high ECM on 0963 - sly sports news hd?

There are 233 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 34,289 times. The last Post () by lamblamb.

• when should i be looking for the high ecm's ? I have not noticed any changes on my server but will take a look!

Mine where at it this morning, seemed to have gone back to normal now though. But having said that, I wasn't getting the high ecm's when others where reporting them, so who knows whats going on!

• They cant force you to upgrade but if they change their packages to include HD as standard just like they did with sly+ then you will have no choice, it will be either take the upgrade/new box or do without
    Remember their price freeze ? well they get to make changes to that early 2013 !
    So compile all the evidence in this thread and it is easy to see where they are going ;-)

sly germany have tested Ultra HD so that will be the next step for them
    http://www.broadbandtvnews.com…land-to-test-4k-ultra-hd/

even bbc have tested their version which is called Super Hi Vision, things are moving quicker these days !

• who said cant force you? remember when cable tv phased out the old analogue tv and you needed a new box, remember when normal tv now moved to freeview....

quote:
    LINK REMOVED: POSTING A LIVE LINKBACK TO SLY.COM FROM THIS THIS THREAD IS NOT A WISE MOVE KNIPPY

Additional TV Services: any additional television services which we may supply as part of your Service from time to time, subject to your eligibility and you having the required equipment. This currently includes the service known as *** Anytime/*** Anytime+ (where available).

Address: the address of your home in either the UK or Republic of Ireland that you notify to us from time to time.

Basic Pack: any pack of basic channels we offer from time to time. No Basic Pack will include any *** Premium Channel, Stand-alone Premium Channel, bonus or additional channel or service or Additional TV Service that we offer.

Box: an authorised digital satellite decoder capable of using ***'s conditional access (encryption) system.

all they have to do is say is the old boxes software are no longer supported. just like Microsoft saying no more support for xp
    they just say due to ***s new footprint and software, you must have a new box and sign a new contract. They dont have to give you HD just SD but under new firmware.
    if you dont we will cancel your account in 30 days

11b of *** rules

(b) If you break any of the Conditions, or you or anyone you authorise to deal with us on your behalf acts in a way towards our staff or agents which we reasonably consider to be inappropriate, or if we have reasonable grounds to suspect fraud or any other unauthorised activity, we can immediately suspend provision of the Service and/or provision of the satellite television magazine (if applicable), and/or end this Contract by giving you seven days' notice at any time (including during the Minimum Term).

(c) Except where Condition 11(b) applies, we will not end this Contract during the Minimum Term. We may end this Contract after the Minimum Term by giving you 31 days written notice.

• Just my Ten Cents on this Hot Topic thread......

it wouldnt surprise me if someone in some dark corner of the world is trying to get round any issues like the ones discussed as we speak!....where there's a will there's a way as the say!

Secondly would this just open the door for people to Clone Cards....if i need a card in my machine....could my original card be copied.....could a fake card just sit there telling the box (SLY) what they need to know? Could i attach a 2nd device or STB to the SLY one and access it that way????

When i originally saw this thread i thought nothing of it as SLY asked me the same details 3months ago when i planned to upgrade to HD package.....after telling them i didnt want there box as it came with a 12 month contract, i paired my fathers old HD box with it and hey presto No 12 month Contract(which i presume covered there HD box) and HD running fine since! Not sure whether its related?

I also wonder whether a plan to attack this is worthwhile or not...SLY seem focused on giving all SLY customers BB.....free or at a cheap rate......even ring them to complain and they are quick to give you this Free of Charge or waiver any line rental or BB costs that existing customers may be getting charged for...unless thats me anyway? There push on this NOW tv service and Tv down your Internet line schemes seems like we are moving from the *** Dish sitting on you house! and fitters and the costs that entails to fit them for SLY???

I just wonder whether it will boil down to what costs more....current system and change it, only for it to exploited again....or total and utter change in the way it broadcasts to eradicate and keep control of what they do and who does what with it!

Either way Buckle up and Enjoy the Ride and stay tuned lol!

lssdalogo.png

"Don't Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold"
    “Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction”

• if cards can be cloned like the cable days would of been done, i still have a unlooper and reader writer about. i heard remours a local guy had a chip that goes over the card but i think its all BS

• Code
    h++p://postimage.org/image/q60y775zl/]View image: Changes to the way we pair viewing cards to ***

Think this is gonna shed some light on it..........fount this on another forum.

• my peers ecms are through the roof tonight.....***Digital (UK): ***Sports News HD by ***_uk (424ms) i fear its not long now before they get to above 600ms and its glitch city. regards mdt

• i have just installed the server onto my vu solo

and no high ecm and working very smooth with same config as in my laptop.....obviously now internal card ......... BUT ECM ARE ALL AROUND 95-120MS

can you confirm you are using ........ ubuntu? and/or smargo?

• in cccam my ecm times are very high vut oscam seems ok 80ms or lower

thats the general trend with cccam/oscam

oscam shows very low times but cccam shows high

interesting theory about vu duo being unaffected, cant see how a vu duo is better then a atom pc with 2gb ram using smargo with powered usb hub, unless im missing something?

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!