info correct installation and configuration of the motorized dish

There are 177 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 11,927 times. The last Post () by hondasat.

• It seems strange that you can only get to 30E. I get much more. I would have thought someone in Italy would get much more than me?

it certainly depends on me :frowning face:or LNB that I currently have ,first I want to try with that lnb that was proposed to me, if it doesn't solve anything then next month I'm looking for an installer even if here in the area there is no one specialized in motorized dishes, but at least he with an instrument

Satellite reception: :dish: [1]80cm dish: Emme esse 80cm 13°E :dish:  [2] 80cm dish DIGIPOWER MOTECK SG-2100A             

Handset in use: OCTAGON SF8008 Limited Gold Edition - 4K UHD E2 DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 (Dual OS) Combo

Image: OpenATv 7.2 / 6.4

Edited 2 times, last by viper82 ().

• I used invacom l.n.b with Technomate 2600 motor 1.1 traix satellite dish The traix satellite dish is completely different I found good s.n.r

with invacom With motorised satellite installation there is a correction error of +or-1 You could try

to losen the motor bolts and adjust about 1mm

Up or dowm to see if your s.n.r increases across

All transponders Use a permanent mark to mark

Where the elevation lines up on the motor Incase the satellite dish moves due to weather conditions in the future

• In what sense " +or-1 "

Satellite reception: :dish: [1]80cm dish: Emme esse 80cm 13°E :dish:  [2] 80cm dish DIGIPOWER MOTECK SG-2100A             

Handset in use: OCTAGON SF8008 Limited Gold Edition - 4K UHD E2 DVB-S2X & DVB-C/T2 (Dual OS) Combo

• up or down 1mm

• Yes the black ultra should give a marked improvement and you know you are using the best. Have you tried sats at 42 east as they are powerful. And cable with no joins is a must.

You have done well and you have all the kit so getting someone in may be a waste. Good sat cable matters as well, what is the cable? And the big influence is the receiver with a sensitive tuner. The octagon is cheap and I don't have one to test.

You can tweak the dish from your armchair using the remote. Watching Italy V england now.

I know you have a good signal meter so you dont need guesswork, you just peak the signal on a horizontal and vertical channel on 16 east and tune the lnb, skew and focal length but I think you have done all that.

Edited 2 times, last by claihew: add a bit. ().

• 42e I receive it with 89% signal but as I change channel from 42 and going back to satellites the motor does not align the satellites well, I don't know why this happens, it may depend on the fixed dish Maybe down at the motor arm, When you raise your arm, does it struggle because of this, then it doesn't align well with the satellites?

Edited once, last by viper82 ().

• Official Post

I use TVheadend with USALS.

Technomate 80cm dish and quad technomate lnb.

Scanning 26E picks up a lot of 28.2E channels.

That is just a poor scan filter, IE a software issue, some of my cheap STB's do the same, the viark 4k and the Combo 4k.

It is annoying but better that than it not finding stuff. E2 blind scan is much better than my other boxes.

The sf8008 has a great tuner, and if it were not for its shitty remote control i would still own one.

Why manufacturers skimp on a remote control is beyond me, at least give an option of a better remote control even if it is another 20 quid. Sadly STB's these days are all about being the cheapest, there is very little high end stuff out there. :rant:

• Ah OK so likely a TVH issue?

Its not really a problem as such... I use E2 bouquets to map channels so these ones just get ignored.

• Fine tune on a weak transponder at 16 east, is your satellites.xml covering the arc?

In what sense?

• Have you maxed the signal? Are you getting the coverage, you want?

i'm trying to maximize the signal

• Official Post

Is your east and west the right way round ?

Post some screen shots of your tuner configs, when you say round sat, dose it signal on the wrong sat ? Is it going out by a predicable amount ?

Is this a new setup ? Are you new to e2 STB's ?

• 1) 100cm dish installation. Many attempts have been made, the following value is the maximum I was able to obtain.

(the following value refers to 6km/h wind conditions)

2) 80cm dish installation. The following value refers to the first installation carried out with an 80cm motorized dish, (The only difference between a 100cm motorized dish installation and an 80cm dish installation is the replacement of the dish, all the rest is that of installing the 100cm dish)

(the following value refers to 24km/h wind conditions)

Why is there this notable difference?

I repeat that all the material used for the 100cm motorized dish was used for the 80cm motorized dish.

A considerable gain even at 30w where with a 100cm dish the signal was fluctuating or absent, in the 80cm dish the signal is modest and fixed.

N.B. Right now the wind is 24 km/h so the signal isn't fixed, I'll have to go back to fix the signal properly.

Edited 2 times, last by viper82 ().

• With a dish of 80 cm the signals are excellent. When you mounted the 100 cm dish, did you place it exactly in the same place with the same elevation angle as with the 80 dish. Try to move the 100 dish a little left and right, but only a little to get a better signal. Also, with a dish of 80, search for some other satellites such as 0.8 W, 7W, 28.2 E, 42E and some further east. Is your engine tilt angle and antenna elevation the same as in the instructions (engine tilt angle 40.5 and elevation 49.5) or some other.

• With a dish of 80 cm the signals are excellent. When you mounted the 100 cm dish, did you place it exactly in the same place with the same elevation angle as with the 80 dish. Try to move the 100 dish a little left and right, but only a little to get a better signal. Also, with a dish of 80, search for some other satellites such as 0.8 W, 7W, 28.2 E, 42E and some further east. Is your engine tilt angle and antenna elevation the same as in the instructions (engine tilt angle 40.5 and elevation 49.5) or some other.

Everything remained the same, I just removed the 100 dish from the engine and inserted the 80cm one, nothing else.

What has been done is:

1) engine go to 0

2) removed 100 dish from the engine

3) added 80 dish to the engine

4) engine go to 16e

end.

Everything else remained unchanged,

motor not touched, motor lnb connection cable not replaced, lnb not replaced.

( I can't check the signal because there is a lot of wind, so any value would be incorrect. )

Quick check on satellites:

0.8W 12034 4! STORY TV SNR: 78/80 AGC:99 BER:0

7W 12015 2M MONDE SNR: 44 AGC:90 BER:270

28.2 E 11464 AASTHA TV INTER, SNR: 92 AGC:99 BER:0

42E 11999 A PARA HD SNR: 91 AGC:99 BER:0

Tomorrow will be an excellent day with no wind, I will be able to perfect the signal, but right now it is already a significant step forward compared to the 100cm dish.

Edited 3 times, last by viper82 ().

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!