high ECM on 0963 - sly sports news hd?

There are 233 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 34,280 times. The last Post () by lamblamb.

• I think with the new tighter footprint *** are hoping at 1st to cut out the Eastern European payservers as it's widely regarded as this is a big area for
    payservers in Europe, so we'll have to see what the next step is.

• Am I missing something here. Why does the location of the server have anything to do with the footprint ? A UK Sly card can be shared anywhere in the World . Cards can be updated by clients who recieve the signal but the server location is irrelevent ......?

• And of course you are correct gazzac5, but sly are to introduce chipset pairing between their recievers and cards so what you are missing has been spoken about in this thread, read back a bit :)

• Official Post

I think with the new tighter footprint *** are hoping at 1st to cut out the Eastern European payservers as it's widely regarded as this is a big area for
    payservers in Europe, so we'll have to see what the next step is.

You are missing the point completley here m8, do you really think that those subscribing to eastern european payservers are based in that part of the world ?

• And of course you are correct gazzac5, but sly are to introduce chipset pairing between their recievers and cards so what you are missing has been spoken about in this thread, read back a bit :)

Have read it m8 - thats why I questioned the server location / footprint theory - totally irellevant !

• Am I missing something here. Why does the location of the server have anything to do with the footprint ? A UK Sly card can be shared anywhere in the World . Cards can be updated by clients who recieve the signal but the server location is irrelevent ......?

Yes, you are correct, you can have a card anywhere in the world & share it, but if there are problems on the card, you might have to put the card back in the original box
    & that would need a good signal which now can't be done outside the new footprint.
    This was what i was getting at really.

• You are missing the point completley here m8, do you really think that those subscribing to eastern european payservers are based in that part of the world ?

Not missing the point, as obviously people in the UK are using the Euro servers, but i am saying that if a card needs to go back in the original receiver for whatever reason, then
    that can't be done by the Euro servers anymore, unless they send the card to the UK to get it re-activated by a friend & then have it sent back to the server in Euroland, but that could take a couple of weeks turn around
    & come to think of it, they would have to send the original box back to UK aswell.

• people in europe who need a dish lets say in spain will no longer be able to watch *** uk as the footprint will be smaller
    if i was lets say in spain again, with a sever and my dish, how would i update my card? i would not be able to as my dish wont pull any ecms to my server
    get the meaning now????

• people in europe who need a dish lets say in spain will no longer be able to watch *** uk as the footprint will be smaller
    if i was lets say in spain again, with a sever and my dish, how would i update my card? i would not be able to as my dish wont pull any ecms to my server
    get the meaning now????

read posts 3.04pm and 4.21pm

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

get the meaning now????

A lot of servers get a client to update the card , not their own box so they could use a client in UK no problem.

All i was saying was that if there was a problem with the card that it had to go back in the original box, that would be a problem for somebody in Spain or anywhere in Europe.

• The trouble is these payservers don't actually advertise where they are from & i doubt it would bother the end user either way really.

• Looks like the `weekend' ecm highs are now extending to the week.. This morning im picking up 300ms+ ecms on the usual channels, but even more worrying is that now its getting upto that level on a couple of SD channels now for me. *** One being the main one..

What are they upto...

• Taken from a forum so don't shoot me down and delete if. Need

This is an Information thread is to provide our members with the
    latest information currently available with cardsharing *** 0963 cards

*** have confirmed a few things

1. They are to introduce chipset pairing on their recievers
    2. Their plan is to scrap most premium Standard Definition channels in favour of HD
    3. They plan to upgrade customers SD boxes to HD boxes

What does that mean ?

It means when they are ready their HD channels won't be able to be shared like they currently are.
    It also means when that happens and existing SD channels are converted to HD there will be very little premium channels to share presuming you can still read the card.

When will this happen ?

Only *** know the answer to that but sources say they will start in early 2013

How long do we have left sharing our cards ?

No one knows for sure but when we do know we will post here.

Any update to this information will be posted in this thread

• That's ***'s plan i am sure .

However, they cannot force people to upgrade to HD.
    This could mean many hundreds of thousands being forced to buy a new tv to start with.

If you get offered an upgrade to HD, are they going to offer you the HD content for FREE then ?

They can't force anyone to upgrade if they don't want to as it will mean the customer paying out more money on

1 a new tv (many people still don't have an HD ready tv)
    2 higher subs to pay for the HD content

If people want to keep the contract the same, they can do & *** can't do anything about it.

*** may make an offer, but that's all it is...an offer, but they can't force it on you.

• Why would you have to buy a new TV mate? Just cause its broadcast in HD doesn't mean you have to watch it in HD, box can still be connected to a 1985 style TV via scart.

As for the subs, I think they will have to scrap the `hd content' charge if there is no SD anymore. Surely HD is the new SD, thus soon becoming SD. Haha.

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!