Missing satellite channels on search

There are 137 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 8,303 times. The last Post () by Panda555.

• if you can't reach the dish

then all we write here is b######t

get the installer back

start again from 0.8 west

and you'll see the difference

parabéns cr7 & moliveira88

Μπρέντφορντ Φ.Σ

RIP Vangelis Papathanassiou

• Exactly but it has taken ages to get where we are at and if the guy cocked up in the first place as the OP does not know what's what we may as well help him so when installer calls back they can show that they know a little bit.

Chris you have confused the hell out of us. Can you just answer these few questions.

1. Did you pay for motor, dish, wall bracket and was it for a motorised set up to get 30west to 39east?

2. When the installation was done did installer show how to move dish from sat to sat?

Now go to dishpointer .com put in your post code, look to the right and click on motorised now use arrow to scroll down to SG motek SG2100, now click search and then scroll down to where it says dish setup data and that's what the guy uses. I did it for CT16 1SZ = m&s in dover.

• Official Post

As this thread is popular, could peeps please also have a look at this is you know anyone that can help:

Motorised dish Installer required West Sussex / Brighton area - recommendation's please

TIA

• Exactly but it has taken ages to get where we are at and if the guy cocked up in the first place as the OP does not know what's what we may as well help him so when installer calls back they can show that they know a little bit.

we are amateur installers

and i have installed many and many times i installed it wrong too

and if i installed one and that one complained but also adjusted it

i wouldn't go back

and that has happened

your learn more from doing it wrong

let the installer learn by his wrong

it's down to you

parabéns cr7 & moliveira88

Μπρέντφορντ Φ.Σ

RIP Vangelis Papathanassiou

Edited 2 times, last by Antepenultim8 ().

• speak for yourself, a lot of professional installers on here and if you think tweaking with usals is adjusting then you are an amateur. We are here to help people and Chris has a few genuine queries. It would appear the installer used the wrong wall bracket for a start so I am not very hopeful A he will come back and B if he does that he will do any better. But we don't know what the original request was and until we do all we can is offer guidance. The whole set up could be exactly as required from the outset.

• How I can confused you?

1. Yes I did pay for the motor, dish, wall mount and I am not sure what you mean by the motorised setup from 30west to 39east. If you mean if I have setup then no I haven't done it.

2. No he didn't show me how to move dish from sat to sat. I will have to do it myself.

However, I have spoke to my sat installer he said that he have setup the dish elevation as 22.6 degree and 39 degree on motor elevation. Can you please check on my pics to see that if the dish elevation is 22.6 degree and motor elevation is 39 degree?

My sat installer have also said he will let me know tomorrow when he can come down to have a look for me as I need to get book in.

• cf7c65803c23cae48c69.jpg60f9be.jpg8ec193fd.jpglinuxsat-support.com/cms/attachment/157936/linuxsat-support.com/cms/attachment/157933/linuxsat-support.com/cms/attachment/157934/When you put your post code into dishpointer and selected motorized etc it will give you dish elevation and motor elevation.. you should show that to sat installer.

Here is a pic of your dish elevation. Note the arrow on dish, by my eyesight it is pointing at just fractionally beyond 20. Between 10 and 20 it looks as if there are 4 steps so each step is 2.5. I have put in an indicator where dish should be 30 or therabouts. Look at pick of motor, that arrow is elevation indocator and it looks like 39.

If he comes back he should really have fitted an L bracket and that way he can get 100% upright.

If you a channel listing loaded in your box he could have gone to each sat and checked, then you could use the list above to compare signal strength.

Are you beginning to get the picture!! The bracket I have posted looks a little like one you are uisng and its tricky to get this 100% accurate.

Look closely at dish setup this is as if you were putting a motor system up at MARKS & SPENCER in Dover and I don't know how far your are from there. The dish elevation is 23 and he has yours at 22.6 apparently but .... where are you getting 30 from??

Edited 2 times, last by claihew ().

• My sat installer is coming to see me on Monday. When he come I will show him the dishpointer.com so hopefully he will have a look on my dish and motor and adjust them to get all signals to work again.

Just make sure that I do this when he come on Monday. I move the dish to 0. 8 west, I put the correct latitude and longitude in the receiver so he would see the problem with the signals?

When I get the signals for 0.8west, do I need to move the dish to 30 east and check for the signals before I move to 28.5east and so on?

In the picture is my dish elevation is 20 degree?

If so is that too low or is that correct?

And in the 2nd picture is my motor elevation is 39 degree?

I need you to tell me as i am not sure what is the correct reading for my dish elevation and motor elevation. I just want to ask you to make sure so if you see he make an error please let me know so I will tell him and let him know. But if the problem is still exist then I will ask him if I would need to get L bracket if it would help.

I got 30 degree from dishpointer.com when I put my zip code and when I selected the satellite.

• Read carefully and go slow, go to dishpointer.com, put in your post code, and if you use a zip code then you are not in UK, zip codes are in the USA!! When you put in your POST CODE look across and click on motorised, you are using a sat motor, the word motorised is next to all satellites, move your cursor on motorised and a hand appears, click it and motorised appears, click the small arrow on right and menu opens, scroll down to motorised and select motek sg 2100, this is equivalent to your motor, now click on search and then scrool down to the bit that says dish setup and that shows what the elevation on dish should be. When I did it FOR MARKS AND SPENCERS in DOVER IT CAME BACK AS 23%.

Please do that now and report back. If you are confused say so. The picture of your motor does not show the markings clearly enough but installer said 39 and that is correct.

• Read carefully and go slow, go to dishpointer.com, put in your post code, and if you use a zip code then you are not in UK, zip codes are in the USA!! When you put in your POST CODE look across and click on motorised, you are using a sat motor, the word motorised is next to all satellites, move your cursor on motorised and a hand appears, click it and motorised appears, click the small arrow on right and menu opens, scroll down to motorised and select motek sg 2100, this is equivalent to your motor, now click on search and then scrool down to the bit that says dish setup and that shows what the elevation on dish should be. When I did it FOR MARKS AND SPENCERS in DOVER IT CAME BACK AS 23%.

Please do that now and report back. If you are confused say so. The picture of your motor does not show the markings clearly enough but installer said 39 and that is correct.

I have put my zip code and it say my dish elevation should be 23% but i can't find where is the motor elevation?

• look very closely at the that bit at bottom of dishpointer, it says motor LATITUDE that's same as elevation. here is my piccagain, but it uploads sideways.181ee0c0c638d.jpg

Now you do realise that your installer was nearly correct, although he said 22.6 and it should be 23 he should use 0.8w to tweak the dish. What I want you to do now is move dish to 28east and give me the signal strength reading from Channel 5 HD. BUT you must use the correct settings for usals first.

Those flats near have they got a name??

NB You should have a proper motorised channel lisiting in your receiver covering every satellite. Scanning each satellite yourself is a waste of time and effort.

Have you told me what image you are uisng and it looks like a sky skin? did you set up box yourself?

Edited once, last by claihew ().

• I got it. I will show it to him when I see him on Monday afternoon. Yeah I will do that to put the correct settings for the usals before he come.

I will move the dish to 0.8w to 28east, if I receive the signals what satellite I should go to after 28east?

Yes I did told you the image I use is openatv 6.4. And yes I did setup the box to myself.

• That signal is perfect for 28 east. When you get set up on 0.8west using al jazeera and gospel channel, then check the sats you are going to need most. 30west, 13east, 19 east, 28east. If these are ok then rest will be ok. Show that installer the list of sats above that are possible with an 80cm dish from your location. Dishes and lnb's and cabling and receivers can affect reception. Especially lnb but you should get enough signal to view the sats you need. You can check all your sats before he calls using the list above as provided by jon.

BUT I still worry about those flats!! Best of luck and hope you get sorted.

• Official Post

jensen what lnb are you using?

recently changed to this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Opt…43f7fb:g:FSEAAOSw3epas7z8

i used to get break up on S Sport on 42east but it is now stable with the new lnb

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!