Inverto Ultra LNB's

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,815 times. The last Post () by murgy.

• Quick question about the above mentioned..

I have an Inverto Ultra Black single LNB fitted to an Orbital 1m dish.
    Would there be any signal gain in changing to a quad LNB??

Kieron

Kieron

The only thing you gain bud is having four outputs from your LNB, no difference in quality between a single & quad version of the Black Ultra......

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• In theory, the only differences is the number of outputs. But in reality LNBs are not exact devices. I recently replaced a single black ultra with a twin black ultra and the twin is roughly about 10% better than the single for fringe transponders and slightly better signal for strong transponders. When researching LNBs before my purchase, I recall a few guys reporting that their quad LNB was much better than the same manufacturer's single LNB. I also read that manufacturers are more picky with specs for twin/quad LNBs since people buying them are usually more discerning than the single LB users - but I have no idea if that is really true or not... If you read online people who post tests, you will see lots of conflicting information - and a large part of that is due to manufacturing inconsistencies. Also, LNBs to not perform the same across all frequencies, so it is possible after changing LNBs that some frequencies improve and some get worse. I have also read that manufacturers make an LNB, test it and then decide what case/label to put on it. Bottom line is, from my experience and research, there is a good chance that you see at least a slight improvement but it is in no way guaranteed. Of course if you are thinking at all about adding another receiver/tuner, then it is a no brainer to give the quad a try...

BTW - I looked at my internet history to see if I could find any of the reports I read and it was too long ago, but a google search should help you find some reports.

• I'm ot looking to add another receiver (yet) although I have read quite a few posts claiming that fringe reception is better on multi-lnb's, hence the question whether it was worth the upgrade.

I'll get one in the next couple of weeks and post the results.... good or bad!!

Kieron

Of course there will be a signal improvement with quad lnb....bcos quad lnb is to serve 4 boxes,its of much power than the single or dual from the same manufacturer....Am not talking from hearsay,but my 5 years of tracking fringe reception.

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!