Gigablue or Vu+ - the age old question

There are 60 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,365 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Nice and thanks again. I set ABM to FTA only and did a scan work worked perfectly although I still see some nine FTA channels but now I’ve got the box to start up to my favs it’s not a big issue.

How can I get channel numbers and channel order like sky?

Oh wait, since I did a scan with ABM I see some channel dupes. How can I delete all channels and start again

Edited once, last by master G: Merged a post created by newbieraf into this post. ().

• Official Post

With regards to the channels/bouquets/epg:-

The most common mistake is that people mix up the two systems. Deal with the two separately and it will be straight forward.

How are you selecting the channels. E2 uses the last mode you selected. When you access the EPG, it will then invoke channel selection system.

I suppose in short, don't press the EPG button for now, use the channel +/- buttons. Then select the bouquet. If you have used ABM to create your bouquets, you will only have your regional channel in the bouquets. The other channels will still be on the system. Enigma 2 has background scanning. So if you plan to only have services you want, make sure you disable it.

On Vix, the factory reset has option to just remove the channels and bouquets. Alternatively,

init 4 && sleep 10 && rm -f /etc/enigma2/lamedb && rm -f /etc/enigma2/*.tv && rm -f /etc/enigma2/*.radio && rm -f /etc/enigma2/*.del && init 3 

For obtaining EPG, on Vix, disable the Freesat EPG reader in the EPG settings menu ) I am not talking about bouquets/channels). Then use OpenTV EPG downloader.

• The is so much. I did a factory reset on the channels and bouquets only and the epg and channel list are not spot on. I am very impressed on how straightforward this is.

I’m using epg importer and noticed that I have some exclamation marks in the epg, not sure if it’s related to the importer

• My skins have been around for some time now, get updated regularly, and work on the majority of oe-alliance builds with no issues at all.

Please read the relevant main skin threads for amends and setup guide for the skin you are installing.

old style sky skin

sky q skin

if you have any questions regarding my skins pop your question in my general skin question thread.

And if you want a guide how to setup your box from scratch (whether openatv or openvix) there is some good information in my guide here

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• Oh I didn’t know it was available that way I’ll take a look. One other question for people in the UK. How can I work out what broadcasting region I am in? I noticed that my local news isn’t the one I’m used to. I’m in Basingstoke/Hampshire, would that be South/ITV meridian?

• Oh I didn’t know it was available that way I’ll take a look. One other question for people in the UK. How can I work out what broadcasting region I am in? I noticed that my local news isn’t the one I’m used to. I’m in Basingstoke/Hampshire, would that be South/ITV meridian?

KiddaC did a full setup guide here:

if for terrestrial tv I did search looks like it is Hannington transmitter

• Please read the settings instructions in the slyk q skin thread. All info is in that thread. Please take the time to read it.

You get to the settings by pressing menu button on that screen.

direct link

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• I quickly went through them - thank you, ill have another go although I did notice there was some missing or didn't correspond on openvix. Should I assume that every setting you have specified will be on Vix?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!