Epg offset tutorial by @ravstar

There are 137 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 18,122 times. The last Post () by k3k.

• That's strange!

Can you check if tmp folder exists in root folder by using filezilla, if it doesn't then create one and run the script again.

wget -O /tmp/setup.sh "https://github.com/ravstar/Enigma2/raw/main/setup.sh" && cd /tmp/ && chmod 755 setup.sh && ./setup.sh

• I used the Total Commander and DCC as an FTP server. The tmp folder is visible there. Does it make any difference to filezilla?

root@dm920:/tmp#

Sorry, I have hardly any experience with the installation via the console. Unfortunately I couldn't get access to Filezilla either. The error message "... Error, could not connect to server

Trying to reconnect in 5 seconds

... ". In contrast, access was possible via DCC, TotalCommander or putty. Would be grateful for further tips and help in order to be able to run the script. Unfortunately, I can't get any further on my own, maybe a kind of checklist of typical beginner mistakes.

• I have used the script, however once the script has run and epgimporter run , i am not getting any epg data.

If i remove the script and re-run epgimporter then i get epg data

Any ideas?

• I have a VU+ Ultimo 4k with OpenPli, I followed the steps from the opening topic, but I don't have a new.EPG.sources.xml in the /etc/epgimport folder. Just a jmx.IPTV.channels.xml and a jmx.IPTV.sources.xml
    On other devices (Samsung TV, android phone) the EPG shows correctly so my providers info is correct. Please help.

Edited once, last by wiscel1 ().

• I have a VU+ Ultimo 4k with OpenPli, I followed the steps from the opening topic, but I don't have a new.EPG.sources.xml in the /etc/epgimport folder. Just a jmx.IPTV.channels.xml and a jmx.IPTV.sources.xml
    On other devices (Samsung TV, android phone) the EPG shows correctly so my providers info is correct. Please help.

Sounds like you have timezone not set correctly on enigma2 device.

I tried to adjust time zone on the VU, but it keeps giving wrong information.

I tried to adjust time zone on the VU, but it keeps giving wrong information.

try using openwebif

• Did that as wel, a reboot, reloaded the iptv epg settings. All it does it changes the time but the EPG keeps giving wrong program information.

• Hi,

i have no epg with SHOWING FOR iptv i have vu ultimo 4k box using openvix LATEST VERSION

i used page command for getting epg

wget -O /tmp/setup.sh "https://github.com/ravstar/Enigma2/raw/main/setup.sh" && cd /tmp/ && chmod 755 setup.sh && ./setup.sh

but when i run command that the meseage comes in the end

starting new installation

This script will fix EPG offset issue for IPTV i.e. if your epg is ahead or beh

nd and showing wrong program information.

You can adjust the offset time between any range from 1 minute to up to 23 hour

ls: *jmx.*.sources.xml*: No such file or directory

Enter full file name from below list starting with jmx.XXXX.sources.xml, For ex

mple: You want to fix EPG offset for provider's playlist named IPTV in jedimake

xtreme then you should look for file named jmx.IPTV.sources.xml

Enter file name: Wrong input installation aborted. Try to run the script again

y typing ./setup.sh below and hit enter

root@vuultimo4k:/tmp#

no new source arrived at my box

how to over come this issue please help

• do you have jedimaker installed

• Unfortunately, I am still having the problem trying to run the command line

wget -O /tmp/setup.sh "https://github.com/ravstar/Enigma2/raw/main/setup.sh" && cd / tmp / && chmod 755 setup.sh && ./setup.sh

the error message:

wget: error getting response

to get.

Does anyone else have an idea or tip for me. Or is it possible to import the script manually?

I am grateful for every tip and support.

• Official Post

What box are you using ? Have you got your VPN turned off ?

• Official Post

I have a Dreambox 920 with an Enigma2 image (Merlin). EPG importer and jedimakerxtream V6.15 are also installed.

VPN is not active.

what output do you get just with the putty command:

Code
    wget
  • should that url be the raw github content?

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ravstar/Enigma2/main/setup.sh

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Official Post

TBH as soon as a user says dreambox, anything normal goes out the window for me, makes sense what your saying :thumbup:

• wget: error getting response

well if you visit the original url it redirects to the raw. So maybe its not liking the redirect.

and from previous experience, standard wget installed on engima2 boxes isn't the full version. Therefore it will also have issues with https certificates.
    The user has to install the full version of wget for full functionality.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!