Best Home Plugs

There are 16 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,491 times. The last Post () by thatfellow.

• I've used loads of different ones and they're all crap tbh...

what are you streaming? If its HD, forget it!

If its music, SD, anything else, then all plugs are much a muchness tbh...Solwise 200Mbit ones are probably your best bang for buck!

• Ok, my upstares box was dropping (freezing) with wireless link, (due to the distance from the wireless router, I have bought home plugs and there is no freezing, sweet, dont forget though, they are dearer and the two boxes have to be on the same ring main, this can be established by how may 30amp breakers there are in the mains board. later properties have upstairs ring mains and seperate downstairs ring main

• My develo dlan plugs work perfectly even on different ring-mains! They should work so long as the ring or radial circuits are on the same consumer unit. I use two different sets, one for my sons xbox live connection and the other for my uno, and have encountered no problems what so ever!

RATIUS

• I use the Solwise 200 meg ones. Oh, I can stream hd movies from my nas with no glitches, I suppose it depends on the quality of your network, router, cables etc.

Vu+ Solo, VIX 1.2 with CCcam2.2.1 - 1.2 Mtr Fibo gregorian, (53E - 58W). A couple of DM800's and a DM500 on a fixed 60cm dish

• I use the Solwise 200 meg ones. Oh, I can stream hd movies from my nas with no glitches, I suppose it depends on the quality of your network, router, cables etc.

It depends more on the quality of the HD really...mkv's are fine but try streaming a 40GB ISO rip over homeplugs...totally impossible!

• It depends more on the quality of the HD really...mkv's are fine but try streaming a 40GB ISO rip over homeplugs...totally impossible!

Good point, I will give it a try though.

Vu+ Solo, VIX 1.2 with CCcam2.2.1 - 1.2 Mtr Fibo gregorian, (53E - 58W). A couple of DM800's and a DM500 on a fixed 60cm dish

• Forum Sponsor sells Technomate homeplugs - 85mbps and 200mbps ones.
    Technomate TM-85 HP 85mbps Homeplugs 1.0 turbo (Twin Pack)
    Technomate TM-200 HP 200mbps Homeplugs 1.0 turbo (Twin Pack)

It isn't really fair that we should be posting links to other suppliers when the sponsor offers fair deals and great support. Supporting the forum sponsor helps keep things ticking! - oh and you can get a fiver off your first order too!

edit - sorry missed this was in the VIP section - so fair enough - you help things ticking over too! but do have a look at the sat-shop ones!

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• you should have no probs using the home plugs on your server m8!!!

Any information provided on this site is not guaranteed in any way. Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• I know this is off topic m8, but forget home plugs & Wireless alltogether, get yourself some cat6 cable and throw a few sockets around the house.. I tried homeplug, Wireless N with repeater's and every other quick fix. NONE of them came close to a wired network. It will be a bit work but you can do it all yourself for under £100.

Here is a tut i used to get started. You wont need all the gear he shows in the pics, I just use my router ports..
    How to Install an Ethernet Jack for a Home Network - Part 1 | HandymanHowto.com

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!