Missing satellite channels on search

There are 137 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 8,294 times. The last Post () by Panda555.

• jenneneverest see if you can see these too with 80m

with some east sats

im in west london

have 80m dish motor sg-2100a setup with dm800se 2nd room

and i can see these

please try

pictures for to you see and try

i would also say search 5 west

dm800se cant see what it cant find but yours will

sats to try with 80m dish.zip

parabéns cr7 & moliveira88

Μπρέντφορντ Φ.Σ

RIP Vangelis Papathanassiou

Edited 4 times, last by Antepenultim8 ().

• OK it was late last night and I missed the length of the thread. When I asked did you set it up yourself I meant did you put bracket on wall, assembled motor, adjusted motor, assembled dish and set dish elevation. When using USALS you put in the co-ordinates of your house and depending on your location select the best sat to fine tune the dish. In your case its 0.8w. There are 2 channels I use the god channel and Al jazeera. One is vertical one is horizontal. I dont know how good your sat meter is but I use the receiver in my case a Vu+ Duo2. I have a gtmedia v8 finder as well but not used very often. The sat meter is not a lot of good if your rig is not 100% level. When you have the motor, dish, attached to wall mount and motor at 0 when you look from behind it should look dead straight like a gun barrel and the dish face dead square. If its not you will have trouble, Then pole has to be 100% perpendicular. If you meet these requirements you are all set. On the receiver in which you have already loaded a motorised sat listing. You do this via plugins and go to settings and select Vhannibal motorE2. Now you select Al jazeera and motor moves a fraction. You then move the whole rig until you get a picture. If you have dish facing due south to start the movement will be minimal. Once you get a picture you then adjust motor elevation, and sometimes the dish elevation but not often. You will see signal level go up and down so you settle on best. You have to fine tune lnb as well ie make dure skew is correct ie dead straight on arm for 0.8w. Then you choose gospel channel and check signal. I use % for signal so I get 68 on gospel and 77 on al jezzera, but I am a long way from you and use a 110cm dish with a black ultra lnb and DARK SUPREME motor and its set up 99.9% correct, high winds recently moved rig but I can use usals to adjust.

So in your case note the following and I am only helping you so dont get mad. The wall bracket is no good and you have already been told that but the reason is I dont think its possible to get rig 100%. That bracket is OK for sky. I have 3 dishes and one is like your bracket but its for sky. I also have another dish for sky but I used t&k brackets and the ease of setting up is chalk and cheese.

1. Here is the correct bracket.9bd31bda4ed.jpg

2. I used marks & spencer i dover and these are the settings that should be in usals

3. Your lnb is cheap as chips but ok for fixed I use an inverto quad but here's single., see pic, its very good for the fringes ie your dish and 30west.

4. Motor is good.

5. I dont know your sat cable but I use the second best , well its good.

So in your case make the best of what you have.

Do this move dish to 0.8west. Then proceed as below. NB do you know how to send dish to 0? If you do do that. Then

Put in correct usals and dont change it. Make dish elevation 31.5, make motor 51 or 39 your motor bracket may have elevation on one side and latitude on the other. Then select 0.8w and move whole rig etc. Get best signal, tighten up and then try all sats from 39east to 30west. All the footie you need is on 13east but we must be greedy quite a bit on 30west as well.

So at the moment you are using the wrong settings and its quite likely the rig is a bit off but you did get a few sats. Do as above and see what happens.

I am scanning in a few sats using openatv6.4 and on 30west there is an AJE channel that Fta its Al JEEZEERA its 10890V, 27500 DVB-S, 3/4.

By the way by changing the usals settings you are tweaking the motor but it will throw all the other sats out. You can tweak but only by about 1% max and then you have to change back for east and west.

NB If you study this u tube video, its old but good, you will be good to go and especially the bit with the three red dots. The sats you are after are about 22,000 miles altitude so 0ne degree out on earth means you miss the sat by about 65 miles!! Hence accurracy. If you can set it up correctly you should get all you eed between 30west and 42east.

• No I did not setup the dish on the wall as I had someone that done it for me. When I am using USALS, do I have to put the correct latitude and longitude that I got it from dishpointer.com??

I can't see what is the different of using L bracket and the bracket like what I got??

What is the frequency of god channel??

How I can set the motor to 0 on the receiver before I move the dish to 0.8e??

I don't have Vhannibal motorE2 so why do I need it?

I can't adjust the dish elevation as it is too high on the wall and I don't have a big ladder to climb up on the wall. Do I need to ask the sat meter to do this for me??

• Official Post

For those interested these are my signal results on some of the sats received on my 80cm usalls sat dish from SE England

• Ok you had an installer put up dish and motor and I expect they were qualified so they should have done it correctly and showed you the sats for east and west. The only adjustment you can make is by tweaking usals and that is a no no unless you can access dish and motor. For some reason you have sussed out how to tweak the USALS but that can do more harm than good and in another post you mention an obstruction.

Put in the correct USALS and move dish to 0.8w and then take a pic of dish at 0.8w and post on here(tommorrow).

Now on 0.8w use these frequencies for gospel channel 11357H, 24500, 7/8, DVB-S.

You can see if rig is installed correctly all the sats you can receive from an 80cm dish as per post above mine.

good luck

• Do I need to put the correct latitude and longitude on USALS as it say on dishpointer.com?

If so I will do that.

And how I can set the motor to 0 on the receiver?

I need to know how to set the motor to 0 then I will move the dish to 0.8west and post the pics of the dish tomorrow.

If you don't say how then I will not be able to do anything unless you tell me how to do this.

• Chris

This is what I said above " Put in the correct USALS and move dish to 0.8w and then take a pic of dish at 0.8w and post on here(tommorrow)." That means using readings from dishpointer.

You cant reach the motor so going to 0 is not required.

In fact without being able to reach the dish and motor you can do sod all and only mess with the usals.

Did the person installing the dish and motor know what they were doing?

I

• Okay, I have put the correct longitude and latitude on USALS.

The motor have moved the dish to 0.8w. What's next?

I have checking on the channels and some channels have no signals.

Yes I think so the person that done the dish on the wall know what he was doing.

• Official Post

jenseneverest, what reciver are you using and what image? I bet those sat dishes in Italy are red hot:shock:

My main box is now the VU ultimo, and i am always changing boxes and images. TBH the sf8008 the OP uses has got better tuner than either of the VU ones.

The 80cm dish is nothing special mate, it was literally the cheapest dish i could buy off ebay, some no name brand that came with the motor and LNB for about 70 pounds a few years ago, it has started to rust quite a lot now.....but i will repaint it in the summer as it is better than 3 other 80cm dishes i have had before.....But really, we are blessed with good signal in this area of the UK, and most importantly i have clear line of sight for the full satellite arc on that side of the house.

• try the al jazeera as well AL JAZEERA ENGLISH - 12418 V 28000

I suspect that my dish elevation is low as it is 20 degree. I'm getting no signals when I am using 1.33 longitude as I've saved in the motor setting, so when I changed it to 2.33, I can get the signals. I think my dish elevation need to adjust it.

And my motor elevation is 30 degree as I can confirm it so it should be 39 degree.

Do I need to contact sat meter to ask him to adjust it?

• Chris

If you can see motor clearly do a few close up pics and same for dish we can zoom in and see settings. You motor may have been set up for east only. The pic you posted looks as if its on 28east, what figures do you get for bbc, itv, ch4. Is 30west really important?

Who was the installer?

• Chris

If you can see motor clearly do a few close up pics and same for dish we can zoom in and see settings. You motor may have been set up for east only. The pic you posted looks as if its on 28east, what figures do you get for bbc, itv, ch4. Is 30west really important?

Who was the installer?

Yes it's for 28 east when my sat meter did it for me. I will contact him today to get him to adjust it.

There are only few settings I have already taken the pics but I don't know what the latitude is on the motor. These pics are for dish elevation and motor elevation.

• Thats perfect. You were set up on 28east as if it was a fixed dish. Call him back and can you do a pick of dish at 0.8w and with the correct usals. When you doget him out have dish on 0.8w and use those 2 channels to fine tune. While he is at the dish you could ring him and call out meter readings. Print out that list of sats above as well. It should take him all of 2 minutes.

On the dish you will see an arrow pointing to elevation and on the motor look closely near the nut on right hand side you will see a little arrow thats the pointer for the motor. It looks like the word is elevation so motor is set at 39 and on the the other side it will say latitude so that will read 51, same as your usals setting. Elevation and latitude are the same thing.

You are nearly there.

BUT do you have any obstructions ie have you a clear line of sight to the sky all the way round. ?

When he fixes dish move to 30west and then to42 east these should both be good and the rest will be fine.

You should have learnt a lot by now. The reason you would use a channel settings for a motor by hannibal is that he has gone to the trouble of scanning in all the channels on all the sats and it saves you the trouble.

Edited 2 times, last by claihew ().

• Thanks, I'm going to contact him. In the pics do you know what is my dish elevation and what is my motor elevation?

I am not sure what the readings is so you will know better than I do. I need to know what the readings is so I will contact him.

And also do I need to change L bracket??

As for the print out, what do you want me to do to print out the list of sats as I don't get it?

When I get him to come down, I will tell him to adjust the motor elevation to 39 degree and adjust the dish elevation to 32 degree only if both elevation are too low. d I will get him to adjust the motor latitude to 51 only if the latitude is incorrect. I will also make sure that my latitude and longitude settings are correct in the receiver settings before I get him to come down. Please correct me if I am correct.

As for the obstructions, yes there are building close to my house which have 3 floor of flats so it could have blocked me to get the signals for 30w. If I get the dish elevation and motor elevation correct I won't get the signals for 30w or I would still get it?

I have attached a picture for you to see for better view so you might know if I will get the signals or not.

I have been learning this alot as this is the first time I have done this as i have never done this before so I will know what to do in the future.

• Official Post

here is a site that illustrates it well and provides the calculations required

https://www.satsig.net/polar-mount-4.htm

At the end of the day you have my signal levels, yours should be similar as you said you are close to my area

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!