Duo2 or not to Duo2

There are 15 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,861 times. The last Post () by indbyggeren.

• This is just my personal opinion but no I don't think it is worth the extra £50 to be honest..... the solo2 can handle anything you throw at it. If you really want a box with a lcd screen on the front and it doesn't bother you paying the extra money then go for the duo2..... you also have the option of plug and play tuners on the duo2 which you won't have with the solo2, but if you need to add a dvb C/T/T2 to the solo2 there is always the usb tuner option......

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• I have both and you cannot tell the difference when using them both, get yourself the solo 2 and save the brass, also the duo2 is massive compared to the solo2 , I personnaly don't like the duo because of its size

• I choose the duo2 myself when deciding the same as you however the reasons i went for it was more ram actually needed the bigger size to match my other equipment screen on the front is pretty nice also better quality remote and future upgrades can be made to the tuners.

• I agree with the first two posters. I have VU+DUO, VU+Solo2 and recently the VU+DUO2. Unless you specifically want the extra features of the DUO2 stick with the the Solo2. It is just as good and a lot smaller.

• No doubt... Wetek Play...

I already have a wetek but that's for my bedroom use it for IPTV mostly to stream football when in bed. But I needed a new receiver for the living room brought a vu+ zero recently but didn't really like it so give it to my kids, so I was thinking about getting any stronger receiver instead of the zero

So I take it the solo2 isn't really far apart from the duo2

• So I take it the solo2 isn't really far apart from the duo2

The short answer is, it is. If you're in the market between a Solo2 or Duo2, it's the Duo2 everytime. At current prices there's even less to think about.

It's better on every front, more flexibility, better hardware, more current etc and the extra £50 is very well spent indeed. You will have no regrets.

• iv'e had both models and as for picture audio etc:
    they are like every other vu model great receivers
    if you just want a single tuner for viewing satellite tv
    then i would say try a zero the quality on these boxes
    are great quality and at about £100 notes super value

brought a vu+ zero recently but didn't really like it so give it to my kids

He already has one..
    The extra screen keeps you up to date with anything else wihtout having to show it on the tv screen..
    Love my weather screen ...

• He already has one..
    The extra screen keeps you up to date with anything else wihtout having to show it on the tv screen..
    Love my weather screen ...

I brought a duo2 instead of the solo because my local sat shop had a used one for £190 (not clone). So happy I brought it its fast but I wouldn't say its a lot faster than the solo2. As you say the LCD screen can be handy at times.

• I've had my Solo2 since launch date. It is an amazing box and has not put a foot wrong. Running full blown xbmc on there now too which is pretty impressive. I've really put mine to the test as I'm always flashing new images and trying many 3rd party apps.

I'm in the market for a 2nd box as I've just extended the house. I want something that can record IPTV (Late NFL games and 3pm stuff) but my understanding is Enigma 2 cannot do this yet...so, I'm in the market for something else maybe. Be awesome if the Solo2 could do this, but I understand some streaming boxes can do it much better

• I've had my Solo2 since launch date. It is an amazing box and has not put a foot wrong. Running full blown xbmc on there now too which is pretty impressive. I've really put mine to the test as I'm always flashing new images and trying many 3rd party apps.

I'm in the market for a 2nd box as I've just extended the house. I want something that can record IPTV (Late NFL games and 3pm stuff) but my understanding is Enigma 2 cannot do this yet...so, I'm in the market for something else maybe. Be awesome if the Solo2 could do this, but I understand some streaming boxes can do it much better

solo2 can record iptv
    with the right plugin
    solo2 can record anything :)

• I have the DUO2 and i think it is super!! i cant get my hands down.
    Its very fast and stable.
    i run oscam/cccam on it, with some dreamboxes as clients and it just works perfect.

Stay Cool

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!