SlyUK Anti-CS measures switching off HD Channels

There are 586 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 94,741 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• Was wondering why are you guys thinking that the SD will work on SD only boxes but not the SD channels on the Thompson HD boxes? Both boxes can't be upgraded so why would the non-Thompson SD work but the SD on the Thompson wouldn't?

• Was wondering why are you guys thinking that the SD will work on SD only boxes but not the SD channels on the Thompson HD boxes? Both boxes can't be upgraded so why would the non-Thompson SD work but the SD on the Thompson wouldn't?

*** kept hassling me to upgrade my thomson HD Box, they said I would start to lose HD channels.

Hey Presto the HD channels lost started to say Wrong Card. Once they have completed switching off all the other HD channels they would simply have told my card to no longer allow Any Premium Channel to decrypt, (Simply refusing my card access to those channels).

With SD boxes they cant do that unless they are prepared to offer Millions of Free HD boxes to the existing customers and do this overnight.

Eventually Sly will try to upgrade all SD customers but this will be a slow roll out because it will cost millions to do so, and if the HD boxes are cracked again it will be millions wasted for Sly.

• Was wondering, I'm using my Sly subscription card and I subscribe to the premium channels. When Sly have disabled all the premium channnels will all the freesat channels still work or do I need to unsubscribe from Sly for freesat channels to continue to work?

• Was wondering, I'm using my Sly subscription card and I subscribe to the premium channels. When Sly have disabled all the premium channnels will all the freesat channels still work or do I need to unsubscribe from Sly for freesat channels to continue to work?

They will work regardless of what sly do, you will still get the HD channels too such as BBC1 HD and ITV HD. Simply way to see whats available to you is to pull out your sly card and see what isnt encrypted!

Was wondering, I'm using my Sly subscription card and I subscribe to the premium channels. When Sly have disabled all the premium channnels will all the freesat channels still work or do I need to unsubscribe from Sly for freesat channels to continue to work?

For SlyUK I find this wiki pretty useful for Sly packs, EPG updates & Channel moves used in conjunction with kos for SID & frequency updates..

NOTE: For the wiki link, replace "***" with "s k y" (without the spaces) in browser address bar

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

Edited 2 times, last by thatfellow ().

• For people saying that SD will still be available as they would need to swap over 4 million SD boxes etc.

Aren't *** due to do a card swap this year? Who's to say these new cards will be shareable even if paired to an SD box?

• For people saying that SD will still be available as they would need to swap over 4 million SD boxes etc.

Aren't *** due to do a card swap this year? Who's to say these new cards will be shareable even if paired to an SD box?

who says there doing a card swap this year? do you work for sly?or does any one on here?

• No, I've read it on lots of forums for a couple of years now.

2014 has always been mooted as the year CS would end on *** as apparently the encryption contract with NDS states that cards must be swapped every 5 years, the last swap was in 2009.

• it amazes me why the lost of this satellite's hd channels seems to give many people the impression that this hobby is finished, i couldn't give a hoot if they block all there channels there programs have more repeats than a machine gun. and lets be serious there are lots of other satellites and lots of the same channels
    that the audio can be changed plus if it takes the same time frame as on 13e and they still have all the sd channels open, there will plenty to view from 28e for a long time yet, and i say lets enjoy what we have and worry when the lot goes down.

• No, I've read it on lots of forums for a couple of years now.

2014 has always been mooted as the year CS would end on *** as apparently the encryption contract with NDS states that cards must be swapped every 5 years, the last swap was in 2009.

How many times have sly swapped cards?

With SD boxes the software is limited, so even if they card swapped chances are it will be cracked if not already cracked.

HD boxes will be slys ultimate goal, But how do they get SD subscribers to change boxes without giving away free HD and covering all the costs? And even if they do swap every SD box running into millions whose to say that HD wont be cracked in the meantime making all Slys hard work futile ?

• it amazes me why the lost of this satellite's hd channels seems to give many people the impression that this hobby is finished, i couldn't give a hoot if they block all there channels there programs have more repeats than a machine gun. and lets be serious there are lots of other satellites and lots of the same channels
    that the audio can be changed plus if it takes the same time frame as on 13e and they still have all the sd channels open, there will plenty to view from 28e for a long time yet, and i say lets enjoy what we have and worry when the lot goes down.

How many times have sly swapped cards?

With SD boxes the software is limited, so even if they card swapped chances are it will be cracked if not already cracked.

HD boxes will be slys ultimate goal, But how do they get SD subscribers to change boxes without giving away free HD and covering all the costs? And even if they do swap every SD box running into millions whose to say that HD wont be cracked in the meantime making all Slys hard work futile ?

If we stay on the same cards then I agree that SD may be available for some time. I don't believe for a second though that if the cards get replaced they will be shareable in any way, or in a way that would be easy for the hobbyist.

When the blue cards got replaced it didn't take long for the white cards to be shared but hardly anybody knew what CS was back then and it wasn't the massive problem it is today. They're blocking HD channels now on cards and receivers that are 5 yrs old, just think what they could do with bang up-to-date cards and technology.

• If we stay on the same cards then I agree that SD may be available for some time. I don't believe for a second though that if the cards get replaced they will be shareable in any way, or in a way that would be easy for the hobbyist.

When the blue cards got replaced it didn't take long for the white cards to be shared but hardly anybody knew what CS was back then and it wasn't the massive problem it is today. They're blocking HD channels now on cards and receivers that are 5 yrs old, just think what they could do with bang up-to-date cards and technology.

Put it this way, if a simple card swap out was all they needed to stop CS why all the bother with changing The current encryption for HD channels?

Then you have the issue as to why they are replacing every Thomson HD box which is far superior to SD boxes!

• updated casualty list

STY Disney HD
    STY Scifi/Horror HD
    STY Movies Premiere HD
    STY 1 HD
    StY Atlantic HD
    STY Living HD
    STY Arts 1 HD
    STY Arts 2 HD
    Nat Geo HD
    Nat Geo Wild HD
    History HD
    CI HD

• well said mate long live cs payservers can kiss my ass

its payservers that released the swap fix, i took it from a payserver and released for free, so the chances are a payserver will no dout release something once they make ££££££££££s from it selling it etc, then people like me come along and take it all apart and put it back together and release it for free for all...........just have to wait for someones greed before hand thou :p

• its payservers that released the swap fix, i took it from a payserver and released for free, so the chances are a payserver will no dout release something once they make ££££££££££s from it selling it etc, then people like me come along and take it all apart and put it back together and release it for free for all...........just have to wait for someones greed before hand thou :p

I suspect there will be more to it this time
    If this new pairing is localised between each card/box then it will prove very difficult for the average forum member to return to sharing that card

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!