Missing satellite channels on search

There are 137 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 8,305 times. The last Post () by Panda555.

• Official Post

Well it looks fab. The one I settled on was this, in quad style. I tried quite a few and this was best.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Inv…d:g:ft8AAOSwFsBdJ3ax#rwid

That lnb is renowned as being one of the best:thumbup: that is a great price too

on my 1.2m dish i have one of these (after testing several it was the best one of about 6 i tried on the channel master dish)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LNB…639b58:g:lkAAAOSwjsBfcjiu

• That signal is perfect for 28 east. When you get set up on 0.8west using al jazeera and gospel channel, then check the sats you are going to need most. 30west, 13east, 19 east, 28east. If these are ok then rest will be ok. Show that installer the list of sats above that are possible with an 80cm dish from your location. Dishes and lnb's and cabling and receivers can affect reception. Especially lnb but you should get enough signal to view the sats you need. You can check all your sats before he calls using the list above as provided by jon.

BUT I still worry about those flats!! Best of luck and hope you get sorted.

My sat installer came to my place today and he have adjusted it, so he got it working when he use 19.2east using with correct longitude and latitude.

I have tried to tell him that I have to use 0.8west first to balance it but he said that when he adjust it all channels should work but some channels you can't get it as it will get blocked so you have to pay.

When he left I can't get the signals for 0.8west so I have changed the longitude from 1.388 to 3.88 nearly most channels are working but some channels have no signals, e.g canal 9 HD, some c more channels have no signals. Do you know what I need to do?

My sat installer said that I need to adjust on the receiver as I need to go on positioner setup and move the position between east and west to improve the signals.

• Well that's a bummer. He should have used 0.8west and then when he got those channels you would be fine. I hope he did not charge you more as he does not know what he is doing. You can use any sat to setup usals but if you dont start at 0 and then drive the dish to the satellite you want to use and then move the whole rig, ie dish and motor. Did you show him the list of sats that are possible with 80cm dish. ??

Can you name that block of flats near you?

• this is not totally true...

i am a proffessional installer, and i just want to know what the customer wants. than I KNOW THE WAY better from him, in other way why he called me...

but, when i finish the job, we will check together the dish signal (the receiver is another part of the job) from limit to limit, if the signal is acceptable...

• Well that's a bummer. He should have used 0.8west and then when he got those channels you would be fine. I hope he did not charge you more as he does not know what he is doing. You can use any sat to setup usals but if you dont start at 0 and then drive the dish to the satellite you want to use and then move the whole rig, ie dish and motor. Did you show him the list of sats that are possible with 80cm dish. ??

Can you name that block of flats near you?

Yeah he should have but he said it make no different. No he did not charge me to do the job. Yeah I agree with you he did not know what he is doing.

I tried it but he didn't have time for it as he is too busy working on my dish to get it perfect setup. I have asked him to adjust it to 23 degree but he said he can't adjust it because of my area and if he adjust it I will lose all of the signals. He said he have perfect setup on the dish with correct degree for the elevations and latitude so he can't do no more.

So I am going to start on 0.8west to make adjust. I have changed the longtitude from 1.238 to 3.238. Nearly all of the channels got signals but some channels have got no signals. Do you know what I need to change for the longitude??

I have asked him about 30west and I can't get Portuguese channels due to blocked by the flats so there is nothing I can do.

• you are living in 1.238 , so the closer satellite (and close to the point zero) is 1.9 .

when you asking your receiver the 1.9 satellite, your motor/dish is on the totally center? (zero point? or half degree from it.)

• Chris.

You are going through a steep learning curve and if you can get 0.8west by adjusting USALS then he should have got it but he does not know how. Those flats must be very high or right on top of you. Did you try with the adjusted usals. You can fiddle about with positioner but you cant save the settings. I'll tell you later how to use it.

Who do you want to see in the footie ie name the team or teams. All the footie is on 19east or 13east, 30west does have portugese etc.

With regards to canal 9 HD , although you have have setting for 0.8west in your box there is more than one satelllite at that location and those sats are for Nordic countries, NORWAY, SWEDEN, FINLAND and you only get them because of spillover and mos tof them are encrypted in CONAX or Videoguard.. I can get most of 0.8west but I cant get Canal 9 HD.

Here's another lesson. Each sat has a footprint and that means it reaches a certain area of the earths surface. There are a few websites you can use but I use lyngsat.com. So I went there and used the frequency to find canal 9 hd and I then clicked on the column that shows footprint. Here is the link

https://www.lyngsat-maps.com/footprints/Thor-6-K1.html

The numbers represent the power of the signal and underneath it shows the dish size required to receive them , look closely and you will see why you cant get canal 9 hd.

Are you aware that all those channels that show football are encrypted? That means you need a card to unlock them.

I am going to watch the footie at 8 west ham v aston villa so I wont be here until half time.

Put the correct usals back in and go to 13 east and look for al jazeera hd and tell me the signal strength. Then tell me channel 5 on 28 east, then al jazeera on 19 east.

Better still use the channels from the list above and compare signal levels. have you got official cards?

NB You lnb is no good for hard to get signals either.

• Yes I have try to adjust usals. Can you help me how to adjust usals to get the signals for all channels in the 0.8west?

Not true. I have canal 9 hd working before the installer adjust it.

Do you mean should I change it back to 1.238 longtitude?

No it is not true my LNB is good and strong enough to signals for the channels, but the dish adjustment is the problem.

• Official Post

The dish is clearly not setup right.

The installer is a joke

I agree. I think I should do it myself.

I don't have a ladder so do you know what I need to do?

I understand your position... I am not having a go at you.... It is not your fault.

I am shit scared of heights myself so my 80cm dish is only 10 foot up and the other I don't even need a ladder.

You may be able to get around the issue by adjustment on your box but it is not the right way to do thing's

Perhaps you can hire a ladder or borrow from a neighbour?

But the installer should give you a refund for sure.

• grrrrrr!!! I am not a mind reader, you should have said I could get canal 9 hd before he adjusted dish!! You dont say how you opened that channel, you dont say what footie you want. etc etc.

You have to grasp that we are trying to help you, you may not even need 30west, so give a bit more information, how are you opening the channels etc. I am beginning to tire you should have insisted that guy used 0.8west.

• grrrrrr!!! I am not a mind reader, you should have said I could get canal 9 hd before he adjusted dish!! You dont say how you opened that channel, you dont say what footie you want. etc etc.

You have to grasp that we are trying to help you, you may not even need 30west, so give a bit more information, how are you opening the channels etc. I am beginning to tire you should have insisted that guy used 0.8west.

Yeah I should have said it. No I don't need 30 west as I can only get from 30east to 27west. I'm going to find someone else who know what to do.

However, I have just check on the manual and realised that my sat installer did not make a mistake as he have set it up correctly.

In the motor manual it say that when the latitude is 51,the motor elevation should be 39 degree, motor angle should be 7.4 degree and dish elevation should be 22.6 degree.

Please see the picture

• Official Post

I have only put the wrong latitude and longitude in the receiver as my sat installer told me to change it.

Any half good installer will know that your location, your lat and your long where you have your dish, is the only correct one for it.

Regardless you asked for him to do XXXXX and he has done YYYYY

You do not have all of the sats and never will like it is currently.

19east is probably the strongest satellite and absolutely useless for setting a dish up with.

You can try changing whatever setting you like on the box, but at the end of the day if your dish is not setup to track the satellite arc you will neve have all of the satellites working, some will work and others will not.

i have never adjusted my location from where i am to something else, if the dish is not tracking correctly, fix the dish not the box.

c519152c4ad796fdab26.jpg

• jensen i have just PM them last words you wrote

if i were near by id go and sort it out

but im not

claihew how far a you from dover

you do seem to know it

i stayed in kent once near deal i think little mining village

went to the race track at lydden hill in my teens

your house has them latitude and longitude and no other place in the whole wide world has

parabéns cr7 & moliveira88

Μπρέντφορντ Φ.Σ

RIP Vangelis Papathanassiou

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!