Slyk EPG 7 day downloader

There are 120 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 25,250 times. The last Post () by KiddaC.

• Official Post

Hi KiddaC nice to see that you are here again and not dropping this project :thumbup:

I have no Sat no Cable for UK channels only IPTV so i have only been a silent viewer

But you are a big inspiration for many people and even when you are on a mission that might not be of use for all users,

its still interesting and nice to follow your work.

I am a big fan of CrossEPG have allways use that plugin but whats with all users that only use EPG Importer?

And i want be suprice if this plugin later down the path will out perform all other plugins for EPG ;)

Rember none of them covers all, Sat,Cable,Terrestial and IPTV and if someone is going to evolve an plugin to the 21 centry its you :thumbup:

And none of the existing plugins can handle IPTV EPG without and experts knowledge.

• Official Post

With regards to the queries/comments about the EPG-ID (AB 28.2) /Channel ID (ABM), these are values used by providers that use the OPENTV EPG system. Virgin does not use it, hence why they do not have them. Enigma2 is not coded to identify/use those values.

The renames in ABM are hacks that were added to aid identification of ITV regions as well as deal with the complaints of of "My ITV HD is not my local ITV in HD". People not easily accept that they do not have a local ITV HD and a nearby one was being used. The ITV regions all had different names many years ago and they changed to just "ITV". I suppose official receivers will only ever have the one.

• These are some of the replacements I added

"Sky Drama HD": "JuliaRobertsHD",
    "Sky Drama": "JuliaRoberts",
    "Lifetime HD": "Lifetime",
    "Sky SciFi & Hor HD": "Sky ScFi/Horror",
    "Sky ScFi Horror": "Sky ScFi/Horror",

With regard to some channels not on Sky ie. Lifetime +1 is there anyway to add a timeshift offset to individual channels?

If not we can still absorb data so not a major issue I would just need to run epg refresh before epgimport.

• Anyone else have issues as trying to ascertain if just me or not. Had to stop using at it locks my vu+ solo 4K each morning as it fails to refresh. All I see if I run manually is the status gets stuck on ‘Downloading individual programme schedules’ and only way out is to power the box off. Tried removing the plugin and re-installing but get the same issue. I have tried setting the number of days to 1 but same problem. Was working great until about 2 weeks ago and then this issue started. Back to Rytec in EPG Import for now.

• Slyk EPG 7 Day - v1.14

New file on post 1

This bug has actually driven me insane tonight.

But after hours of going round in circles I have finally found the problem.

(which actually solves a lot of other errors I was trying to catch.)

In a very simplified explanation. If there was more than 1 value, it would be stored in a list.

[100,200,300]

now normally you keep the same data structure, so if there is only 1 value you would still put it in a list.

[100]

stupid sky data, if there was only one data value in a list. They don't put it in a list. They change the list to a dictionary

{100}

So any data that was singular was crashing my code as I thought I was working with lists and not dictionaries.

Fortunately these lists to dicts don't happen alot. But there is 3 data items this week causing mayhem.

I have now written in code to change these singular dictionaries back to a list. (4 hours later)

Goodnight.

** A person who feels appreciated will always do more than what is expected **

• I've been seeing the same issue tbe saw back in July - during a manual run the plugin hangs forever with the status of `Downloading individual programme schedules...` and the box needs a reboot. Weird thing is, his issue was fixed by v1.14 - but I'm seeing the same symptoms in v1.14.

I've tracked it down to the pool.join() call in downloadEPGdata. My logging showed fetch_url2 being called for all 60 entries in the EPGUrlDownloadList list, and the log_epg_result callback was being called for each entry too - so I think all the threads were finished and the join should have worked. The only way to get the download to complete was to comment out the pool.join()

Anyone else seeing this?

Open ATV 6.4 2020-10-14, on VU+ Ultimo4k

• I had to turn this off about a month ago as it was hanging my box each morning as none of my providers would complete. Just assumed it was a bug introduced by openatv 6.4 updates on my vu+ solo 4k

KiddaC Skins and Plugins

KiddaC Enigma2 Picons, Plugins and Skins, includes slyk-1-HD, v-skin-HD, slyk-q-HD, slyk onyx skins, Bouquet Maker Xtream, E2Piconizer, IPTV Bouquet Maker, Jedi Maker Xtream, Jedi EPG Xtream, ScreenNames, Visual Weather and X Class, X-Streamity - Xtream Codes IPTV Player.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!