My first impressions of the wetek play.

There are 67 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 6,058 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Why would you think that the post wouldn't be here for long?????

Because you specifically seem to have a problem with my posts and usually delete them soon after they appear on the forum. I simply posted here to give my own views of this receiver that I bought out of my own hard earned cash (In fact I bought two of them, one for me and one for a family member).

I fully appreciate the wetek sponsor taking his time to respond to my posts but the rest of this thread has descended into a farce, as usual. If I had been the one to post such crap in another thread you would have deleted my posts strait away but as it's your mate stevejo it stays. (I will likely be banned again now I have voiced my opinion so I wont bother coming back here.).

- - - Updated - - -

Why would you think that the post wouldn't be here for long?????

Because you specifically seem to have a problem with my posts and usually delete them soon after they appear on the forum. I simply posted here to give my own views of this receiver that I bought out of my own hard earned cash (In fact I bought two of them, one for me and one for a family member).

I fully appreciate the wetek sponsor taking his time to respond to my posts but the rest of this thread has descended into a farce, as usual. If I had been the one to post such crap in another thread you would have deleted my posts strait away but as it's your mate stevejo it stays. (I will likely be banned again now I have voiced my opinion so I wont bother coming back here.).

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• What posts of yours have I deleted then??? as you now seem to want to make this personal.

And no you will not be banned.... because I get the feeling that is exactly what you want! do you really mean the part about not coming back???? stop teasing us :snicker:

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Although this is a UK based site, I for one live on the continent and therefore have no need for a three pin plug.
    Batteries are sometimes given, usually when not buying from a virtual seller,especially crossing borders.
    Although HDMI lead does look/feel a little weak, there´s no need for extra unneccesary cable and works perfectly in all connecting peripherals I have tried.
    To add, although openelec is todays trend I also get great use from the android side.
    I can only compare this apparatus to a Ferguson Fbox which in itself is a little gem,but doesn´t even come close to the wetek box.
    To end, I can see this box has a future and with it´s obvious current popularity, the future generations will be very welcomed.
    My VU+s still have a place within my favourites but as time has shown, R+D is coming in second place in today´s ever-evolving market.
    Just look at how long it took them to release a KoDI version.

Note : Anyone who has got a problem with the site rules are as free to leave as they were coming in.
    No member of the team has to excuse nor explain why they feel/felt it necessary to delete/modify or likewise to any post/thread.

• My first impression of this box is, about time we had something new.
    For me sat boxes were getting a bit boring, I'v had the VU+ range , Amiko , technomate, gigablue, Golden Interstar, vento, Chinese clones etc and all of them (in my opinion) have brought nothing new for years.
    This might be a wake up call to the other manufactures, now we might get some new ideas instead of the same old hardware re-boxed / branded and sold to us at a premium

• An interesting thread
    Just ordered one this morning with the 20% discount on offer today so for 66 quid with satellite tuner I think it should be a nice learning experience. I know it doesn't have the same grunt as my minix neo x8h or the familiar E2 firmware on my vu+duo2 and solo2 but I know this already. It does seem to have a good development scene already in place and the box hopefully goes from strength to strength

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• Because you specifically seem to have a problem with my posts and usually delete them soon after they appear on the forum. I simply posted here to give my own views of this receiver that I bought out of my own hard earned cash (In fact I bought two of them, one for me and one for a family member).

Dear phoenix,

From our point of view every critic (positive or negative) is more than welcome as it will only help us to become better and more accepted to market, so from your impressions we learned few things, which for sure will not happen on our next products, but as representative of WeTek, I tried to explain reasons, and still our offer for replacement of HDMI cable, and refund for pack of batteries and EU to UK converter is opened, just email Support Team at support@wetek.com and they will refund it to You.

Further more from Durham (Your profile Location: Durham), we had only 1 customer which bought one device on Sunday and by coincidence that buyer was jubilee buyer over our Web Shop, and as small jubilee and to show our generosity we decided to ship him second device for free with personal note from our Sales manager.

Anyway, if it is not you or if it is never mind, we hope owner of free sample enjoy in his 2 WeTek's :)

To All:

If anybody still need EU to UK converter, you can freely contact Lavatronics, which is WeTek distributor for UK and IE, they will ship it for free and any cost to you.

Edited 3 times, last by WeTekPlay ().

• LAVATRONICS????????? I hope further purchase come from the EU and not lavatronics

- - - Updated - - -

Personally Lavatronics is a bad move by wetek they are rouges and will blacken the wetek name sorry just my opinion

Hi stevejo,

We can assure You that you will have best quality service and treatment when we are talking about WeTek products.

• Hi stevejo,

We can assure You that you will have best quality service and treatment when we are talking about WeTek products.

You can clearly see that Lavatronics are not interested in any aftersales support for their customers, they don't even have an e-mail address for contact purposes. Bad move WeTek, bad move...

Going ahead, I hope we can continue to purchase from WeTek's online shop and receive direct aftersales support from them....

Edited 2 times, last by Skeese ().

• Hi Skeese,

You can always and in any case expect top class best support directly from WeTek, and especially every member from this great community. In case of any issue, feel free to post here at forum, where we will maintain daily basis answering on any question, or by sending email to support@wetek.com .

• How many forums has pheonix threatned to boycot, if only he kept his word for once forums would be nicer places to be. I have wetek box and so far loving it, i robbed bateries from my wifes .................. fill in blanks for chance to win a date with pheonix

• so if i get this right we order online from wetek and you then instruct lavatronics to send out the wetek, if thats the case then its a very very bad move. The name of lavatronics is tarnished in the sat world for bad customer service and a bad move for wetek, god you cant even write a feed back on there site about any product they sell, last time any feedback how ever slight got you banned.
    as im a banned member from there can you imagine me asking for something from them how, i cant even log on to there site ? (use to be a mod on there but got banned due to telling Ant he had bad customer relations in a private email and was bad for his company)

like i said bad bad move but that is my own personal op and i hope you have more distributors in the uk

• I have recently received a tm-nano-se and a number of Vu+ zeros from WOS, none of them came with a UK adapter m8.. So i`m assuming it doesn`t come as standard for either sponsors..

What's this nonsense?

1) All Technomate's come with a 3pin plug as standard, therefore do not require an adapter.
    2) All VU's that leave us we include a 2pin to 3pin plug adatper at our expense, VU do not supply these to us.

If we missed a plug adapter you should have contacted me and we would've posted you one immediately, instead of dragging WoS into this thread, what on earth have we got to do with this thread??

world-of-satellite-banner.gif
    Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team

Official Distributor of Formuler, Edision, GiGaBlue, Mut@nt Technomate, VU+, and many more...

Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!

PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*

*SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

Edited once, last by world-of-satellite.co.uk ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!