Easy step by step Amiko Alien 2 Channels working

There are 43 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 38,321 times. The last Post () by elektra666.

• I spent 2 days looking for info on adding Nline to the alien2 stb (set top box),

I’ve only used cccam.cfg on dm500 stb. I’m a right newbie so here is the easy way I did it,

I guess your box has updated from the stb from menu spark.

1) Download: - All_emu_plugin_Alien_16.07.2012
    Unzip and put the plugin folder on USB drive (Kingston are recommended others might work) insert USB drive into rear USB socket of stb, when prompted to install press ok on remote control, (you have installed oscam the file you need we’ll come back to this a bit later. )

2) Download: - CCcam to Oscam Converter (very easy program to use)
    Open program,- top left: - click > F: C: or N: of your line,

Then
    Top right- click> open cccam.cfg and import your cccam.cfg file OR paste in your line into top box,

Then
    Click> save oscam.server, (you’ve now saved your line as oscam)

3) Open DCC – Dream Control Centre- (or your preferred FTP program)
    You’ll need to add your router PC and stb IP addresses (loads of info on the net, how to find your IP addresses) get a green line between all 3 then bottom left click> FTP

Next: - in the right window of DCC search for the file you saved on PC (file should be called oscam.server) right click and edit then highlight all the txt and click copy with the top copy button.

Then
    Left window of DCC Click>Var->/root/plugin.. click> keys then right click oscam.server and edit, then highlight the # on number 3 and click the paste button above top of left window then the save button and confirm you want to replace oscam and close.

4) On stb press menu then “plug in” highlight oscam and press ok button to start (if green press to stop RED then click to start again should be Green then exit,
    Best to restart stb go to channel if done as above you should be sorted.

If this helped please click the thank you button

• hi

can help m sort out why i cant get my box to recognise the inserted pen, which just so happens to be a kingston.

i've followed the instructions to the letter (copied the all in one file to the formatted fat 32 kingston) inserted the pen in the rear usb port brought the box out of standby and nothing.

i've tried the pen in the front slot as well, also searched the box for the elusive file, it aint nowhere to be seen, just want to add on the instructions above it say's the all_in_one_folder.......but it's not a folder but a file is this correct?

any help would be welcome.

thanks & regards: canthackit

• Hi canthackit
    you need to format your kingston drive to fat32 with pc, there's loads of free programs on the web for formatting, i done mine then used the format tool on the alien2 box just to be on the safe side, if you use timeshift you have to enable it in settings menu on alien2.

• I have followed your steps but still not working - Step1 done downloaded the plugins. when I press menu go into plugin, I get a full list oscam is listed as well as others.
    Step 2 I converted my N line to oscam saved the file
    Step 3 ftp to the box var/root/plugin/var/keys found oscam.server and copied the converted line onto this file and saved. made sure the permission is set to 755
    Step 4 highlight the oscam to green rebooted and still the same no channels
    any idea where I'm going wrong?

• Is your line active? is your box connected to the net and sat dish? The tut is for the alien 2 not sure if it works with other boxes? seems like a few people have tryed my tut and havent had any one else with problems that i know of? let me know how you do it incase others have the same problem.

• In post number 1 how long should it take to load the plugin to the box? I have been waiting now for nearly 40 mins and still no sign of anything, there is something spinning on the front panel and it also says timeshift. I have a kingston usb formatted to fat 32, am I missing something? thanks for any replies.

• Well I have managed to get newcamd working at last and I have to say in the end it was really easy to do, I found a guide to setting up your Amiko Alien2 for use with both CCcam and newcamd, it is really easy to follow and understand, they are in PDF format so I can't copy them and put them here but if you know how to do it I will send you the link by pm, I can't post a direct link as I will get my wrist slapped.

• Hi could you send me a copy of them guides and any more info on the alien2 stb you might have (like picons for tv wall) thanks

• Hi dub12dave, could you please send me the pdf or a link. I've been trying for two days solid to set my alien 2 up with no success. It's driving me mad. Tried to pm for it but my post count is to low.

• when reporting on amiko alien2, we need to be more precise on wath system are we using, because this stb is dual boot.
    I managed to insert a test line on spark's cccam (wich is not a real cccam) and in enigma2 oscam (wich is a real and very powerful cam!!!).
    I truly recomend oscam4spark when using spark (not me) because you can had a line and check the server in the plugin.
    If you use enigma2 and oscam is very easy to use the web interface to add a server and to check his status.
    To use oscam's webif, point your browser to stbipadress:8888. By default: user=root , pass=oscam. but you can change all this in /var/keys/oscam.cfg

• Well I have managed to get newcamd working at last and I have to say in the end it was really easy to do, I found a guide to setting up your Amiko Alien2 for use with both CCcam and newcamd, it is really easy to follow and understand, they are in PDF format so I can't copy them and put them here but if you know how to do it I will send you the link by pm, I can't post a direct link as I will get my wrist slapped.

any chance u can pm me details to were u found the link?

• found this on the net :

thanks to yoda on satstation

• nice one buddy, will give this a go tomorrow.
    one other question, is there an indication anywhere on on screen display as to what client ur using at any particular time? ie: cccam or mgcamd!
    hope u understand wot i mean lol

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!