ
    He just wants to learn to backup images,write his own skin,do more tweaking to source code...than just being spoonfed with already backuped image
    sometimes asking such questions are very hard...bcos one doent know where to start and end,it involves a lot
    anyway....:very-drunk:

• That may be so ,but public net history tells a different story for anyone who cares to look......
    That´s why he is not banned yet,,to give him time to respond....
    as for backing up, tweaking yes,, I for one, am in favour of this and applaud anyone who is willing to take it on,,
    but my natural instinct based on experience which tells me different....
    btw resharing is not the same as reselling..

• This has made me think a little, why would anyone want to do this really ?? curiosity?

Like the other posts say i only want to be able to add files to the sorce code for my own bennifit as i have a couple of amiko alien2 boxes that i am fed up with having to put new firmware on everytime something goes wrong, sorry if you think i have broken any rules (I hope i haven't) i only used oscam as an example of a file to be added, there are things in the plugins that i don't use so having to go through them one by one to take them out is quite a pain, Sorry if this led people down the wrong path as to what i was wanting to do, i really just want to try to make an image that i am happy with, other than just relying on other peoples backups, please don't have me banned as this is a brilliant site and i use it quite a bit to help my friends out that is all and learn a bit about linux.
    Again sorry for any misunderstanding

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!