Poll - Best Image For VU+Receivers

There are 98 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 25,718 times. The last Post () by jenseneverest.

• I have put on vix 2.1 a few weeks ago. There are a few niggles, but nothing serious. One being the audio, on films I have it AC3 through the AV amp, but watching the news I have the stero sound through the TV . On some channels you have to set the sound when changing; something my previous Images did automatically. I do like the backup of a full image to HD or USB, which backs up everything, and I have tried it on HD. Also the EPG is very good, and the menu's well thought out. One work round if you don't have a AC3 system, is put the AC3 downmix to on.

• I've been on ViX from nearly the start. I like it because it wrote by someone coming from a *** box. It just makes the transition a lot cleaner, especially for the wife. I have a 1TB HD, 8GB usb stick and Sundtek for Irish Terrestrial.

• i am a big fan of EDG MEMESIS , it is a shame the forum has shut down , hence there will be no more updates to this great image. now i shall have to move on really & find another good image . when the time comes i shall try a few & choose then , until that time i shall stick to my present image.

• VIX for me - tried every image and keep comming back the VIX, New version around the corner......

Kindest regards, Prioryman

Let your interests be as wide as possible, and let your reactions to the things and persons that interest you, be as far as possible friendly rather than hostile.

• I am a beta test for the Vix team the next Vix team image 2.2 will be out very soon just doing some final beta testing

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.

• Vix for me as well - was chatting with of the testers today who told me that 2.2.1 is in the final stages of testing and will be released shortly.

It will have inadyn built-in so no more need for a plugin.

Londres 1992 - París 2006 - Roma 2009 - Londres 2011

• I have tried them all and keep coming back to VIX. Now would not use anything else.

Let your interests be as wide as possible, and let your reactions to the things and persons that interest you, be as far as possible friendly rather than hostile.

• Official Post

I have tried them all and keep coming back to VIX. Now would not use anything else.

The right image for you & me will no doubt be different to the next persons, have also having tested pretty much everything available i can say for me nothing comes close to the blackhole images.

• The right image for you & me will no doubt be different to the next persons, have also having tested pretty much everything available i can say for me nothing comes close to the blackhole images.

The problem I find with blackhole is that the user interface looks tacky compared to other images. That said, it functions well.

Londres 1992 - París 2006 - Roma 2009 - Londres 2011

• The right image for you & me will no doubt be different to the next persons, have also having tested pretty much everything available i can say for me nothing comes close to the blackhole images.

It would be nice to have the best of both in 1 image - but that is wishful thinking....

• Only ever tried Black hole... Can't see any reason to try anything else! That said if i'm missing out on something could some kind person let me know

RATIUS

• Official Post

Only ever tried Black hole... Can't see any reason to try anything else! That said if i'm missing out on something could some kind person let me know

RATIUS

If you don't try the others for yourself you will never know mate, I recently tried AFF summer image & was pleasantly surprised with how good i found it.

• @ Ratius -- make a personal backup of what you have at the moment.
    Then go try another image,,,this is twofold,, you will be able to compare and discover what it is you really like/dislike(advantages/disadvantages) and also get that "confidence" that you mentioned you lack in another post!!
    We´ll all get there together ;)
    Although this poll was started pre -UNO/ULTIMO I think it is relevant for us UNO users too !!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!