Premier League on Al Jazeera Sports

There are 173 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 19,180 times. The last Post () by Jigsy75.

• Official Post

Al Jazeera Sports has been confirmed as the winner of the English Premier League football rights for the MENA region, giving the broadcaster what it describes as ‘exclusive’ rights through to the 2015-2016 season.

This was first reported back in April, although it has not been clear as to how sports rights agency MD & Silva, who control the rights in the MENA region, are being compensated.

The deal covers every game in the EPL (380 Barclays matches) across all media platforms and devices.

To cover this extent of matches, Al Jazeera Sport will launch three additional HDTV channels, and has signed up what it describes as the best-loved and most respected local commentators to cover the games. Richard Keys and Andy Gray, formerly of *** Sports, will present the English-language coverage, while Ayman Jada and Mohammed Saadon Al Kuwari will present the Arabic coverage.

Three-year deal awarded for broadcast rights for all 380 matches in Middle East North Africa

The Premier League is pleased to announce that Al Jazeera Sport has been awarded the exclusive broadcasting rights in Middle East North Africa for all 380 Barclays Premier League matches per season for the seasons 2013/14-2015/16.

"We are extremely pleased to welcome Al Jazeera Sport as a new partner in Middle East North Africa"
    Richard Scudamore

Al Jazeera Sport’s chairman, Mr. Nasser Al Khelaifi, was delighted to obtain the rights, which were acquired from international media company MP & Silva.

He said: "We are extremely excited by the addition of the Barclays Premier League for the next three year cycle, the value that this can add to our customer proposition and extending further our portfolio of top European football."

Al Jazeera Sport plans to bring its subscribers complete coverage of the Barclays Premier League including dedicated studios for both Arabic and English coverage.

Premier League Chief Executive, Mr. Richard Scudamore said, "We are extremely pleased to welcome Al Jazeera Sport as a new partner in Middle East North Africa. We look forward to working with them and are confident they will broadcast the Barclays Premier League in a comprehensive and inn***tive manner to our fans in the region."

Al Jazeera Sport will be the exclusive Barclays Premier League broadcast in the Middle East North Africa region which includes: Bahrain, Iraq, Iran; Kuwait; Jordan; Lebanon; Mauritania; Oman; Qatar; Saudi Arabia; Sudan; South Sudan; Syria; United Arab Emirates; Yemen; Algeria; Chad; Libya; Morocco; Somalia; Tunisia; Egypt and Djibouti.

• you,ll need a big dish to get that m8.. 1.8 m at least,, and you,ll still have probs getting Horizontal polarity channels, cheers satcat

• Your going to need a new dedicated humax receiver to get the premier league games , if there anything like the humax boxes adsports used they have weak tuners put in on purpose.The games MAY be available on the existing Al Jazeera Sports streaming website but its to early to say for sure but as ive said before there are other options available see the iptv streaming section for that information cheers

http://linuxsat-support.com/ip…ootball-2.html#post127166

• Official Post

Just had the following from JSC Cards,

BRIEFING FOR 1ST AUGUST 2013 PACKAGES

1. INTRODUCTION

On August 1st 2013, Al-Jazeera Sport will launch new channels, and start selling new packages with increased prices. We will also be showing Barclays Premier League (BPL) football for the first time, from 17th August when the new BPL season starts.
    On Thursday 25th July 2013, we will post the new packages and prices on our website, and an advertising campaign (press, radio, outdoors, TV) will be launched in August.
    This is expected to lead to many questions from both existing customers and non-customers.
    This guide will help you to better understand what is changing and to prepare you for these questions.

2. NEW CHANNELS

Prices and Packages will be Avilable for Renewal and add on 1st of Aug

Note that all “season” packages shown here will be sold pro-rata to end 31st May 2014.
    the price which will be reduced depending on how much time is left between the date of purchase and the 31st May 2014.
    be ready to get your service online on 1st of aug

3. NEW CHANNEL LINE-UP

We are also changing our channel line-up. Form 1st August 2013 we will have 16 Al Jazeera Sport Pay TV channels (compared to 12 before 1st August), 6 of which will be in Full HD. The below table present the future channel line-up:

To maintain the quality of our Basic package for existing subscribers, we have not changed the channels included in it (+1, to +8). However these subscribers will now be able to watch Barclays Premier League football on their existing channels.
    Only at

We have significantly improved the content of the Full Sports Package (which rBPLaces the Events package), with 4 new Al Jazeera Sports HD channels, and our 2 American sports channels Fox Sports and NBA TV also in HD.

Comparison of current vs. new packages

Example shown here is for 12 months for a new subscriber and is incremental (i.e. Events package includes all Basic channels, US Sports includes Basic and Events, and Full Sports Package includes all Base Sports Package channels)

English

4. FAQ

To help you better answer to the questions you may be asked, below is a question and answer guide:

Why are you increasing prices?
    This season, Al Jazeera Sports is adding more top quality football (Barclays Premier League) and 4 new HD channels with more games broadcasted in HD.

Which channels will have Barclays Premier League football on them?
    The scheduling of our channels is still ongoing and we will communicate this as soon as it is finalised.

Will I still be able to watch Barclays Premier League on Abu Dhabi Sports?
    No. Al Jazeera Sports has the exclusive rights to BPL, so you will need to be an AJS subscriber to watch Barclays Premier League football.

What will there be on the new HD channels?
    The scheduling of our channels is still ongoing and we will communicate this as soon as it is finalised.

Why can I not subscribe to the new packages now? When will they be available online ?
    We are preparing for the beginning of the new season, and needed to suspend our sales for a short time during this period. Our new packages will be available from August 1st and you will be able to purchase them through your usual dealer. If you want to know the closest dealer to you, please visit our website

Why are the long-term packages only valid until 31st May 2014?
    In June 2014, the FIFA World Cup will take place in Brazil. For this special event, Al Jazeera Sport will be launching special World Cup packages.

I am an existing subscriber – do I need to pay extra to keep my subscription?
    No, your subscription is still active until the end of your current contract.

I am an existing Events subscriber – will I get the new channels in the Full Sports package?
    No. If you wish to have access to all new channels, you will be able to subscribe to an upgrade from 1st August 2013.

What is the cost to upgrade from Events to the Full Sports Package?
    it will be avilable on 1St of Aug 2013
    be ready to get your service online on 1st of aug

Do I need to use a Humax-branded Al Jazeera Sports box to receive the service after August?
    If you are an existing subscriber you will be able to continue to receive the service with your current box, however we strongly recommend using a Humax Al Jazeera Sports box for the best quality of service.

Do I need to use a Humax-branded Al Jazeera Sports box to receive the service after August?
    If you are an existing subscriber you will be able to continue to receive the service with your current box, however we strongly recommend using a Humax Al Jazeera Sports box for the best quality of service.

I wonder if this means that all new cards will be paired?

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• Does anyone know if the channels will have both Arabic and English audio

• Official Post

Does anyone know if the channels will have both Arabic and English audio

Wondering about this too, the way i read the mail i got the impression only +3, +10 & HD6 will be in English.
    Hopefully they mean during normal broadcasting times & the 3pms will be all be available in dual language.

• I emailed them and asked they either dont know or there not telling

Wondering about this too, the way i read the mail i got the impression only +3, +10 & HD6 will be in English.
    Hopefully they mean during normal broadcasting times & the 3pms will be all be available in dual language.

• my card has just ran out, if i re-new it for 12months, wonder if i will be able to get the new channels, or do you think it will be like Tring did, and if you bought a card for 12months in march 2013, you would not get the new season starting august 2013, you would have to pay again. i can't see them offering a year sub for just under 150 for all channels, it would be the greatest value for money card ever!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!